What is the big deal about Breaking Bad?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Hold up a sec.... @dtownreppin214 I just noticed you said you liked it when Walt put "his nagging wife in her place". Why did you like that? :lupe:

Fred.
i love how he was able to get that shyt off his chest while at the same time protecting his family. it showed off his intelligence one more time yet i think he was also letting out some built up emotion about feeling underappreciated by her.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I honestly consider breaking bad the most over rated show.

The first 2 seasons were pretty meh.

Most of the characters were unlikeable and felt very shallow. Theirs no real depth to the show. Some of the plot lines were bordering on absurd. It was too conveniently written. I will say seasons 4&5 were entertaining as hell first viewing but the show has zero replayability since it relies so heavily on tension.

Mad men, the wire, sopranos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

cook

Banned
Daps
I can't believe some people consider this show better than GOT. The dialogue is average with the exception of a few scenes, the constant coughing throughout the first two seasons gave me migraines, Skylar and Marie are two of the biggest bytches in television history, it's been awhile since I've seen worse acting than the actors that played Skinny P/Badger/Combo/Andrea/Jane/Gretchen, Walt Jr. changing his name to Flynn was retarded, the scene when Skyler walked into the pool was :yawn:, did I mention Marie is a noisy little bytch? The only thing I liked about the show was Walt's evolution into a madman, "Crawl Space", the actors that played Mike and Saul, Lydia's legs, and the phone call in the 2nd to last episode when Walt puts his naggy wife in her place.

when did you start watching?

usually you see these types of complaints from people who start a show after its already over and they've heard so much hype about it that they start the show with either disbelief or expectations that are not realistic. same shyt happened after the sopranos and even the wire to a lessor extent.

but it sounds like the show just isnt for you :manny: especially if one of your biggest takesaways from the series was lydia's legs.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Top 10-15 show IMO but to some degree I still feel like its overrated by some. There are valid arguments against this show, that have been stated in this very thread, but they will go ignored because of all the acclaim the show has gotten and apparently because the GoT brigade loves the show.

Also there is no point in arguing with @hexagram23 about this show. It's a losing battle.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of you breaking bad fans in here are avoiding this man's questions like the plague. None of so far have answered why you think it is a great show. Don't post tweets saying it's the greatest, don't post metacritic scores. If you love the show so much you should be able to succinctly tell us why.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Season 3 and 4 with Gus was dopeness. The last season was the most overrated pile of sh1t in the history of film and television. Horrible. Jesse Pinkman was a fukking bish.

Now the 1st ep of the 2nd part of the last season was :wow:

Show just wasn't as consistent as The Wire or Sopranos.

Last edited:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the few shows where I can name at least ten classic episodes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Top 10-15 show IMO but to some degree I still feel like its overrated by some. There are valid arguments against this show, that have been stated in this very thread, but they will go ignored because of all the acclaim the show has gotten and apparently because the GoT brigade loves the show.

Also there is no point in arguing with @hexagram23 about this show. It's a losing battle.

Nah....I'm definitely not trying to hear any complaints about this show when the entire thread is hinged on "GOT is better", and the people that work on it don't even agree.

I don't understand you "GOT" fans though....you should be praising the fukk out of "BB". G.R.R. Martin himself said it inspired him to write. So when you finally get that next book, be thankful "BB" even exists.

Fred.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Nah....I'm definitely not trying to hear any complaints about this show when the entire thread is hinged on "GOT is better", and the people that work on it don't even agree.

I don't understand you "GOT" fans though....you should be praising the fukk out of "BB". G.R.R. Martin himself said it inspired him to write. So when you finally get that next book, be thankful "BB" even exists.

Fred.

My issue with you and others in regards to this show is that it would be hard pressed for any of you to criticize the show let alone to acknowledge any criticism giving by others that may be giving an objective opinion of the show. Again I think its a great show, but there are some glaring issues with the show IMO that I feel a lot of people just overlook primarily because of the performance of Cranston. But you have to consider some show watchers weren't really big fans of Walter, so the performance of Cranston for them, doesn't really over shadow all the other issues with the show.

And I'm not a pure GoT fan, avi was just to rep the set....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All of you breaking bad fans in here are avoiding this man's questions like the plague. None of so far have answered why you think it is a great show. Don't post tweets saying it's the greatest, don't post metacritic scores. If you love the show so much you should be able to succinctly tell us why.

:what:

I already explained that, in the most straight forward way possible. The writing, acting, cinematography, pacing, comedy, drama....hell, the entire package. Again, if you disagree, or he disagrees, there isn't a combination of words that will make you :ohhh:and see where I'm coming from. It's a waste of time. Likewise, I think "GOT" is a cool show, but I wouldn't place it anywhere near "BB", "The Wire", or "The Sopranos"....it's not even the best show currently airing IMO. The difference is I'm not gonna sit here and ask you why it's so great to you, because I don't care.

I said "if you prefer GOT or TD, ok cool" and you cats are still in attack mode demanding I explain my stance. I've already explained my stance in the season 5A and 5B "BB" threads on this board....in literally thousands of words.

Fred.