What is the WORST thing Marvel could do with the MCU X-men reboot?

Worst way to introduce X-men?

• Making the franchise all about Wolverine... AGAIN

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Nerfing the rest of the team... AGAIN

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Pushing wack characters like Mystique because of star power... AGAIN

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • Disrespecting the real X-men leaders (Cyclops and Storm)... AGAIN

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Overusing Magneto... AGAIN

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Bringing the Phoenix back... AGAIN

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Neglecting Gambit... AGAIN

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Messing up the timeline... AGAIN

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Making all their movies with no plan... AGAIN

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Bringing Bryan Singer and the rest of the FOX writers/directors back... AGAIN

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • Ignoring the comics altogethter... AGAIN

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Preaching equality but still killing off all the brehs... AGAIN (RIP Darwin)

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Following the modern era instead of the Chris Claremont run (1975-1991)

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Sabotaging the X-men just to prop up the Avengers

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They need to stay away from Professor X, Magneto and Wolverine completely for at least the first two movies. I would even say Jean Grey also to avoid any sort of phoenix storyline which has been done to death but you can't have Cyclops around without that character. Cyclops and Storm need to be the leaders. Sinister needs to be used as a franchise villain.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They need to stay away from Professor X, Magneto and Wolverine completely for at least the first two movies. I would even say Jean Grey also to avoid any sort of phoenix storyline which has been done to death but you can't have Cyclops around without that character. Cyclops and Storm need to be the leaders. Sinister needs to be used as a franchise villain.
:dead:HOW THE HELL YOU
GONNA STAY AWAY FROM
PROFESSOR X IN THE 1ST
2 X-MEN MOVIES?

:devil:
:evil:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
GONNA STAY AWAY FROM
PROFESSOR X IN THE 1ST
2 X-MEN MOVIES?

just spitballing. Make the first two movies about mutants emerging, or just a few particular ones and their stories

End credits of the second film Charles comes out watching the news or something and saying “bring me Cerebro”

or some shyt Idk :manny:

Daps
The Phoenix arc. I do NOT want to see that again.

Do other iconic stories. Sinister lurking in the cut. Do a story that just has the xmen dealing with discrimination from humans. Make it a political thriller.

Do the story about Xaviers son. They can focus on the apocalypse archangel story.

A true Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie but make it a psychological thriller.

Do the story about Cyclops and Jean and Cable.

Do magneto removing the adamantium from Wolverines body.

So many different directions they can go down.

And for the love of God, leave mystique out of the story

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I kinda agree. Prof X needs to go, even though I understand the need for him in establishing the movies. Even in the comics, over the last 20 years, I felt they could get rid of him now. Hell, one of the best times in X-History was when he was gone from the X-Men, and Cyke was the go-to. One compromise is that Prof X is still around, but exiled from the X-Men/mutantdom.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
GONNA STAY AWAY FROM
PROFESSOR X IN THE 1ST
2 X-MEN MOVIES?

Breh believe it or not but there are X-Men stories where professor X was either killed or missing with storyline being about the fallout. They could easily do something like that where Prof X started the X-Men, then was either killed or has been missing for years. So now Cyclops and Storm lead the X-Men. He does not need to be in the initial movies.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I kinda agree. Prof X needs to go, even though I understand the need for him in establishing the movies. Even in the comics, over the last 20 years, I felt they could get rid of him now. Hell, one of the best times in X-History was when he was gone from the X-Men, and Cyke was the go-to. One compromise is that Prof X is still around, but exiled from the X-Men/mutantdom.

We’ve seen Magneto vs Prof X 6 damn times and people want the mcu to do that again? :what:

They need to completely avoid any sort of storyline/dynamic we saw in the Fox movies otherwise this “reboot” will be a complete waste of everyone’s time:hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
One compromise is that Prof X is still around, but exiled from the X-Men/mutantdom.

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-13-55-10.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-13-55-34.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-13-57-59.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-14-08-56.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-14-09-16.png

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Breh believe it or not but there are X-Men stories where professor X was either killed or missing with storyline being about the fallout. They could easily do something like that where Prof X started the X-Men, then was either killed or has been missing for years. So now Cyclops and Storm lead the X-Men. He does not need to be in the initial movies.
nikka THIS IS AN ORIGIN MOVIE
NOT A MOVIE WITH AN ESTABLISHED CREW.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I keep seeing people suggest like..an actual reboot, more like a re-tread of your standard issue X-men storylines and I don't think that's where we're going to get.

You take an adaptation of HOX/POX storyline for e X-men 97, have Moira as a varient in the main-timeline where mutants (deviants) already exist and that explains where they been at and why. Cast for live action versions of the cartoon rather than have a new magneto/prof x, wolverine ect.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
nikka THIS IS AN ORIGIN MOVIE
NOT A MOVIE WITH AN ESTABLISHED CREW.

Breh according to who? :dwillhuh:

There's no reason why the MCU X-Men can't already be established and up running like MCU Spider-Man and The Eternals. Hell even the first X-MEN movie did this.

We already have an X-MEN origin movie. It's called X-MEN: First Class. Why would Marvel make that movie all over again? :what:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Really simple, have the x-men with that original Claremont and Byrne team with gambit and rouge included. Don’t make Magento the main villain have them dealing with mastermold and the sentinels. Show magneto in the end credits in the savage zone with the brotherhood of mutants. If you are going to use mystique keep her a damn villain. Magneto has to be a holocaust survivor it is fundamental to his character, unless you make him a survivor of the Bosnian wars and he witnessed his peoples genocide which is doable. Showcase all of the mutants abilities and personalities don’t focus too much on wolverine, let him have his own movie with sabertooth or alpha flight being the main villains. Professor X should be a prominent background figure but the primary focus should be on the team. The school shouldn’t be full of students. Just the new mutants and then spin them off with a movie about them rescuing psylocke. If you want to do a dark Phoenix movie, do the Phoenix saga first expand galactic marvel with the introduction of the shair and you will need at least three movies to do as you need a movie completely unrelated that shows the influence of masterminds on Jean. Don’t tie storm into wakanda. She is an x-men first and foremost.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-13-55-10.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-13-55-34.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-13-57-59.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-14-08-56.png

Screenshot-2022-02-18-at-14-09-16.png
More like this
cyclops-boots-professor-x-out-of-the-x-men.jpg

We’ve seen Magneto vs Prof X 6 damn times and people want the mcu to do that again? :what:

They need to completely avoid any sort of storyline/dynamic we saw in the Fox movies otherwise this “reboot” will be a complete waste of everyone’s time:hubie:

I'm against him included at all, but no matter how I view it, that's all casuals know..especially after 7 movies. They're not gonna have an X-Men movie without Prof X. Or you can say they won't have one without Magneto, which of course brings in Prof X by default.

I keep seeing people suggest like..an actual reboot, more like a re-tread of your standard issue X-men storylines and I don't think that's where we're going to get.

You take an adaptation of HOX/POX storyline for e X-men 97, have Moira as a varient in the main-timeline where mutants (deviants) already exist and that explains where they been at and why. Cast for live action versions of the cartoon rather than have a new magneto/prof x, wolverine ect.

I still think Decimation, Endangered Species & Messiah Complex is the best storyline...set Messiah Complex on the heels of the second snap. Mutants have been reduced to let's say thousand all over the world, no new mutant discovered in 20 years. After the second snap, a handful of mutants are discovered, and the first mutant baby is born...one that is instantly identified. The remaining X-Men set out to find the new mutants and the baby. Cyke, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Bishop, Jubilee & Boom Boom. Or some combination...8-12 members, so you can always split into teams.

Friends of Humanity would be excellent, led by Graydon Creed and whoever else you want to throw in. They set out to kill or at least use extreme prejudice tactics against mutants, and some want to kill the baby. For a formidable foe, the Friends of Humanity get Sentinels built.

Last edited:

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Breh according to who? :dwillhuh:

There's no reason why the MCU X-Men can't already be established and up running like MCU Spider-Man and The Eternals. Hell even the first X-MEN movie did this.

We already have an X-MEN origin movie. It's called X-MEN: First Class. Why would Marvel make that movie all over again? :what:
That would work if it hasn’t been established that Shield/Hydra had a watch list, with even freaking Dr Strange on it and he wasn’t even all that active yet. You think Hydra would have just let Mutants slip by without establishing them as a threat to wipe out? The Eternals worked because they hadn’t been active for centuries. Spider-Man was just starting out so made sense, but the X Men are a group of people with obvious displayed powers they have to be introduced smartly. And first Class was a horrible X- Men origin I hope they wipe that shyt from existence, worst first time ever. Just bring in either the OG 5 or go big and do the Giant Size team.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
More like this
cyclops-boots-professor-x-out-of-the-x-men.jpg

I'm against him included at all, but no matter how I view it, that's all casuals know..especially after 7 movies. They're not gonna have an X-Men movie without Prof X. Or you can say they won't have one without Magneto, which of course brings in Prof X by default.

I still think Decimation, Endangered Species & Messiah Complex is the best storyline...set Messiah Complex on the heels of the second snap. Mutants have been reduced to let's say thousand all over the world, no new mutant discovered in 20 years. After the second snap, a handful of mutants are discovered, and the first mutant baby is born...one that is instantly identified. The remaining X-Men set out to find the new mutants and the baby. Cyke, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Bishop, Jubilee & Boom Boom. Or some combination...8-12 members, so you can always split into teams.

Friends of Humanity would be excellent, led by Graydon Creed and whoever else you want to throw in. They set out to kill or at least use extreme prejudice tactics against mutants, and some want to kill the baby. For a formidable foe, the Friends of Humanity get Sentinels built.

How you going to do those stories if the X-Men are just introduced?
Terrible idea