What were you thinking/feeling the first time you watched "The Dark Knight"??

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Its in my top 10 fav. movies of all time and I got to see it in a theater and thats only applies to two movies so it was fantastic.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Came out the summer after I graduated from high school. Went to the midnight showing and I was so pumped up afterwards that I couldn't sleep when I got home. When the joker slammed that guys face into the pencil... :ooh:

I still love the movie and I think a lot of the criticism it gets is :trash: but some of the one liners are :hamster:.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Lol wut

Contrarian likes to be contrarian.

It has nothing to do with being a contrarian. Different =/= better. A movie can try to be different and fukk it up horribly so it sucks balls.

And for everyone saying the Two-Face part was necessary, no, it wasn't because the ferry part already proved the citizens of Gotham were willing to stand up to the Joker. So there was no reason either for Batman to take the fall for Harvey's crimes because the people of Gotham had already evolved beyond the need for a rescuer. It was just a cheap way so they could have Batman say "I'm the dark knight" and drive off to become Gotham's silent protector and oh wait, he ended up retiring right after he dropped that speech, never mind.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I was in fukking awe at how BRILLIANT it was a film, not just a Batman movie. Heath Ledger really gave the performance of a lifetime, not even butter-faced Maggie Gyllenhall could bring down the greatness of this film experience.

One of my all time favorite movie watching experiences is the moment where Batman is chasing Joker on the bat-cycle and does that FLIP off the wall. The WHOLE crowd in unison had the :ooh: face it was THE perfect movie moment.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Aside from all the obvious piff, when Gordon got shot and it sold it as him being dead... I was drawn in and HOOKED that this was really happening. I was straight "Now what???" :mindblown:

I was annoyed at the IMAX to 35mm to IMAX to... you get the idea. Mad annoying, schizophrenic film making.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SneakyPastGrub.gif