What is the big deal about Breaking Bad?

cook

Banned
Daps
I'm saying!

The funniest shyt is the same people saying "nah son....nah....ADDRESS HIS COMPLAINTS!" would lose their fukking mind if these same complaints were applied to "GOT", or any other show. If I came in there like "the direwolves barking gave me a head ache" or "Joffrey is annoying, show loses points for that"....could you even imagine the backlash?

I'm gonna lock this thread because @Food Mane is right, shyt has been spinning it's wheels for a few pages. If you prefer "GOT", watch that. If you prefer "BB", watch that. If @dtownreppin214 wants to know more about "BB", check the two threads for season 5.

Fred.

im gonna open it back up for a little, just to be preempt the "biased and stanning" complaints that are sure to come. if people want to discuss this topic maturely then fine, but if it gets into personal attacks like its been headed for recently then feel free to close it back up.

@dtownreppin214 is my breh but honestly theres a lot of flame bait in the OP sohh lets not act like this thread got derailed by stans when it started off the way it did.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

DopeMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Where the hood Where the hood Where the hood at
I can't believe some people consider this show better than GOT. The dialogue is average with the exception of a few scenes, the constant coughing throughout the first two seasons gave me migraines, Skylar and Marie are two of the biggest bytches in television history, it's been awhile since I've seen worse acting than the actors that played Skinny P/Badger/Combo/Andrea/Jane/Gretchen, Walt Jr. changing his name to Flynn was retarded, the scene when Skyler walked into the pool was :yawn:, did I mention Marie is a noisy little bytch? The only thing I liked about the show was Walt's evolution into a madman, "Crawl Space", the actors that played Mike and Saul, Lydia's legs, and the phone call in the 2nd to last episode when Walt puts his naggy wife in her place.

Dont let these fukk boys confuse you.

GOT>>>>>BB

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Game of Thrones gets worse every season while Breaking Bad only improved.
Breaking Bad has better writing.
More classic episodes and moments.
More classic story arcs.
Is better in literally every category.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Oh good, another one of those things where stupid people get together and agree that some popular thing they arent capable of appreciating is overrated.

Noted :yawn:

Best post of the thread.
The worst Film Room threads (or Booth threads for that matter) are proclaiming something is overrated and asking what they are "missing"? Has anyone been able to successfully change an OP's mind with these type of threads? :heh:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
As someone who used to sell drugs...and hang around people who sold drugs...i could never get into the show...just in the first 3 episodes I found myself saying "He'd be dead if he did that...He'd be dead if he did that...his family would be dead if he did that." Outside of the DEA stuff, the drug angle of the show...which is a major part of the show...is so far off...yet somehow it seems to me that they actually tried to make it realistic...

Also, I invariably end up comparing this show to the wire...and to me, the wires worst season ( season 2 ) is better than whatever breaking bad's best season is...

Cranston was masterful in this...Paul was entertaining in this...but after that...nah

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
As someone who used to sell drugs...and hang around people who sold drugs...i could never get into the show...just in the first 3 episodes I found myself saying "He'd be dead if he did that...He'd be dead if he did that...his family would be dead if he did that." Outside of the DEA stuff, the drug angle of the show...which is a major part of the show...is so far off...yet somehow it seems to me that they actually tried to make it realistic...

Also, I invariably end up comparing this show to the wire...and to me, the wires worst season ( season 2 ) is better than whatever breaking bad's best season is...

Cranston was masterful in this...Paul was entertaining in this...but after that...nah

I got tired of WW getting lucky every other episode
Hank was Dexter police force awful at times
I hated and still hate Jessie. Awful character
Gus's character and story was amazing though
The 5th season was complete nonsense.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I got tired of WW getting lucky every other episode
Hank was Dexter police force awful at times
I hated and still hate Jessie. Awful character
Gus's character and story was amazing though
The 5th season was complete nonsense.
So because you hate Jesse he was an awful character? You gotta give more than that.
And Hank was always making moves on his own cases and putting in hard work, he almost got Walt at the beginning of season 3 and almost took down Gus before he was blew up.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
More classic story arcs.

:why:Can you please explain this, because I couldn't disagree more..
And as far as the topic goes, @hexagram23 y'all do go crazy when someone talks bad about BB shyt even my boys damn near cussed me out for not thinking it's goat.. So don't act like you are just expressing your opinion when y'all be talking down to anyone who doesn't like it the way you do.. The show was good the last 3 seasons, but due to the first 2 being slow and boring due to lack of anything exciting happening I can't say it's top 5.. Also the majority if the characters bring terrible because everytime they were on screen I cringed at how annoying they were, I mean Walters family were unbearable.. So add another person to the even tho I liked the last few seasons I do think the show is a bit overrated list..

Daps
More classic story arcs.

4 > 1 > 3 > 2

So, nah, that's blatantly false.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

shyt got worse over time too, scenes like the "say my name" scene were so corny and goofy, they wanted you to be like :gladbron: but it was unconvincing. This show had some horror movie mute serial killers as villains at one point:wtb:. Sopranos and The Wire were a lot more believable and easier to take seriously.

Jesse wasn't a bad characer imo, he was a decent character that could've been great. There are a lot of dudes like Jesse Pinkman that exist that haven't really been covered on major TV/movies and BB did a good job of showing how his type is at times, but they made him too much of the moral center of the show in the last couple seasons to keep a "good guy" and as a plot device (throwing money out of his car, that is so stupid it disqualifies BB from GOAT writing. Hexagram or whoever can explain his motivation and say "therefore his actions make sense" but that would never fukking happen).

BB's finale was ass too, now that time has passed we should be able to admit it.