What were you thinking/feeling the first time you watched "The Dark Knight"??

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
The defense of "Heightened reality" doesn't excuse the rose which while hallucinogenic, still veered toward the supernatural when Bruce only starts hallucinating when he opens the box in the first film. To which he only sees bats and nothing more. Do you know how hallucinogens work? But still, a moment of lapse in the Nolanverse is fine, one eyebrow raising is fine, maybe he just didn't do the research. However, Nolan likes dabbling in the supernatural yet tries to defend his rationalization with phrases like "heightened reality", whatever the fukk that means. Bane Punching through a stone column, Harvey Dent not only surviving the accident but walking around as if painkillers are going to fix exposed nerve and tissue damage, and Bruce's spine somehow getting "repaired" via an old doctor plopping his spinal column into place like a lego. That's not science fiction, that's supernatural, which is fine if Nolan would just admit it.

Read my post carefully again, I already mentioned how Nolans Joker was an anarchist, however the image wasn't that of the Joker, it could've been the name of any character he made up, when I saw Ledger's performance, it felt more like an anarchist psychopath who saw the real joker one day in Gotham and decided he could do it to. It was very emulation Joker and not the classic villain. What you happen to misunderstand is that the Joker from the comics is a walking piece of supervillain irony, he walks around dapper, in nice suits to state the dichotomy, that's the whole idea of irony.

Also referencing the Killing Joke really just helps my point.

It is heightened reality but in a comic book setting, he knew he was making a comic book movie so why not throw in little moments like that for fun, As for hallucinogens, you ever take peyote? thats a haulllucinogen that nearly does the same shyt, there have been numerous interpretations of joker throughout the years and there main goal with any of them is that theyre there to spread panic, chaos and terror, movie joker stands to bring down whaever batman built upon by turning people into lunatics, and leaving us contemplating what his whole motivation is here just like in the comics, you cant define him, because there are so many possibilitys that lead the audience to make up where hes coming from in their own minds, like the joker said in the killing joke, if he has to have an origin hed rather it be multiple choice

Last edited: