What was your first nikka wake up call like?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
had some before the one i'm talk about, but this one was the last one I ever needed:

was about 12, in a mentor program for brothas...they helped us get summer jobs, encouraged us since we came from bad neighborhoods, etc. shyt like that...anyway, i'm riding with one of the mentors, and he decided to get a cut from one of his boys in the projects, cool....i'm waiting in the car, listening to the radio, when I glance in the side mirror and see a cop running up with his gun drawn....at the same time, a cop comes in front of the car with his gun drawn...and they both yelling for me to get out the car with my hands up.....i'm thinking what the fukk?!?!....so i get out the car and they start frisking me....at this point, the mentor cat is coming out the building, sees what's going on, and starts he's yelling at the cops saying i'm with him and asking what's going on....that's when the cops explain what's happening...convo went like this:

mentor: what's going on? he's with me...I was getting a cut, he was waiting in the car....i realized it was taking long, so i was coming to get him....what's the problem?
cop: we got reports of a man running around with a gun...
mentor: he doesnt have a gun...he's only 12...what was the description?
cop: black man..........wearing a purple shirt..
mentor: his shirt is white!...
cop: hey, no need for the attitude...we just doing our jobs...
mentor: but he doesn't fit the description
cop: our mistake...have a good day..

...havent needed a nikka wake up call since....

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
When I was little I went to this park with my mom. I usually liked to play by myself but this chubby white girl just insisted we play. So we are going around the jungle gym, I can't remember what I wanted to do, but I wanted to do something different. This heffa was like "No, you have to do what I say because you're black!"

:dahell: I just looked at her crazy and walked away from her. I told my mom later. My parents had already had talks with me about racism and our history at that point. So I guess I just wasn't going to entertain it lol.

This is sad :snoop:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one of my white friends started saying racial shyt and making black jokes after hs....i cut him off and never talked to him again....after that i never got really close with a white person again...i feed them with a long spoon

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I was playing in an AAU basketball tournament when I was like 10 or 11 yrs old. We were way up in the cuts of the "country part" of Northern California where there were nothin but white folks.

Our team was comprised of all black kids, from various hoods of Oakland, and SF. Our head coach was black too. During the game, fans from their team started chanting, "go back to the ghetto, go back to the ghetto, go back to the ghetto" :comeon:

My coach ran out onto the floor and started screaming at the refs and demanded the people chanting that bullshyt stop and be removed from the gym. The game was stopped. Parents from our squad were yellin at these racist MFs. It was ugly :snoop:

My coach told us to go to the bench and told the refs we wouldn't play unless the people were removed. They were removed and we went on to beat the brakes outta that team by like 20 points :obama:

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I never got a wake up call but I do get reminders that I'm still a nikka to people.

Shreveport, LA

I was walking to work for my clinical internship because I couldn't afford tax fair.

Anyway, I was walking through youree drive in broadmoor, a predominantly white neighborhood as far as I could tell, that I lived in. The laws circled around me like 3 times before they pulled over and threw my black ass over the hood for no reason.

All I could think of is:
wR57lPd.jpg

Cops: why you out so early in the morning?people out this are usually up to no good.
:beli:

Me: :dahell: I'm going work, the bus not running and I can't afford the cab fair.

Cop: :leostare: I don't quite believe that story there have been reports of break in in this area.

Me::what: I live in the area,

Offica...:troll:

Black cop: :ufdup: Why ya ass Tryna be funny we gonna take ya ass in when I run your ID

*he starts to read me my rights*
Me::sadcam: I ain't do nuffin man, I'm just going to work to get an education.

* they run my ID and call the VA medical to check my schedule*

Cop: :leostare:Seems like you check out, for now, we will be watching you

Black cop::birdman:

Me::childplease:..:stopitslime:...:dwillhuh:

:wow:

:to:

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Another one is after work I went to visit my parents, my dad asked me to go to the store to get him some bread nikka was making sandwiches. So he gave me the money I have it in my hand walking to the store which was like a block away. "Jump out" which is what we call undercover police pulled up patted me down asking why am I carrying money.:ohhh: The cad admitted that i was a black man walking near a trap spot with a shirt and tie on with money in my hand what else could I be doing .:pacspit:

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nursing school 2007, first days of class everyone was being social at lunch.
One white girl talks about how she only dates black guys.
I carelessly asked the girl sitting next to the first girl if she also dated black men because I'm trying to get a feel for the room on who I can make FRIENDS with.

3 days later I'm called into the Dean's office on a claim of sexual harassment.
:ohhh:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You know what i take back my earlier post. My first reeeal check was when i was either in the 1st or 2nd grade. I was going to school in baton rouge,la and power rangers had just came out. My mom bought me a power ranger watch that you could play as a lil fighting game as well. Well i took it to school and of couse all of the other kids thought it was hot shyt. Like the dumb lil kid i was, i let people see it and play with it. Eventually i let this one white kid see it and he wouldnt give it back so i took it back. He started crying and told the teacher i stole "his" new watch and i was like no, my moms just bought that for me yesterday.

She took the watch and eventually his mom shows up and she tells the teacher that she bought her son that watch and that i was lying. That shyt crushed my young soul. I told my mom when i got home and she called up there and whatnot. I dont know the details but i do know that i never saw that watch again and i switched schools shortly after that. That is the one incident that gets me heated to this day just from thinking about it.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
2nd grade a white kid called me a ****** on the school bus, :birdman:punched him in the jaw, got sent to the office. I don't remember getting in trouble at school or at home though.

I only read the first page but it seems a lot of you weren't properly prepared for experiencing racism for the first time, seems it left a lot of you :dwillhuh:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was a saturday night in western PA ( during college)

me and my homie just pulled up to scoop some friends from their apt before we hit the party. all of a sudden some beat up ass pickup coasts down the street and you hear a obviously drunk white dude yell "Niiiiiiiiaggerssss!" then sped up right as they were passing

idk what it was about the way he said it, but i didn't feel threatened....instead slightly amused. it wasnt just p*ssy, it was some grade A clown shyt to pop shyt then speed off like we was about to start chasing the car or some shyt

as he sped by my face:

howarddealwithit.gif

My homie was like::dwillhuh:

as we were about to walk in the apartments we both paused like :wow: did that just happen?
Had this happen to me as well. Back in 2011 when i was in albuquerque walking to the dodge dealership to get my car out of service. While boys rolled by screaming "******! Youre a ******!" mean mugging me as they kept driving. I wasnt hurt, i was just thinking if they was really bout it theyd stop and see about me. Stupid ass people man

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
You know what i take back my earlier post. My first reeeal check was when i was either in the 1st or 2nd grade. I was going to school in baton rouge,la and power rangers had just came out. My mom bought me a power ranger watch that you could play as a lil fighting game as well. Well i took it to school and of couse all of the other kids thought it was hot shyt. Like the dumb lil kid i was, i let people see it and play with it. Eventually i let this one white kid see it and he wouldnt give it back so i took it back. He started crying and told the teacher i stole "his" new watch and i was like no, my moms just bought that for me yesterday.

She took the watch and eventually his mom shows up and she tells the teacher that she bought her son that watch and that i was lying. That shyt crushed my young soul. I told my mom when i got home and she called up there and whatnot. I dont know the details but i do know that i never saw that watch again and i switched schools shortly after that. That is the one incident that gets me heated to this day just from thinking about it.

shyt got my mad as fukk :pacspit: