What was your first nikka wake up call like?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
2nd grade . I was the only black person in my class so when my teacher would talk about Martin Luther King (she was white but one of my favorite teachers I had growing up) , everyone else in the class would turn around and look at me like he was my dad or something :heh: She encouraged me to not be afraid of my heritage so I just :troll: 'd them like we were related. She used to bring her daughter to class once in a while to play with us , who I had a thing for :shaq:

I even did a presentation on MLK for a project , dressing up for the part :smugbiden:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I was 9 years old and my mom put me in a day camp. When I got there, my mom immediately noticed I was the only black person there and asked if I wanted to leave. Not understanding the big deal, I elected to stay. I ended up having a good time, but the only kids who didn't look at me strange or raise a fuss when I wanted to play with them was this really weird kid no one liked, and this obviously gay dude. They were my only friends, but I didn’t care about it because I had such a good time hanging out with them. However, things got real near the end when one of them told me to “go hop back in the toilet where I came from” and another told me to “go back to Africa where I belong”. These are 8-10 year old kids, mind you. One of them, some freckle-faced fat boy with blue eyes named Billy took the race shyt to a different level when he only targeted me during dodgeball and consistently tried to hit me with all of his might. I started to cry, but I also got angry. I beat the shyt out of him and anyone who came to defend him. The funny thing is, because I was the only black kid there and the camp didn’t want a lawsuit, they punished the white kids and let me get off scotch free :russ:

My mom to this day regrets letting me stay there, but I always tell her that I'm thankful. It taught me a valuable lesson about how white people can be. It's important that young black kids understand this.

But yeah, that’s why I laugh at these white people who are like Donald Sterling is just racist because he’s “old school” and “stuck in his ways”. Well, these kids were my age and are now in their early 20’s with that same type of evil in their hearts. They're new school, so what’s their excuse?

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
The nerve of white people to say that when they've fabricated and modified their own history and given white people credit for accomplishments that they stole from someone else.

You lived in Florida and didn't experience anything?
3PYKmMK.png
I'm like him fam, I'm in Tallahassee and have lived in Florida all my life and I've never had any type of racist shyt happen to me so far. The only incident was that time when I was in Vegas.:yeshrug:

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I'm like him fam, I'm in Tallahassee and have lived in Florida all my life and I've never had any type of racist shyt happen to me so far. The only incident was that time when I was in Vegas.:yeshrug:

I live in Tally now and its very negro friendly

Mac

Ready for the Beach #Summer2k16
Daps
Reppin
Pretty af.
"Professor, I wanted to know if you graded my paper yet?"

"No. I haven't."

"Oh....okay. I only asked because I saw that some of the students got theirs back already."

"I decided to grade yours last..............[takes a small breath]...........I actually thought you had plagiarized. The paper was well written. Almost as if a professional had done it. I didn't believe that you wrote it. I scanned your paper twice and.....nothing came up :ld:Now that I know everything is okay, I should have it graded sometime next week."

5l2_Lvv.png
This same ish happened to me in tenth grade, my mom was mad af... That fat cac hoe told me " I couldn't have possibly came up with a paper like that on my own."

Last edited:

Mac

Ready for the Beach #Summer2k16
Daps
Reppin
Pretty af.
Now that I think about it, I remember in grade school we had a literacy test that measured your reading level. I measured at a 12th grade reading level ( started reading at a very young age) and my German teacher swore up and down that I somehow managed to cheat.... Needless to say, I retook the test and once again tested the same, she was absolutely speechless... The nerve...

Damn, this thread bringing up repressed memories and ish....

Daps
Not only have I received the nikka "wake up" call but I've received the lightskin nikka wakeup call. Get it from both black and white people. :damn:

Yep, I'm mixed black and white. I had all kinds of black and white people throughout HS tell me I talked and acted "white" because I spoke properly and carried myself in an intelligent manner. It made me feel secluded from everyone. Not black enough for the black kids and not white enough for the white kids. I remember one time I had to study with this white girl in the library and out of the blue, as I was explaining something, she told me I was white-washed. I didn't even know what to say. That moment always stuck with me. I still get the "you're so white" comments from time to time.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yep, I'm mixed black and white. I had all kinds of black and white people throughout HS tell me I talked and acted "white" because I spoke properly and carried myself in an intelligent manner. It made me feel secluded from everyone. Not black enough for the black kids and not white enough for the white kids. I remember one time I had to study with this white girl in the library and out of the blue, as I was explaining something, she told me I was white-washed. I didn't even know what to say. That moment always stuck with me. I still get the "you're so white" comments from time to time.

i always get that crap
how can you act a certain race :wtf:

just because i dont bump rap and talk coherently im whitewashed :wtf: