What is the big deal about Breaking Bad?

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
I can't believe some people consider this show better than GOT. The dialogue is average with the exception of a few scenes, the constant coughing throughout the first two seasons gave me migraines, Skylar and Marie are two of the biggest bytches in television history, it's been awhile since I've seen worse acting than the actors that played Skinny P/Badger/Combo/Andrea/Jane/Gretchen, Walt Jr. changing his name to Flynn was retarded, the scene when Skyler walked into the pool was :yawn:, did I mention Marie is a noisy little bytch? The only thing I liked about the show was Walt's evolution into a madman, "Crawl Space", the actors that played Mike and Saul, Lydia's legs, and the phone call in the 2nd to last episode when Walt puts his naggy wife in her place.
Co sign 1000
Most over rated show, fukking hipsters eat this show up
I fukking hate hipsters

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Co sign 1000
I fukking hate hipsters
Breh, nobody gave a fukk about this show until like 2 yrs ago. I never heard anyone talk about BB until the hipster cac crowd starting biging it up.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh, nobody gave a fukk about this show until like 2 yrs ago. I never heard anyone talk about BB until the hipster cac crowd starting biging it up.

:stopitslime:

I know you posted on SOHH, and the season 4 thread was one of the biggest ones on the entire site, any forum. And that was at least 3 years ago.

Attempt to rewrite history when the thread isn't going your way, brehs.

And :mjlol:at playing the cac card to defend a series of fantasy novels based on medieval European customs and culture.

game-of-thrones-3.10-mhysa-worship.png

:camby:

Fred.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breaking Bad is fukking amazing. I wanted to wait a while after the finale to give it some time away from the hype, before I placed it on a pedestal. Its been about a year now, and I have no hesitation in saying its one of the best shows ever made. Top 3 for me.

GoT is my personal favorite show, but thats because I'm a sucker for the story, character, and genre. I don't have a problem saying BB might be a better overall show breaking it down category by category. Gotta see how GoT plays out and how it ends. It has the gift and the curse of being based on established source material.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:stopitslime:

I know you posted on SOHH, and the season 4 thread was one of the biggest ones on the entire site, any forum. And that was at least 3 years ago.

Attempt to rewrite history when the thread isn't going your way, brehs.

And :mjlol:at playing the cac card to defend a series of fantasy novels based on medieval European customs and culture.

game-of-thrones-3.10-mhysa-worship.png

:camby:

Fred.
:dwillhuh:

Im getting daps and cosigns in here. if someone made a similar thread about GOT, they'd be laughed off the site....maybe 1 or 2 trolls would cosign them.

But that's beside the point, I don't want to make this a debate about BB vs. GOT. I just want to know specifically what you guys see in this show to make it the goat?

Do we not agree that the first few seasons were slow/boring?

Do we not agree that there was a shytload of subpar acting from a lot of the secondary characters?

Were there any tear jerker moments like Eddard Stark getting killed in front of his kids? Were there any spine tingling moments like RC walking thru Carcosa? Anything completely out of left field like the Red Wedding? Is the musical score anywhere near TD? When Brock was in the hospital, I felt nothing. You know why? They did a terrible job developing that chemistry btw Jesse/Brock/Andrea. So a huge part of the show and reason why Jesse snapped, yet I am left feeling disconnected from it all. Cranston was amazing yet there are too many other flaws with the show to consider it anywhere near GOAT.

As for the easter eggs, I don't really consider them that....they're more just symbolic images (2 face, knife, etc.) and most of them were on the surface, nothing that was too in depth or made me think.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Co sign 1000
I fukking hate hipsters

Pretty evident that neither of you has any idea what a hipster even is.

Best show of all time.

Thread creating privileges should be stripped for a month
SHOULD be? You're a staff member, what are you waiting for?

giphy.gif

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I've been meaning to watch the first four, but the 5th was so good I had to spoiler that shyt

The last episode was fukking amazing and should've been longer than 1 hour

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

Im getting daps and cosigns in here. if someone made a similar thread about GOT, they'd be laughed off the site....maybe 1 or 2 trolls would cosign them.

But that's beside the point, I don't want to make this a debate about BB vs. GOT. I just want to know specifically what you guys see in this show to make it the goat?

Do we not agree that the first few seasons were slow/boring?

Do we not agree that there was a shytload of subpar acting from a lot of the secondary characters?

Were there any tear jerker moments like Eddard Stark getting killed in front of his kids? Were there any spine tingling moments like RC walking thru Carcosa? Anything completely out of left field like the Red Wedding? Is the musical score anywhere near TD? When Brock was in the hospital, I felt nothing. You know why? They did a terrible job developing that chemistry btw Jesse/Brock/Andrea. So a huge part of the show and reason why Jesse snapped, yet I am left feeling disconnected from it all. Cranston was amazing yet there are too many other flaws with the show to consider it anywhere near GOAT.

So am I....what's your point? :what:

Breh....again....you're watching this show in a vacuum with "GoT" stans gassing you up. So let's cut the bullshyt out. There isn't a single topic on this board that will receive unanimous acceptance or ridicule. Again, people have said "skip The Wire season 2, 3 and/or 5", and had multiple people agree and/or Dap them. So that ultimately means nothing. The internet is a big place, you will find someone to agree with you no matter what you say. The problem is you're trying to assign some kind of deeper meaning to that.

Yes, "BB" has a ton of moments that were received with as much gravity and :wow: as anything you mentioned from "GoT". You know how I know? Because I was in the threads when it happened. Including virtually everything you're complaining about, or feel disconnected from. The deaths, the cinematography, the character arcs, the music, etc.

All that shyt landed, for millions of people. And critics. And award shows.

And the people behind the shows you're claiming are better.

That's why this thread is so comical. You're asking me "what from BB is as :wow: as GoT?" when I've quoted people from "GoT" telling you they watch "BB" how you watch "GoT". Including the author of the books.

I'm not sure what you expect here. I'm not going to convince you "BB" is superior any more than you're going to convince me "GoT" is superior. Opinions aside, "BB" is vastly more critically acclaimed, so it's :dwillhuh: to see you act like criticizing this show is justified because a few people Dapped you on a message board.

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hold up a sec.... @dtownreppin214 I just noticed you said you liked it when Walt put "his nagging wife in her place". Why did you like that? :lupe:

Fred.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing I didn't like was the overly dramatic extended yelling matches that happened from time 2 time, I think another poster said somethin
similar. BB is still #3 all time though IMO :win: