What was your first nikka wake up call like?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
2nd grade a white kid called me a ****** on the school bus, :birdman:punched him in the jaw, got sent to the office. I don't remember getting in trouble at school or at home though.

I only read the first page but it seems a lot of you weren't properly prepared for experiencing racism for the first time, seems it left a lot of you :dwillhuh:

2nd grade? :merchant:

It's pathetic how white people instill hatred in children before they even know their multiplication tables and during a time when they should be innocent and naive about life. Such an evil group of people. :pacspit:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You know what i take back my earlier post. My first reeeal check was when i was either in the 1st or 2nd grade. I was going to school in baton rouge,la and power rangers had just came out. My mom bought me a power ranger watch that you could play as a lil fighting game as well. Well i took it to school and of couse all of the other kids thought it was hot shyt. Like the dumb lil kid i was, i let people see it and play with it. Eventually i let this one white kid see it and he wouldnt give it back so i took it back. He started crying and told the teacher i stole "his" new watch and i was like no, my moms just bought that for me yesterday.

She took the watch and eventually his mom shows up and she tells the teacher that she bought her son that watch and that i was lying. That shyt crushed my young soul. I told my mom when i got home and she called up there and whatnot. I dont know the details but i do know that i never saw that watch again and i switched schools shortly after that. That is the one incident that gets me heated to this day just from thinking about it.
:wow: man

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
That counselor felt threatened by you because you did not live up to his/her stereotypical view of black folks.

I remember this one time in college I was at a party and some fratboyish cornball white dude starts talking to me and my brother in forced outdated ebonics, I looked at dude like :dahell: and said "Speak to me in English you fakkit". Dude caught all sorts of feelings and accused me of being "too sensitive" :dead:. My brother then challenged the CAC to a fight and he was all like "Easy bro, easy :whoa:"
I HATE that shyt...like STFU

4fossa

All Star
Daps
My situation was very similar. in elementary school (3rd grade) we had something called field day.

It was basically a competition between all of the classes, anyway I dusted this cac in one of the races and he called me a "damn ******". I whooped his ass. Street fighter was hot then and I even hit his ass with one of these
Ken-hurricane-loop.gif

My mom was saying "that's what they want you to do, don't react" My dad looked at me like :myman:

:gladbron:

anyway, epic threat.

4fossa

All Star
Daps
I was playing in an AAU basketball tournament when I was like 10 or 11 yrs old. We were way up in the cuts of the "country part" of Northern California where there were nothin but white folks.

Our team was comprised of all black kids, from various hoods of Oakland, and SF. Our head coach was black too. During the game, fans from their team started chanting, "go back to the ghetto, go back to the ghetto, go back to the ghetto" :comeon:

My coach ran out onto the floor and started screaming at the refs and demanded the people chanting that bullshyt stop and be removed from the gym. The game was stopped. Parents from our squad were yellin at these racist MFs. It was ugly :snoop:

My coach told us to go to the bench and told the refs we wouldn't play unless the people were removed. They were removed and we went on to beat the brakes outta that team by like 20 points :obama:

:salute:

4fossa

All Star
Daps
Wow I can relate to a lot of stories in this thread.

And keep in mind that I'm brazilian.

Funny thing is that I was never prepared by my parents, had my mom always saying that "racism was over". :rudy:

I can't remember exactly, but I had nikka wake up calls the whole life, since grade school to college.

In grade school I was the only black kid in the class (only in high school I got in classes with other black kids, other two at maximum). So you guys can imagine the amount of BS.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
Had this happen to me as well. Back in 2011 when i was in albuquerque walking to the dodge dealership to get my car out of service. While boys rolled by screaming "******! Youre a ******!" mean mugging me as they kept driving. I wasnt hurt, i was just thinking if they was really bout it theyd stop and see about me. Stupid ass people man

I remember back in the day one of my black friends said to me he was on the bus and looking out of the window.

Another bus passed by and a white guy on the other bus started giving him the finger, mean mugging, threatening him, from inside his own bus. I'm not sure if it was meant in a racial way, maybe he just didn't like the look of my friend but it seemed to be a racially motivated issue.

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator
one of my white friends started saying racial shyt and making black jokes after hs....i cut him off and never talked to him again....after that i never got really close with a white person again...i feed them with a long spoon

my nikka i did the same fukking thing, i had a white best friend since 7th grade after high school found out nikka was talking mad shyt behind my back the whole time calling me a ****** and shyt. after that i don't fukk with cac

4fossa

All Star
Daps
my nikka i did the same fukking thing, i had a white best friend since 7th grade after high school found out nikka was talking mad shyt behind my back the whole time calling me a ****** and shyt. after that i don't fukk with cac

Wtf you should have beat the shyt out of this cac :birdman:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
You know what i take back my earlier post. My first reeeal check was when i was either in the 1st or 2nd grade. I was going to school in baton rouge,la and power rangers had just came out. My mom bought me a power ranger watch that you could play as a lil fighting game as well. Well i took it to school and of couse all of the other kids thought it was hot shyt. Like the dumb lil kid i was, i let people see it and play with it. Eventually i let this one white kid see it and he wouldnt give it back so i took it back. He started crying and told the teacher i stole "his" new watch and i was like no, my moms just bought that for me yesterday.

She took the watch and eventually his mom shows up and she tells the teacher that she bought her son that watch and that i was lying. That shyt crushed my young soul. I told my mom when i got home and she called up there and whatnot. I dont know the details but i do know that i never saw that watch again and i switched schools shortly after that. That is the one incident that gets me heated to this day just from thinking about it.

Breh....damn this just reminded me of some shyt I seen go down in Chuck E. Cheese years ago.....this white kid dropped all his game tokens or whatever them shyts are and this little black kid came through to HELP HIM PICK THEM UP.....all of a sudden this little white kids CAC mother comes through screaming "OH NO YOU DONT GET AWAY FROM HIM!!!!" as if the little breh was trying to steal his tokens, made a huge scene and everything. I remember hearing that the black kid and his moms got kicked out but I don't know if they left or their own or what....that shyt was fukking infuriating man.

Invisible Man

The Real Huey
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Nursing school 2007, first days of class everyone was being social at lunch.
One white girl talks about how she only dates black guys.
I carelessly asked the girl sitting next to the first girl if she also dated black men because I'm trying to get a feel for the room on who I can make FRIENDS with.

3 days later I'm called into the Dean's office on a claim of sexual harassment.
:ohhh:
:wtf:

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Honestly I have never been directly mistreated by a cac :whoo: maybe because I lived in south florida most of my life I lived in Tallahassee for 6 years and never experienced the racism I had with the Hispanics in Miami

With that said I believe Hispanics in south fl are more racist and mistreating of blacks than cacs:sas2:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
That dot head didn't wanna get treated the way CACs do on the court
tumblr_lzxsyufYi61qfmgozo1_500.gif

That's the thing, though - I've always been a bad basketball player. Ask me to defend or rebound - I'm your man. But don't let me try to score on my own. But still that kid was not having it. :smh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
All these white kids in 6th grade made fun of my accent like how come i say "axe" instead of ask and how come I cant pronounce words ending in -th(I would say it as if it was a f) correctly:why:

Thats just how we talked in my hood fuk them clowns tho:manny:

I do this same shyt :ohhh: you from the chi?

My name is keith and everything think that shyt is "keef" from how I pronounce it :yeshrug: