What Was One Significant Thing Iverson Did Significantly Better Than D Wade, Basketball-wise?

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
the nba finals with no a or b list star on the team besides himself... then carried them to beat the record breaking, kobe, shaq, phil lakers.. who hadn't lost a single game the entire playoffs.. and forced them into a game 1 loss

i mean shyt... what you want the nikka to do.. play all 5 positions himself.. who else was doing anything on that team offensively

Dikembe Mutombo was that team's defensive anchor. George Lynch was 6th Man of the Year.

But I agree that AI played with less talent then Dwyane Wade.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
nikkas say AI had better handles, which is somewhat the truth, but Wade had a much more effective handle. nikkas be judging handles by size up moves and shyt, AI played with the ball too much. With Wade its a 1-2 dribble move before he is gone past you. Wade was never the type to size up much, nikkas like AI, Crawford, ect uses size up moves to get the defender off balance. Wades crossovers took up so much space he aint need to size up, Rose is similar to Wade in that aspect.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
And that's fine if you think he's an unique player, but you can't then use that reasoning (this doesn't really apply to you) to suggest he's better than a player all because he was short in stature and had impalpable qualities that other players supposedly didn't have. Ya don't think that Wade was at a height disadvantage when he was blocking dudes up to six inches taller than him? Ya don't think Wade was at a height disadvantage going against bigger and taller guards throughout his entire career?

:manny:

I didn't say he was better than Wade nor did I imply that

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
wade can be sloppy as fukk with the ball though. it's gotten worse over the past few years. he's had a ton of unforced turnovers off the dribble...and a lot of them weren't even off of fancy cross-overs or splitting the defense or stuff like that. i've seen dude nearly lose the ball out of bounds just walking the ball up the court with nobody around him...more than once.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
wade can be sloppy as fukk with the ball though. it's gotten worse over the past few years. he's had a ton of unforced turnovers off the dribble...and a lot of them weren't even off of fancy cross-overs or splitting the defense or stuff like that. i've seen dude nearly lose the ball out of bounds just walking the ball up the court with nobody around him...more than once.
This is true, doesn't take away from his dribble moves though. He can be sloppy as fukk with simple shyt fasho, shyt has me like :scust: sometimes

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ya it's weird. he can string together multiple crosses and spin moves and shyt and then the next play, he'll be dribbling the air while standing still. wtf man :mindblown:

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
The :aicmon: haters in here must have had all their girls crush on dude at the time or something, I just can't see how you can hate a player who put it all out there night after night.
We got Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, all on the list of MOST MISSED field goals...
Let A.I's dopeness just be that, not every legend has a ring and played the way y'all wanted em to :childplease:

Dude my height out there scoring at will :mjcry:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
The 01 sixers were ranked top 5 in both defense and rebounding....

.... And that's all iverson right?

What happened in Denver?

And he scored 1/3 of the points for a team that was middle-of-the-pack offensively. You can play all the defense you want but if you can't score, what does it matter?