What the fukk is up with these barber prices?

KGlock

All Star
Daps
yh not even broke and I'm reconsidering having to pay these extortionate prices. One breh said it on YouTube and he opened my eyes. All that money I'm giving my barber (who made an uptick since 21) I could be saving for motherfukking coupe or down payment on some property. :beli:

Getting them self assist cut kits and learning to fade my own shyt. I can do a passable fade but imma get serious and get them triple mirror shyts and other accessories. 2024 onwards the world will continue to find ways to drain your money. Inflation will continue to rise before it drops. So dudes gotta continue to find new ways to make passive income and save on shyt they can save on. That's how the rich get and stay rich.:yeshrug:

Having to get in line for booking or waiting ages for a barber gets tedious. Also when I used to cut my own shyt here and there in past I always feel accomplished. I say this shyt now and still end up going to a barber for convenience but it's definitely one of the goals on my list.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I can’t go to the Dominican shop. I’d be too tempted to be like “I no black, papi” just once, then get caught up when they start speaking Spanish at me.

I would start swinging on them on some Taliban shyt. Call it suicidal, but :yeshrug: that money should stay in black people's hand that are actually proud to be black

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Pandemic showed barbers that their services are valued, and that people place a HIGH priority on having a fresh cut.
If dudes were willing to risk health to go sit in a barber chair wearing a mask when most of the country was home, they will obviously pay an inflated price for a hair cut post pandemic.

But They LOSING a lot of long-time customers, chasing for superficial shyt that doesnt matter.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
But They LOSING a lot of long-time customers, chasing for superficial shyt that doesnt matter.
If people weren't willing to pay, their prices would have been adjusted.
They calculated that the amount they are charging is worth the amount of customers they may lose.

Charge much more, cut fewer heads, make more money.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cost of living has risen substantially.

a barber with a flawless run of $20 a cut, 10 cuts a day, five days a week, no holidays, is going to make $52,000 a year before taxes.

how many barbers do you know that average that?

barbers have wives, husbands, kids, parents, rent/mortgages, car payments, chair rental, food, health insurance, etc -

makes sense why prices would rise -