What was your first nikka wake up call like?

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
When I was growing up, my next door neighbors were Indian (husband, wife, son, daughter). They had a basketball hoop in their drive way, and the son would always have his Indian friends from the neighborhood come over and play. I must have been about seven or eight, and he was a couple of years younger. My cousin and I would try to play with them, but he was not having it. The crazy thing about it is that his friends wanted us to play with them, but he was all :whoa: about it.

That counselor felt threatened by you because you did not live up to his/her stereotypical view of black folks.

I remember this one time in college I was at a party and some fratboyish cornball white dude starts talking to me and my brother in forced outdated ebonics, I looked at dude like :dahell: and said "Speak to me in English you fakkit". Dude caught all sorts of feelings and accused me of being "too sensitive" :dead:. My brother then challenged the CAC to a fight and he was all like "Easy bro, easy :whoa:"

:dead:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Honestly, nothing for me because I grew up in Detroit.

It was like 85%+ black and every school I went to from elementary to high school was almost all black, so I never really felt out of place. I guess it bothered me in a subtle way that one side of 8 mile was black and one side was white, but you really wouldn't get away with blatant 'cism against black people in Detroit. And by the time I got to college I already expected it I was kinda prepared.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
When I was growing up, my next door neighbors were Indian (husband, wife, son, daughter). They had a basketball hoop in their drive way, and the son would always have his Indian friends from the neighborhood come over and play. I must have been about seven or eight, and he was a couple of years younger. My cousin and I would try to play with them, but he was not having it. The crazy thing about it is that his friends wanted us to play with them, but he was all :whoa: about it.

:dead:

That dot head didn't wanna get treated the way CACs do on the court
tumblr_lzxsyufYi61qfmgozo1_500.gif

koopz

Pooh
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
i remember when i first moved to the suburbs and people would ask me what school i came from and when i answered they would give me the ":merchant: oh..."
got some :huhldup:s.
some "but you talk so good.." 's

had one girl give me the "ew" but tried to change it to an "oh" :snoop:

but even before we moved, there was this city thing where all the schools in the city would send the students to watch some performance. only there were too many students for them to hold the event over on the suburb sides so they were coming over here for our arena. our school got the shytty end of the schedule so we ended up going on the day that the schools from outside the city (aka white schools) were going.

we get off the bus and theyre all standing in the parking lot staring at us like :dwillhuh:. and we already stand out cause we're the only school with 100% blacks and in uniforms. we start walking in the arena and all you hear is them shyt talking the city and '******' this and '******s' that. and i was like damn these are the people i gotta go to school with next year :damn:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
we get off the bus and theyre all standing in the parking lot staring at us like :dwillhuh:. and we already stand out cause we're the only school with 100% blacks and in uniforms. we start walking in the arena and all you hear is them shyt talking the city and '******' this and '******s' that. and i was like damn these are the people i gotta go to school with next year :damn:
i swear shyt was exactly the same for me :bryan: khaki's wit the polo on and some fire ass shoes that didn't match the uniform at all :ahh:

even when we did the usual "senior trip to a college campus" thing and other schools were there we were the only ones 100% black with uniforms on and like 30 nikkas wit dreads including me :blessed:

and we would steal their bytches every single time :ufdup:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
You know the worst part about situations like that? They have the audacity to tell you these things as if we don't have feelings or emotions at all.

I know. Wasn't surprised though. I've had like 10 teachers say I was a good writer since grade school. Looking back on that as an adult though, I know they were being condenscending. Cacs took one look at me in my jordans and oversized jerseys and despite what came out of their mouths, their thoughts were, "I thought you was just another dumb nikka." Like...it never felt like a compliment but, more like "Im surprised you can even spell, blackie" :mjlol:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Every time I smash a non-Black girl.

"It's... Big.":dwillhuh:

"Yeah." (Hurry up and put it in your mouth, bytch.):comeon:

"Don't you think it's big?":skip:

"Not really.":stopitslime:

"It's cuz you're black and you're used to it.":patrice:

:aicmon: I'm dead fukking serious.

What kind of women are you dating? :patrice:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
When I was a kid, I was friends with this white kid named Richard.
I'm thinking we both were like 12 or 13.
We had the same classes in school.
Richard was cool as fukk. We hung out a lot......especially during Summer vacation.

Anyway, we decided to go fishing. But, I didn't have a fishing pole.
Here's how the conversation went........

Me: "Fishing sounds cool. But, I don't have a pole."
Richard: "We have plenty at my house. Let's go there and grab you one."
Me: "Alright. That's awesome."

So we got to Richard's house and we're all up in his garage looking for a spare fishing pole.
Richard found a long bare bamboo pole and said, "I guess we don't have another fishing pole. But, we got this ****** pole that you can use."

And as soon as he realized what he'd just said......

Richard: :merchant: :snoop:

Me: :merchant: :wtf: :pacspit:

Richard: "I'm sorry I'm sorry!"

I couldn't whoop his ass because his family was in close proximity.
So I told him that we couldn't be friends anymore.
And that was it.
We lost contact over the years and I didn't think about it until this thread popped up.

Damn, Richard turned out to be a real dikk

:youngsabo:

semtex

:)
Daps
I went to a private elementary school with a sea of cacs, and like three other black kids in the whole school. The music teacher used to get us black kids all mixed up with each other, and I always got called the other black kids' names more often than my own. I told my mom and she got mad as fukk. Not sure why my parents couldn't foresee that type of fukkery when enrolling me in a virtually all white school. It was like they wanted to :troll: those cacs with my presence or maybe my parents were just c00nin and figured since all those white kids went there that it was the cream of the crop.