What Game Should Naughty Dog Make Next?

What game should Naughty Dog focus on for the PS5?

• The Last of Us Part 3

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Uncharted 5

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • New IP

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • Jak 4

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
maybe that's a hint of the type of universe they will be focusing on next
if they do make a futuristic sci fi action adventure game, it can't just be people and aleins with guns in space
I hope they come up with a lot of imaginative future technology/universe ideas for the game that have a large impact on game play and shows off the power of the SSD
Really hope they do something else, a space game sounds generic

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
reaching again. They dont own crash anymore and i CLEARLY stated from PS4-6 if they drop 1 game in 3 diff genres. TLOU isnt a horror game.
You were talking about them being a one trick pony but they've made a figher
hqdefault.jpg

then Crash(platformer), Crash racing, Jak and Jak 2+3 became GTA like.

Uncharted and now TLOU. They've made a wide range of games. Them not owning crash is irrelevant as that's not the focus.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:mjlol: Capcom and Rockstar have more franchises and are more diverse:gucci:

Rockstar - Open World is known as their niche just like you say about ND :ld:

Capcom is more publisher/developer meaning they have different studios within that develop the individual games. Those individual studios are more similar in class to ND.

For Capcom overall you'd need to compare them more to Sony Interactive which has more than just ND.

But Rockstar is no different than ND.

Kairi Irving

Daps
You were talking about them being a one trick pony but they've made a figher
hqdefault.jpg

then Crash(platformer), Crash racing, Jak and Jak 2+3 became GTA like.

Uncharted and now TLOU. They've made a wide range of games. Them not owning crash is irrelevant as that's not the focus.
how many of their franchises still owned by them and still active? lol. Capcom got Resident Evil and Dead Rising (Horror), Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and Rival Schools (Fighting), DMC (Hack n Slash), many more i cant remember and just like Rockstar THEY STILL OWN THOSE GAMES / HAVE AN ACTIVE LICENSE. Naughty Dog isnt in the same situation with crash or that fighting game:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Kairi Irving

Daps
Rockstar - Open World is known as their niche just like you say about ND :ld:

Capcom is more publisher/developer meaning they have different studios within that develop the individual games. Those individual studios are more similar in class to ND.

For Capcom overall you'd need to compare them more to Sony Interactive which has more than just ND.

But Rockstar is no different than ND.
Rockstar has more franchises and can make both open world and linear games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how many of their franchises still owned by them and still active? lol. Capcom got Resident Evil and Dead Rising (Horror), Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and Rival Schools (Fighting), DMC (Hack n Slash), many more i cant remember and just like Rockstar THEY STILL OWN THOSE GAMES / HAVE AN ACTIVE LICENSE. Naughty Dog isnt in the same situation with crash or that fighting game:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
U trolling :troll:
You said they was a 1 trick pony, people showed the games they developed and you switch it up to franchises they own and are still active. Either way the next game won't be Uncharted as they said they are done with Drake's story and the co-pres said it's unlikely.
“I would say that Naughty Dog doing an Uncharted after this is unlikely,” studio co-president Evan Wells told Game Informer. “I would never say never, but we've got The Last of Us Part 2 on our plates and there's so much other stuff that [we want to explore].”

They can't make a new TLOU Part 3 right after so they'll most likely be making a brand new IP.

Kairi Irving

Daps
U trolling :troll:
You said they was a 1 trick pony, people showed the games they developed and you switch it up to franchises they own and are still active. Either way the next game won't be Uncharted as they said they are done with Drake's story and the co-pres said it's unlikely.

They can't make a new TLOU Part 3 right after so they'll most likely be making a brand new IP.
Dudes brung up games from generations ago, a completely different Naughty Dog. They only HAVE 3 FRANCHISES RIGHT NOW. if they drop a TLOU3 i'll excuse it, but Uncharted 5? lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dudes brung up games from generations ago, a completely different Naughty Dog. They only HAVE 3 FRANCHISES RIGHT NOW. if they drop a TLOU3 i'll excuse it, but Uncharted 5? lol
So? :troll:

1 Trick pony would be a studio like The Coalition. In six years they've only made three games from the same franchise with one game being a remaster.
Naughty Dog in six years(2007~2013) made 4 new games, one of them being a new franchise.

Definition of one-trick pony. : one that is skilled in only one area also : one that has success only once.
UC2, 3,4, TLL TLOU and obviously TLOU 2 were VERY successful.

So they made a platformer, post apocalyptic thriller/horror game and an action packed action adventure title.

That's more than two tricks breh :troll:

Kairi Irving

Daps
So? :troll:

1 Trick pony would be a studio like The Coalition. In six years they've only made three games from the same franchise with one game being a remaster.
Naughty Dog in six years(2007~2013) made 4 new games, one of them being a new franchise.

So they made a platformer, post apocalyptic thriller/horror game and an action packed action adventure title. That's three tricks man :troll:
they still not up there with CapGOAT or GOATSTAR:yeshrug: i'll let you cook.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they still not up there with CapGOAT or GOATSTAR:yeshrug: i'll let you cook.
:umad: lol.

Capcom got close to three thousand employees compared to Naughty Dog having only 459 employees. Rockstar got over two thousand employees too.

That's the only reason why they haven't made as much games as Capcom or Rockstar.
This is like comparing Cash Money records to Def Jam and comparing them off of how many albums they dropped when one is way bigger than the other.
I'll let u cook though :yeshrug:

Kairi Irving

Daps
:umad: lol.

Capcom got close to three thousand employees compared to Naughty Dog having only 459 employees. Rockstar got over two thousand employees too.

That's the only reason why they haven't made as much games as Capcom or Rockstar.
This is like comparing Cash Money records to Def Jam and comparing them off of how many albums they dropped when one is way bigger than the other.
I'll let u cook though :yeshrug:
Excuses:mjlol::umad: