What is the big deal about Breaking Bad?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
look in the mirror OP
f2AQi.gif
:demonic:
Why go halfway :shaq:

ibegqwSDk7lBMx.gif

i agree with you op doe

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last edited:

Miracle Violence

Animal Instinct
Daps
I like Breaking Bad a lot and still find it wildly overrated. It has some masterfully built suspense and one blow away acting performance, but that isn't enough for me to put it in the same league as HBO's best stuff. The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, etc. all outclass BrBa IMO.

I do like it better than Game of Thrones, though that really comes down to preference of genre.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like Breaking Bad a lot and still find it wildly overrated. It has some masterfully built suspense and one blow away acting performance, but that isn't enough for me to put it in the same league as HBO's best stuff. The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, etc. all outclass BrBa IMO.

I do like it better than Game of Thrones, though that really comes down to preference of genre.
Preference, yeah.
But not one of those shows has any actor who gave a better performance than Bryan Cranston.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I can't believe some people consider this show better than GOT. The dialogue is average with the exception of a few scenes, the constant coughing throughout the first two seasons gave me migraines, Skylar and Marie are two of the biggest bytches in television history, it's been awhile since I've seen worse acting than the actors that played Skinny P/Badger/Combo/Andrea/Jane/Gretchen, Walt Jr. changing his name to Flynn was retarded, the scene when Skyler walked into the pool was :yawn:, did I mention Marie is a noisy little bytch? The only thing I liked about the show was Walt's evolution into a madman, "Crawl Space", the actors that played Mike and Saul, Lydia's legs, and the phone call in the 2nd to last episode when Walt puts his naggy wife in her place.

I shytted on the Skylar character from day 1....that still didn't stop the show from being dat pure uncut :banderas:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
seems like a lot of people agree. ::ehh:

you'd think the GOAT show would have unanimous appreciation.

@hexagram23 what exactly about the show makes it great....maybe I'm missing something.

It's the internet, nothing is unanimous.

This is the same board that routinely tells people to skip multiple seasons of "The Wire", so I would take people agreeing with you with a grain of salt.

And like I said, even the people that make "GoT" would hit you with the :what:

If we're going off critical acclaim alone, awards, shyt like that, "BB" blows "GoT" out of the water. It wouldn't even be fair, which is why I'm trying to keep this as neutral as possible.

As far as what makes it so good....If you prefer "GoT" or "TD" :yeshrug: there's no combination of words that's gonna make you :ohhh:and change your opinion. I will say this, I guarantee there's a ton of shyt you missed in this show. Especially if you think "TD" had more easter eggs. I read that shyt like :heh: and I'm a huge fan of "TD", which had easter eggs with no real connection to the story, on some "Lost" shyt. Specifically the whole "yellow king" tangent. Hell, there was probably more easter eggs and symbolism in "Ozymandias" alone, than all 8 eps of "TD".

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game of Thrones is superior to Breaking Bad. And I find it funny how you graze over the fact the creators of GOT praise THE WIRE as well :sas1:

GOT has the chance to go down as the greatest series of all time. Depending how the ending turns out.

Still THE WIRE is the number 1 series of all time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Game of Thrones is superior to Breaking Bad. And I find it funny how you graze over the fact the creators of GOT praise THE WIRE as well :sas1:

GOT has the chance to go down as the greatest series of all time. Depending how the ending turns out.

Still THE WIRE is the number 1 series of all time.

Graze over it? The only reason anybody in this thread would even know that is because I quoted them saying it. :mjlol:

And for the record my #1 is "BB" and "The Wire", so I agree with them.

Fred.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Oh good, another one of those things where stupid people get together and agree that some popular thing they arent capable of appreciating is overrated.

Noted :yawn: