What is the big deal about Breaking Bad?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My issue with you and others in regards to this show is that it would be hard pressed for any of you to criticize the show let alone to acknowledge any criticism giving by others that may be giving an objective opinion of the show. Again I think its a great show, but there are some glaring issues with the show IMO that I feel a lot of people just overlook primarily because.....

And the same shyt happened in the last "GOT" thread....so I don't get your point. The sole complaint I had was I wasn't feeling how they handled a certain character....I can't get too specific due to spoilers....and people lost their minds and acted like I compared "GOT" to "Homeboys from Outerspace". So nah, generally speaking, fans don't take too kindly to "objective" criticism.

And how objective is the criticism if the very first sentence is promoting another show?

More to the point here, you cats are basically asking me to respond to criticism that you see, as if I see it too. I obviously don't see it. And no offense to the thread starter, but in any other thread "Lydia's legs is one of the few things I like" would be seen as some borderline troll shyt. Imagine if I said one of the few highlights of "GOT" was seeing Melisandre naked....it wouldn't even get a serious response. Yet people are in here like "nah son, let him talk, respect his opinion!" :wtf:

Fred.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
when did you start watching?

usually you see these types of complaints from people who start a show after its already over and they've heard so much hype about it that they start the show with either disbelief or expectations that are not realistic. same shyt happened after the sopranos and even the wire to a lessor extent.

but it sounds like the show just isnt for you :manny: especially if one of your biggest takesaways from the series was lydia's legs.
I just finished watching seasons 3-5 for a second time. I originally watched it in 2012 and '13. I never watch shows twice but I felt I was missing out on something on this one. After a second go around, I can understand top 10-15, but GOAT? I don't see it. Maybe I can't identify with the suburban loner motif of the show. I appreciate Cranston's stellar acting and I think a lot of grown men can relate to his sense of regret and failure with his life and not being able to provide for his family like he wants to....every man takes pride in that, I get it. But outside of his acting, the rest was meh. I personally found Jesse's constant ups and downs annoying even though he did win some awards like hex mentioned. Also for a drama, I never felt much suspense or any moments that really shocked me.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
And the same shyt happened in the last "GOT" thread....so I don't get your point. The sole complaint I had was I wasn't feeling how they handled a certain character....I can't get too specific due to spoilers....and people lost their minds and acted like I compared "GOT" to "Homeboys from Outerspace". So nah, generally speaking, fans don't take too kindly to "objective" criticism.

And how objective is the criticism if the very first sentence is promoting another show?

More to the point here, you cats are basically asking me to respond to criticism that you see, as if I see it too. I obviously don't see it. And no offense to the thread starter, but in any other thread "Lydia's legs is one of the few things I like" would be seen as some borderline troll shyt. Imagine if I said one of the few highlights of "GOT" was seeing Melisandre naked....it wouldn't even get a serious response. Yet people are in here like "nah son, let him talk, respect his opinion!" :wtf:

Fred.

I feel where you are coming from, and my post are necessarily in support of the original OP. I thought Breaking Bad was a great show that really took off for me after season 2. I have some issues with the show though but that's neither here nor there. I think GoT is a great show also, but it too has its issues, and I believe I know which character you are referring to, as I think we share that sentiment.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Nah....I'm definitely not trying to hear any complaints about this show when the entire thread is hinged on "GOT is better", and the people that work on it don't even agree.

I don't understand you "GOT" fans though....you should be praising the fukk out of "BB". G.R.R. Martin himself said it inspired him to write. So when you finally get that next book, be thankful "BB" even exists.

Fred.
Actually I sort of regret putting that in the OP b/c you're focusing too much on that instead of answering my question in the thread title. OTHER THAN Cranston's acting, what about show makes it the goat in your opinion? I don't care about awards (which outside of Cranston they haven't won that many Emmys/GGs) or what humble GOT writers/actors say about the show.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

I already explained that, in the most straight forward way possible. The writing, acting, cinematography, pacing, comedy, drama....hell, the entire package. Again, if you disagree, or he disagrees, there isn't a combination of words that will make you :ohhh:and see where I'm coming from. It's a waste of time. Likewise, I think "GOT" is a cool show, but I wouldn't place it anywhere near "BB", "The Wire", or "The Sopranos"....it's not even the best show currently airing IMO. The difference is I'm not gonna sit here and ask you why it's so great to you, because I don't care.

I said "if you prefer GOT or TD, ok cool" and you cats are still in attack mode demanding I explain my stance. I've already explained my stance in the season 5A and 5B "BB" threads on this board....in literally thousands of words.

Fred.

That's vague as hell. He gave you specific examples of areas he found the show to be lacking in and he continues to do so. If you aren't going to engage the argument, don't just come in the thread to stan around and derail the discussion.

You would fail grade six English with the reasons you listed above.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I can't identify with the suburban loner motif of the show.

:snoop:

C'mon son. That's like saying I like the "Sopranos" so obviously I'm a mob boss. Or I can't fukk with "Hannibal" because I'm not a serial killer. Everyone from real life drug dealers to singers to actors to rappers to athletes to suburbanites to a literal billionaire fukk with "BB". The finale had 10 million viewers, this ain't a niche show that a certain kind of person likes.

I respect your opinion, but some of the shyt you're saying is just :what: and makes it hard to respond seriously.

Fred.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I just finished watching seasons 3-5 for a second time. I originally watched it in 2012 and '13. I never watch shows twice but I felt I was missing out on something on this one. After a second go around, I can understand top 10-15, but GOAT? I don't see it. Maybe I can't identify with the suburban loner motif of the show. I appreciate Cranston's stellar acting and I think a lot of grown men can relate to his sense of regret and failure with his life and not being able to provide for his family like he wants to....every man takes pride in that, I get it. But outside of his acting, the rest was meh. I personally found Jesse's constant ups and downs annoying even though he did win some awards like hex mentioned. Also for a drama, I never felt much suspense or any moments that really shocked me.
Jesse Pinkman is lowkey one of the worst characters ever. Horrible. He was responsible for more deaths than Walt when u realize he was responsible for ole girl dying and her pops going crazy.

I see @hexagram23 is doing his BB :cape:like old times :sas2:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's vague as hell. He gave you specific examples of areas he found the show to be lacking in and he continues to do so. If you aren't going to engage the argument, don't just come in the thread to stan around and derail the discussion.

You would fail grade six English with the reasons you listed above.

I don't even understand how you cats follow "GOT" with the logic on display here.

Again....you cats are basically asking me to respond to criticism that you see, as if I see it too. I obviously don't see it. So what am I supposed to say that is gonna make this guy see the show how I do?

Do you dudes not understand it's ok to have different opinions?

Ok....let's do this. I don't see why people rate "GOT" so highly. Make me see it.

That's basically what you're saying. It's impossible. But do it though!

And I've already explained virtually anything you'd want to know, in the 2 "BB" threads on this board. Went into detail about the subtle character clues, foreshadowing....cinematography cues people might've missed....the shifting color pallet/shadows of the show....broke down individual scenes, piece by piece....in literally thousands of words. In graphic detail. So "respond to the specific complaints he has" is :heh: as hell.

How about you go read the 1000+ posts I already did on virtually any "BB" related topic you'd want to discuss? We got a search function here.

Fred.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't even understand how you cats follow "GOT" with the logic on display here.

Again....you cats are basically asking me to respond to criticism that you see, as if I see it too. I obviously don't see it. So what am I supposed to say that is gonna make this guy see the show how I do?

Do you dudes not understand it's ok to have different opinions?

Ok....let's do this. I don't see why people rate "GOT" so highly. Make me see it.

That's basically what you're saying. It's impossible. But do it though!

And I've already explained virtually anything you'd want to know, in the 2 "BB" threads on this board. Went into detail about the subtle character clues, foreshadowing....cinematography cues people might've missed....the shifting color pallet/shadows of the show....broke down individual scenes, piece by piece....in literally thousands of words. In graphic detail. So "respond to the specific complaints he has" is :heh: as hell.

How about you go read the 1000+ posts I already did on virtually any "BB" related topic you'd want to discuss? We got a search function here.

Fred.

Okay then, why not just direct him to the search function with your first response? If you're not going to engage an argument because you think you have already beat that horse to death don't engage the argument. Stay out of it. Don't derail it with endless appeals to authority and other meaningless bullshyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Okay then, why not just direct him to the search function with your first response? If you're not going to engage an argument because you think you have already beat that horse to death don't engage the argument. Stay out of it. Don't derail it with endless appeals to authority and other meaningless bullshyt.

Who are you to tell me to stay out of threads and don't engage a discussion? fukk outta here. :camby:

And I took him as a troll, so I responded as such. He highlighted "Lydia's legs" as a plus for fukk's sake, why would I take that seriously?

Fred.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who are you to tell me to stay out of threads and don't engage a discussion? fukk outta here. :camby:

And I took him as a troll, so I responded as such. He highlighted "Lydia's legs" as a plus for fukk's sake, why would I take that seriously?

Fred.

You're losing it, dude.

1. He listed reasons he didn't like breaking bad
2. You responded with some amateur appeals to authority
3. You were encouraged to engage his points instead of trying to distract from them
4. You said you already covered it all and didn't feel like it talking about it anymore
5. I said, if that's the case you should probably leave the thread

If you are going to be a troll and derail threads with over the top stanning you probably shouldn't be a mod :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're losing it, dude.

1. He listed reasons he didn't like breaking bad

Yes....the reasons he didn't like it.

the constant coughing throughout the first two seasons gave me migraines, Skylar and Marie are two of the biggest bytches in television history....Walt Jr. changing his name to Flynn was retarded....did I mention Marie is a noisy little bytch

Brilliant analysis. If he did that in the "GOT" thread people would call for a ban. He would get slaughtered.

But no, since it's "BB" it's fine. But I'm the stan here. :heh:

All due respect....I'm not here for your acceptance. I don't give a fukk how you feel about what I post. Nor do I sit here like :lupe: "let me analyze Food Mane's posts, and nitpick when I think he's being redundant, or not being a good poster". Because....again....I don't give a fukk. Post whatever the hell you want.

So you can put me on Ignore, or you can just flat out not read/respond to my posts. Or, if you feel it's that deep, appeal to @cook, but I doubt it'll go the way you want, so :yeshrug:

Fred.

cook

Banned
Daps
Yes....the reasons he didn't like it.

Brilliant analysis. If he did that in the "GOT" thread people would call for a ban. He would get slaughtered.

But no, since it's "BB" it's fine. But I'm the stan here. :heh:

All due respect....I'm not here for your acceptance. I don't give a fukk how you feel about what I post. Nor do I sit here like :lupe: "let me analyze Food Mane's posts, and nitpick when I think he's being redundant, or not being a good poster". Because....again....I don't give a fukk. Post whatever the hell you want.

So you can put me on Ignore, or you can just flat out not read/respond to my posts. Or, if you feel it's that deep, appeal to @cook, but I doubt it'll go the way you want, so :yeshrug:

Fred.

i dont really understand whats being requested here...

how can you engage these examples? how is someone supposed to talk another person into liking a show they dont like or counter their personal opinions?

how can someone debate another persons preference? OP didnt like the acting of certain characters. okay...thats his opinion, even though its a widely unpopular one, what are you going to type to address that? OP thinks skylar is a bytch....okay, of course she is. thats like someone starting an anti GOT thread and saying cersei is a bytch so the show sucks.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i dont really understand whats being requested here...

how can you engage these examples? how is someone supposed to talk another person into liking a show they dont like or counter their personal opinions?

how can someone debate another persons preference? OP didnt like the acting of certain characters. okay...thats his opinion, even though its a widely unpopular one, what are you going to type to address that? OP thinks skylar is a bytch....okay, of course she is. thats like someone starting an anti GOT thread and saying cersei is a bytch so the show sucks.

I'm saying!

The funniest shyt is the same people saying "nah son....nah....ADDRESS HIS COMPLAINTS!" would lose their fukking mind if these same complaints were applied to "GOT", or any other show. If I came in there like "the direwolves barking gave me a head ache" or "Joffrey is annoying, show loses points for that"....could you even imagine the backlash?

I'm gonna lock this thread because @Food Mane is right, shyt has been spinning it's wheels for a few pages. If you prefer "GOT", watch that. If you prefer "BB", watch that. If @dtownreppin214 wants to know more about "BB", check the two threads for season 5.

EDIT:

And for the record, if you want to make threads about how "BB" ain't all that, or you don't like it, or think XYZ is better....go for it. Anybody. But when one of the owners of the site is like :patrice:"this conversation is kinda pointless"....then yeah it's time to wrap it up.

Fred.

Last edited: