What was your first nikka wake up call like?

Daps
Another notable moment:

Sophomore year in high school in history class we didn't study black history because- and I quote- "I feel like black history glorifies people that don't necessarily deserve to be glorified..."

7 black students in the class at the time, 2 left by the time I got outta of there... Maybe we did what she wanted by getting transferred out of her class :yeshrug:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
when I moved from jacksonvlll e, fl to Orlando in the eraly 90's

went from a catholic school classroom of ALL blacks to

being one of maybe 3 blacks in the class...I was like:

Doc-Rivers.gif

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This white girl used to beg me to come party with her and text me the address of parties she's at. So one night I decide to text her the address of a party I'm at. She replies "No offense, are black people there?"

I was like :what: for the rest of the night
:mjpls:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Another notable moment:

Sophomore year in high school in history class we didn't study black history because- and I quote- "I feel like black history glorifies people that don't necessarily deserve to be glorified..."

7 black students in the class at the time, 2 left by the time I got outta of there... Maybe we did what she wanted by getting transferred out of her class :yeshrug:

The nerve of white people to say that when they've fabricated and modified their own history and given white people credit for accomplishments that they stole from someone else.

Honestly I have never been directly mistreated by a cac :whoo: maybe because I lived in south florida most of my life I lived in Tallahassee for 6 years and never experienced the racism I had with the Hispanics in Miami

With that said I believe Hispanics in south fl are more racist and mistreating of blacks than cacs:sas2:

You lived in Florida and didn't experience anything?
3PYKmMK.png

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These aren't even nikka wake up calls people are describing. Y'all are talking about cacs caccin. nikka wake up calls are a lot more subtle and far more awakening. It's that undercover racism exhibited by a white person you might have trusted to be different and not like all the other cacs. It's not blatant and it doesn't even come across as racist on the surface, but when you sit back and think about what happened, it wakes you up like :ohhh:
i agree 100%
what you are describing is referred to as institiutionalized racism...............its when the racist has defined such a racist system that even after his demise it is perpetuated even by non racist.................for example trying to hail a cab in nyc while most taxi cab drivers are themselves minorities

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can't speak on it since i aint black. but i do have several 'fukk you, cracka' moments. couple months ago i was at the grocery store in line at the checkout. this black broad was in front of me and was short couple dollars on her items and just stood there staring the cashier. i volunteered to pay for the difference and she mumbled something like, "thats the least you can do" rolled her eyes at me and walked away. me and the cashier i was like :upsetfavre:.
now i feel you but. that was the least you could do for that unearned privilege. if it wasnt for the way things started out and currently are. you may have been the one a little short on cash that day and she would've been behind you offering to help a white brotha out.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
You know I NEVER experienced anything like that? Maybe it's cuz I went to school in a diverse city, one time a teacher even told me I was the smartest kid at the school. I've NEVER had a problem with white educators, even in college, maybe it's where I grew up but forreal some of this shyt is SHOCKING :mindblown:

:what: shocking?

really where did you grow up

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Some of the items posted here are more ignorant that blatantly racist it seems.

I am white and worked with an older guy whose wife brought a bus load of elementary school kids from up state New Hampshire to Boston on a field trip like 20 years ago and one of the little kids saw a few black kids playing near a fountain and legit got all excited and said 'Look, there's monkeys!' because she had never seen a black person in person before. Blew my mind that could even happen.

LA Fisher

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Outside @lovelydays window

I am white and worked with an older guy whose wife brought a bus load of elementary school kids from up state New Hampshire to Boston on a field trip like 20 years ago and one of the little kids saw a few black kids playing near a fountain and legit got all excited and said 'Look, there's monkeys!' because she had never seen a black person in person before. Blew my mind that could even happen.
:childplease:

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Miami, breh, I never faced discrimination from any educators. NEVER. I've faced racism before but my white teachers always told me I had a bright future :manny:

:skip3: You must have always went to hood schools and never one of these cuban schools

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Which stories are simply ignorance and which ones are racist? :stopitslime: