What was your first nikka wake up call like?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walking home at 9 years old from a friends house 2 grown white men in a black van deliberately swerved in my direction and tried to hit me with the vehicle. They stopped, hopped out 2 30+ year old cacs chased me down, called me ******s, snuffed me, stomped me out for about 5 seconds then bounced. I was fukking distraught. My mother called the police as I remembered their license plate. Black cop shows up, he radios in the infromation and the dispatcher correctly identified the vehicle and the owner over the radio.

No arrests were ever made.

I still remember the license plate # to this day.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Walking home at 9 years old from a friends house 2 grown white men in a black van deliberately swerved in my direction and tried to hit me with the vehicle. They stopped, hopped out 2 30+ year old cacs chased me down, called me ******s, snuffed me, stomped me out for about 5 seconds then bounced. I was fukking distraught. My mother called the police as I remembered their license plate. Black cop shows up, he radios in the infromation and the dispatcher correctly identified the vehicle and the owner over the radio.

:snoop:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

:francis: .... fukk this country... do you still live here?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I was 15...living in Indianapolis for about 4 months. Before then, I spent most of my life in Alaska and Germany. Alaska is pretty much like it's own country...nothing like here in the states.

Anyway, it was summer and around 11 pm. Me and about 6 other kids from the base was at a bus stop, free-styling and making beats. All of sudden one police car came down the street with the lights on, but no siren. All the other kids started running, while I just sat there at the bus stop. Cops was already there though, about 20 of them came from behind a building, guns out yelling "freeze, freeze!". They caught two of my friends but the others got away. They almost didn't see me since everyone else scatted and they chased them...I just sat there at the bus stop. But one came around the corner and put his gun on me, and told me to go lay on the ground with my friends. I was confused. I didn't know you was 'suppose' to run when you saw the police. That wasn't my experience growing up. I guess I didn't have the 'hood mentality'. We didn't do anything wrong...except making a little noise at night...but nothing criminal to warrant 20 cops coming at us (we were just 13-15 years old).

But that didn't matter, I was black, and being black is criminal in itself to some people.

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was working for this small company doing QA testing for telecommunications and became "friends" with one of the first employees at the company, she also happened to be my manager. We used to kick it after work, hang out, go to lunch and shyt. She would talk me up to management, let me know all the changes and even recommended me for a supervisor position and everything. Work wise I was killing it, I was one of the top testers, I would train new emps and all types of shyt. One day we got into outside of work, I don't remember what about, but I was fired by the end of the week :russ: I went to lunch, came back, they called me in the VP's office and handed me a letter. It said some shyt like I had been insubordinate and didn't perform some testing they wanted me to do and wasn't performing well or something like that.

Luckily, they hadn't disabled by access to the system so when I went home I printed out all my completed test results for the week and emails that she had sent the week before saying I would be in charge of our group when our supervisor was out on vacation and others just giving me praises and accolades just so I could collect unemployment.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
My first girlfriend in 2nd grade was this white girl names Ashley Stevenson. She dumped me because her mama said she can't date black boys.

fukk you Ashley and yo mama. :pacspit:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I wouldnt say they were wake up calls up just reminders
- Freshman year of college I was walking from the rec center to my dorm room its probably about 11pm. I tend to pause my music when I'm walking by a group of people cause there have been times when people were talking about me and I didn't know it cause my headphones were too loud.
So as Im walking I see about maybe 15-20 white people and you can see from their faces their laughing and having a good time drinking.
As I hit the pause button I hear this white boy say, "You see I told you they look like Monkeys" pointing to me and all the white people erupt in laughter.

-I was detained by a police officer that said I looked like a known drug dealer even though he saw me walk out of my dorm with a dvd in my hand to return to a friend.

- When Obama won the election in 2008 these white girls that lived above us opened their front door(We had our front window open) and screamed, "OBAMA SMELLS LIKE COCO BUTTER!!!!"

- Being followed in the mall numerous times before eventually I got fed up with it and confront the employees about following me in the store.

-My girl friend getting called a ****** by her mexican roommate and that she needs to be hanging from a tree like a ****** should. We knew this girl for 3 years and defended her when their white roommate used to make racist comments about illegal mexicans.

Man I could go on.

I would've set trip so fukking hard on those muthafukkers