What is the WORST thing Marvel could do with the MCU X-men reboot?

Worst way to introduce X-men?

• Making the franchise all about Wolverine... AGAIN

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Nerfing the rest of the team... AGAIN

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Pushing wack characters like Mystique because of star power... AGAIN

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • Disrespecting the real X-men leaders (Cyclops and Storm)... AGAIN

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Overusing Magneto... AGAIN

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Bringing the Phoenix back... AGAIN

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Neglecting Gambit... AGAIN

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Messing up the timeline... AGAIN

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Making all their movies with no plan... AGAIN

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Bringing Bryan Singer and the rest of the FOX writers/directors back... AGAIN

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • Ignoring the comics altogethter... AGAIN

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Preaching equality but still killing off all the brehs... AGAIN (RIP Darwin)

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Following the modern era instead of the Chris Claremont run (1975-1991)

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Sabotaging the X-men just to prop up the Avengers

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nah you're wyling. In the 90s, X men was more popular than spider man. Theres a reason why X-men (2000) was brought to the big screen 1st before spider-man (2002). When you say "handful" of X men I bet that handful is as big as a team as the current Avenger roster ; Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Professor X, Jean Grey, Beast..thats 10 off the rip that I know we're huge in the 90s

From my experience/memories the top dogs in marvel were

1. X men
2. Spiderman
3. Fantastic 4 & Dr Doom
4. Hulk I guess, but he was nowhere near F4. Honestly Silver Surfer mightve been more popular than hulk at this point.

The Avengers were an afterthought, you'd see a iron man/thor cameo somewhere and be like ":ehh:oh yea I forgot about them". They were truly the B team

Everything was all about the X men. shyt, X men vs Street Fighter came out before Marvel vs Capcom. From TV/Videogames/comics to the first big screen adaption, X men 100% had shyt on lock

That's why so many people are excited as fukk about them finally coming home to the MCU and away from FOX. They are a big part of 90s kids childhood memories

naw. they werent. peter parker was a household name by the time the xmen started to pop. unlike the fantastic four, spider man never rely fell off. books, two live action tv shows both here and in japan(wont even talk about his influence there) a multitude of cartoons and video games and even balloons in the macys parade. shyt spider man helped to make iceman more popular than any xmen series ever did in the same way deadpool did for colossus. theres a reason that marvel only sold the movie rights when it came to spider man but gave up everything but comic publishing rights when it came to the xmen.

When Marvel was having issues in the 90's, it was the X titles that saved them. Spider-man is popular and he has remained generally consistent, but at the height of Wolverine's popularity, one could argue he was as popular if not more so than Spidey. The only reason why the mutants aren't really spoken of now is because Disney benched them cuz they didn't have the rights. I look at it like this: the other Spider-Men got a huge pop when they showed up in No Way Home...

Now imagine if Hugh Jackman as Logan had stepped through one of those portals... Dude would have gotten an ovation.

youre making my point. wolverine is bigger than the xmen brand and has been for a long time

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
holocaust gotta go homey.:unimpressed:

Unless they can say Magneto is immortal, ages slowly, or time traveled….. ain’t no one trynna see a barely mobile 85+ year old Magneto:picard:

I don’t care about him having grey/white hair but at minimum he should look it be around the ago of Timothy Olphant (or whatever his name is)

Ages slower is the path of least resistance... and you can make it as slow or as fast as the story dictates. The Holocaust backstory HAS to stay, it is Magneto's core motivation.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
But not holocaust….. gonna have to figure some shyt out……. They gotta be more modern

I know all these characters started in the 50s/60s

But Cap about the only can stay relatively close to his canon story line

That's BS. They can keep Magneto as a Holocaust survivor. It doesn't have to be that modern. He's always been old AF...you don't need an explanation for that. Hell, a simple "how old are you exactly?" with a chuckle. Doesn't need too much thought.

I think the worst thing is the wrong mix of characters, and the wrong character to lead of that crop.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats what some people want. the savage warrior who has no problem killing anyone who gets in his way, but the character is more nuianced now, and hes better now beecause of it. turning him into a one note killing machine is a major digression.

Point taken. The Frank Miller Wolverine miniseries era might be a happy medium for Logan. He was a one-note savage killer and a cynical jerk when he was first introduced, but over time he mellowed out, matured, and slowly learned more about honor as the series progresses. He works best as a character who’s torn between his bestial nature and his human side. He does his best to be this noble warrior, but he still has his Rogue One Vader moments when he snaps and loses himself.

The Frank Miller Wolverine miniseries was dope because you saw that character development and how far he had come from the old days, but he hadn’t yet turned into the overpowered Gary Stu version of Wolverine who was obviously being written by his fanboys. Showing up on every team in the Marvel universe, etc.

They should definitely show more mutants that do not look normal and lean into the discrimination that mutants face. Do not make it so superhero-y. The 90s cartoon gave the blueprint

This is why Nightcrawler needs to be a major character. It’s a real shame that the Blue and Gold teams didn’t include him. Nightcrawler and Colossus should have been main characters in the 90s animated series.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Straight up tie between mystique and phoenix. :patrice:

Worst outcome - focusing on mystique
Most pointless outcome - phoenix arc AGAIN
Most likely outcome - nerfing the xmen to prop up the avengers (which bendis absolutely did in the 00s)

To be fair every character has been nerfed in some way shape or form in the MCU to this point.

I think they will definitely do their best to differentiate them from the Avengers, probably placing more emphasis on the school aspect of them

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah brehs and others always talk a good game about not enough development for for cyclops, colossus, etc; but best believe the same people will be pounding doors “where’s wolverine/magneto” if there’s a x men film without them as main characters.

This is the big reset point though, this is an opportunity to create a new superstar amongst the X-Men. If they go with the original 5 and nail them then the kids will be latching onto a new character instead (tbh the most interesting of the original 5 is Iceman so it would likely be him unless they go super hard with the LGBT shyt)

This is a chance for them to throw everything we know about the X-Men away and start anew, so I doubt people will be pounding doors as much as you think.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Nah you're wyling. In the 90s, X men was more popular than spider man. Theres a reason why X-men (2000) was brought to the big screen 1st before spider-man (2002). And When you say "handful" of X men I bet that handful is as big as a team as the current Avenger roster ; Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Professor X, Jean Grey, Beast..thats 10 off the rip that I know we're huge in the 90s

From my experience/memories the top dogs in marvel were

1. X men
2. Spiderman
3. Fantastic 4 & Dr Doom
4. Hulk

The Avengers were an afterthought, you'd see a iron man/War Machine/Thor cameo somewhere and be like ":ehh:oh yea I forgot about them". They were truly the B team

Everything was all about the X men. shyt, X men vs Street Fighter came out before Marvel vs Capcom. From TV/Videogames/comics to the first big screen adaption, X men 100% had shyt on lock

That's why so many people are excited as fukk about them finally coming home to the MCU and away from FOX. They are a big part of 90s kids childhood memories. The x men were right there with the avengers and spider man fighting Thanos during the infinity gauntlet story and we fukking missed out seeing that on the big screen.

3 & 4 is interchangeable but pretty much accurate nonetheless. :ehh:

Nobody was running after Captain America and Thor.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Could be a victim of the Bosnian Civil War.

That definitely could work

Ages slower is the path of least resistance... and you can make it as slow or as fast as the story dictates. The Holocaust backstory HAS to stay, it is Magneto's core motivation.

That's BS. They can keep Magneto as a Holocaust survivor. It doesn't have to be that modern. He's always been old AF...you don't need an explanation for that. Hell, a simple "how old are you exactly?" with a chuckle. Doesn't need too much thought.

I think the worst thing is the wrong mix of characters, and the wrong character to lead of that crop.

Ok maybe age slower then..... just nobody better call it "lazy writing" and I never minded him being older , Like they can find an actor in decent shape around 46-52 and die his hair white. I just dont want a Magneto over the age of 70

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
-The whole Magneto age thing only needs to be 10 seconds long.

Random character: He doesn't look old enough to be a holocaust survivor.
Xavier: He was experimented on during captivity. It altered his DNA so he ages slowly.
Random character: Who did it?
Xavier: It's a long story & we have to focus on (whatever else they're doing).

-Never bring it up again since it's not that important. If you feel the need to actually address it later blame it on Mr. Sinister.