What Was One Significant Thing Iverson Did Significantly Better Than D Wade, Basketball-wise?

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
You disregard ballhandling but bring up playmaking :laff:

Really
iN7jvSo.png
breh?

uwotm8?

making plays on a reliable level for you and other teammates isn't more important than handling the ball real well?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
carried a team to what?

Wade didn't carry a team alone. Every title Wade won, he either had a dynamite No. 2 option (Shaq; who admittedly didn't need to do TOO much given that half of Wade's NBA Finals damage was done at the free throw line that year) or he WAS the No. 2 option (LeBron). Without A.I., Those Sixer teams are garbage. He carried them to being relevant/being a factor in the Eastern Conference, which was actually decent. While that didn't mean anything back then thanks to the Lakers, it was a much better conference than the bullshyt ass East we have now.

TOP LAD

Daps
Reppin
LORDE
Wade didn't carry a team alone. Every title Wade won, he either had a dynamite No. 2 option (Shaq; who admittedly didn't need to do TOO much given that half of Wade's NBA Finals damage was done at the free throw line that year) or he WAS the No. 2 option (LeBron). Without A.I., Those Sixer teams are garbage. He carried them to being relevant/being a factor in the Eastern Conference, which was actually decent. While that didn't mean anything back then thanks to the Lakers, it was a much better conference than the bullshyt ass East we have now.

Reason why he has no ring(s)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
ball handling is that significant really and outside shooting is one aspect of overall offense which both players were really good at

Wade was significantly:

more efficient
a better playmaker
a better on ball defender
rebounder
shot blocker

when it comes to stealing the ball AI has an edge but not a significant one

1.8 vs 2.2 over a career
Is ball handling significant?? For a person who takes the ball up the court 90% of the game. Not turning the ball over and faking people out to take them out play, isn't important. Getting separation on your shot by making MJ fall over isn't important? Being able to drive to the lane with both hands isn't important? Tony Parker hasn't made a career of his dribbling and handles. AI. Steph curry. Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul.

Outside shooting isn't significant? There's entire careers of players, based on nothing more than their ability to shoot outside. Ask d wade about Ray allen getting him his last ring. Talk to steph curry who basically is all handles and outside shots. Talk to Reggie miller. Larry bird. Mark price. Steve Kerr. Etc etc etc

Outside not even just 3s. 15 ft is considered an outside shot. nikkas wouldn't even bother guarding you if you had no outside shot. They'd just camp for you in the paint. Having shooters spreads the whole D out and keeps them honest

What nba are yall watching?

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town

The 01 sixers were ranked top 5 in both defense and rebounding....

.... And that's all iverson right?

What happened in Denver?

TOP LAD

Daps
Reppin
LORDE
Is ball handling significant?? For a person who takes the ball up the court 90% of the game. Not turning the ball over and faking people out to take them out play, isn't important. Getting separation on your shot by making MJ fall over isn't important? Being able to drive to the lane with both hands isn't important? Tony Parker hasn't made a career of his dribbling and handles. AI. Steph curry. Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul.

Outside shooting isn't significant? There's entire careers of players, based on nothing more than their ability to shoot outside. Ask d wade about Ray allen getting him his last ring. Talk to steph curry who basically is all handles and outside shots. Talk to Reggie miller. Larry bird. Mark price. Steve Kerr. Etc etc etc

Outside not even just 3s. 15 ft is considered an outside shot. nikkas wouldn't even bother guarding you if you had no outside shot. They'd just camp for you in the paint. Having shooters spreads the whole D out and keeps them honest

What nba are yall watching?

why should ball handling be considered significant? especially when guards are being discussed? AI has superior handles compared to D Wade but most all great guards in history have above average handle. Like I said before, outside shooting is one aspect of overall offense, the 2 were great offensive players so if your comparing the 2 saying AI is a better outside shooter as one of your points to your AI > Wade argument it doesn't hold that much weight if not any. You bringing up dudes who have build their game around long range shooting. How can outside shooting hold any weight when, career wise, they are in the same ball park offensively? Wade has no barley outside shooting game yet he has one of the most highest gravitational pulls in the NBA. You can't just camp on wade cuz he moves off the ball and can kills you there.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
a point guard, guards the primary ball handler... how in the entire fukk is stealing the ball away from the other team one of the WORST ways to judge somebody???

how about we go super technical, new age stats then since we can trade blocks for steals....

d wade's defensive win shares... mean how much was his defense a reason why his team won the game... 37.3

ai's 38.1

i mean what other stats we gonna look at?? what would really solve this.. and i can't find it... is oppositions scoring... they have it tracked out with this new age stat shyt... exactly how many points or average points were scored vs a player... but i'm not digging for that

but one of the greatest shot blocking guards of all time... come on now
You know somebody on here posted on ball defensive stats that showed that Wade has been one of the best on ball defenders since he came into the league right?????? He had a bunch of seasons better than Lebron and prime Kobe right????? Remember, im talking ON BALL DEFENSE, this is not even including his shotblocking off the ball. You also know that Wade is top 5 all time at blocking shots ON THE BALL, he is probably higher than that right now since I seen that stat 3-4 years ago. Top 3 ALL TIME at blocked jumpshots also. :yeshrug: Im not just talking blocks, I don't know the sight, but Wade for at least 5 out of his 1st 8 seasons held who he was guarding to less points than most other superstar perimeter players.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
I get the feeling that the "AI WAS THE GOAT" crowd was 7 years old or younger during AI's prime.