What is the WORST thing Marvel could do with the MCU X-men reboot?

Worst way to introduce X-men?

• Making the franchise all about Wolverine... AGAIN

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Nerfing the rest of the team... AGAIN

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Pushing wack characters like Mystique because of star power... AGAIN

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • Disrespecting the real X-men leaders (Cyclops and Storm)... AGAIN

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Overusing Magneto... AGAIN

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Bringing the Phoenix back... AGAIN

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Neglecting Gambit... AGAIN

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Messing up the timeline... AGAIN

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Making all their movies with no plan... AGAIN

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Bringing Bryan Singer and the rest of the FOX writers/directors back... AGAIN

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • Ignoring the comics altogethter... AGAIN

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Preaching equality but still killing off all the brehs... AGAIN (RIP Darwin)

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Following the modern era instead of the Chris Claremont run (1975-1991)

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Sabotaging the X-men just to prop up the Avengers

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Marvel was XMen for decades. They ran every big event, had connections to everything else and outsold everything else. They were what Avengers are now.

MCU and the Disney/Fox situation are what changed that.

once again, people talk like spider man wasnt on top

they were in their own worlds with very little overlap. outsiide of secret wars, AoA was a xmen event like heroes reborn was an avengers event. i

:russ:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wheb it comes to teams, most people like wolverine, and the rest of the team could be filled with mutant randoms. The fact that someone could say noone cares about the o5 should speak volumes, but people want to play stupid.
Yeah brehs and others always talk a good game about not enough development for for cyclops, colossus, etc; but best believe the same people will be pounding doors “where’s wolverine/magneto” if there’s a x men film without them as main characters.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah brehs and others always talk a good game about not enough development for for cyclops, colossus, etc; but best believe the same people will be pounding doors “where’s wolverine/magneto” if there’s a x men film without them as main characters.

Wolverine was never this Hollywood leading man type, he's not a leader. Too many fanboys want Logan to be bigger than the whole team just because they grew up in love with the character as kids.
The OG writers who really understood Wolverine realized that sometimes less is more.
Wolverine is NOT the Bachelor. He's an ill-tempered hothead with a psychotic streak. He's the superhero equivalent of Joe Pesci's character from Goodfellas with claws. He's Dr. Hook from Slapshot.
635933079736777411-Hook.jpg

I've long maintained that Wolverine should get the Rogue One Darth Vader treatment. He needs to be a character who rarely shows up but comes out near the end of the movie and starts murking everyone when the audience least expects it.
I wouldn't leave him out entirely, because he's too iconic, and he's a great character (even though he's overused).
Wolverine needs to be the character that gets 10 to 15 minutes screentime in the movie tops spread across several scenes like Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs. He's that side character that the movie will build suspense around. You'll be sitting there asking questions about him.
Who is this guy?
Why is everyone so shook to be around him?
Once you get to the end of the movie, you get the payoff to those answers when the audience finally sees Wolverine going off, just like Lecter in Silence of the Lambs or Vader in Rogue One.

This is how Wolverine needs to be messing people up in that X-men reboot. Don't make him the main protagonist. Less is more with his character. Let Wolverine be mysterious.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Wolverine was never this Hollywood leading man type, he's not a leader. Too many fanboys want Logan to be bigger than the whole team just because they grew up in love with the character as kids.
The OG writers who really understood Wolverine realized that sometimes less is more.
Wolverine is NOT the Bachelor. He's an ill-tempered hothead with a psychotic streak. He's the superhero equivalent of Joe Pesci's character from Goodfellas with claws. He's Dr. Hook from Slapshot.
635933079736777411-Hook.jpg

I've long maintained that Wolverine should get the Rogue One Darth Vader treatment. He needs to be a character who rarely shows up but comes out near the end of the movie and starts murking everyone when the audience least expects it.
I wouldn't leave him out entirely, because he's too iconic, and he's a great character (even though he's overused).
Wolverine needs to be the character that gets 10 to 15 minutes screentime in the movie tops spread across several scenes like Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs. He's that side character that the movie will build suspense around. You'll be sitting there asking questions about him.
Who is this guy?
Why is everyone so shook to be around him?
Once you get to the end of the movie, you get the payoff to those answers when the audience finally sees Wolverine going off, just like Lecter in Silence of the Lambs or Vader in Rogue One.

This is how Wolverine needs to be messing people up in that X-men reboot. Don't make him the main protagonist. Less is more with his character. Let Wolverine be mysterious.

thats what some people want. the savage warrior who has no problem killing anyone who gets in his way, but the character is more nuianced now, and hes better now beecause of it. turning him into a one note killing machine is a major digression.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I said nerfng the team, following modern era stuff, and sacrificing them to the Avengers.

Also, I could give or take Gambit but if you're giving Shang-Chi and the Eternals films, you can obviously do something interesting with him outside of the main movies.

Wouldn't mind a limited run with the Original 5 set in a different universe.

They're going to have to hand some more of them over to Deadpool's universe.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The worst thing they could do is the CASTING. That was a big reason the original x men movies were so trash. Horrible casting. I don't want no lightskinned ass Storm :hhh:

They need to make sure they do a good job on casting and start with the fukking 92 team from the cartoon. Literally the most iconic team of the X-Men. No way in hell Gambit shouldn't have been in the original x men movies. That was blasphemous.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
No, spider man carried marvel on his back and still continues to do so. People only care about a handfull of xmen which is why fox was able to get away with what it did in bushing the o5 and making a primary antagonist the face of the team that not even product synergy at marvel comics could make work

Nah you're wyling. In the 90s, X men was more popular than spider man. Theres a reason why X-men (2000) was brought to the big screen 1st before spider-man (2002). And When you say "handful" of X men I bet that handful is as big as a team as the current Avenger roster ; Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Professor X, Jean Grey, Beast..thats 10 off the rip that I know we're huge in the 90s

From my experience/memories the top dogs in marvel were

1. X men
2. Spiderman
3. Fantastic 4 & Dr Doom
4. Hulk

The Avengers were an afterthought, you'd see a iron man/War Machine/Thor cameo somewhere and be like ":ehh:oh yea I forgot about them". They were truly the B team

Everything was all about the X men. shyt, X men vs Street Fighter came out before Marvel vs Capcom. From TV/Videogames/comics to the first big screen adaption, X men 100% had shyt on lock

That's why so many people are excited as fukk about them finally coming home to the MCU and away from FOX. They are a big part of 90s kids childhood memories. The x men were right there with the avengers and spider man fighting Thanos during the infinity gauntlet story and we fukking missed out seeing that on the big screen.

Last edited:

Raizan

Pro
Daps
No, spider man carried marvel on his back and still continues to do so. People only care about a handfull of xmen which is why fox was able to get away with what it did in bushing the o5 and making a primary antagonist the face of the team that not even product synergy at marvel comics could make work

When Marvel was having issues in the 90's, it was the X titles that saved them. Spider-man is popular and he has remained generally consistent, but at the height of Wolverine's popularity, one could argue he was as popular if not more so than Spidey. The only reason why the mutants aren't really spoken of now is because Disney benched them cuz they didn't have the rights. I look at it like this: the other Spider-Men got a huge pop when they showed up in No Way Home...

Now imagine if Hugh Jackman as Logan had stepped through one of those portals... Dude would have gotten an ovation.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
holocaust gotta go homey.:unimpressed:

Unless they can say Magneto is immortal, ages slowly, or time traveled….. ain’t no one trynna see a barely mobile 85+ year old Magneto:picard:

I don’t care about him having grey/white hair but at minimum he should look it be around the ago of Timothy Olphant (or whatever his name is)
Could be a victim of the Bosnian Civil War.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Just keep it the same but make him the grandson of a holocaust survivor. he don't actually need to be in a concentration camp for that backstory to work.
I think it will lack the same impact. He is skeptical of humanity because he's seen up close how horrible human beings can be. That first hand trauma shaped who he is and that was one of the things he could use against Xavier. He could always hit him with the "you havent seen what I have seen. You have NO IDEA the level of cruelty humans have towards those who are different :ufdup:"

They could work Genosha into the universe too. They could make it so that he survived a genocide there and it gives him motivation to want to go back there at some point to take it over and turn it into a home for mutants. The same place that hunted and murdered them can be the one place where they're safe from humans.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I voted for these three choices. Honestly I don't think the x-men work for a tv-show due to budget reasons maybe a show for a satellite team like x-factor.
Disrespecting the real X-men leaders (Cyclops and Storm)... AGAIN

Making all their movies with no plan... AGAIN

Preaching equality but still killing off all the brehs... AGAIN (RIP Darwin)