What Game Should Naughty Dog Make Next?

What game should Naughty Dog focus on for the PS5?

• The Last of Us Part 3

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Uncharted 5

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • New IP

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • Jak 4

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
I recently beat TLOU: Part 2 and now I can't sleep lol
I predict ND's next game will be TLOU: Part 3
3 or 4 years is enough time for a studio like ND to make an AAA title
So I predict TLOU: Part 3 will release late 2023

1) The game broke records and is the fastest selling Playstation exclusive of all time, selling 4 mil in 3 days

2) Building on 1), Sony and ND and Sony's shareholders are going to want to see a sequel ASAP
if the game continues to sell fast. If it reaches double digits in a couple of months or by the end of this year, and nears 15+ mil next year, they will definitely pressure ND

3) Sony and ND's shareholders are going to want to take advantage of the hype around TLOU HBO show. ND releasing TLOU Part 3 7 years from now might miss the peak hype of the show . I would't mind waiting 7 years if it takes that long for the game to be AAA but if ND can release TLOU Part 3 within the next 3 years they should do it. That's if the story and gameplay are not sacrificed. If they are, they won't release it until the end of next gen. Unlike Part 1 which felt like a stand alone game that didn't need a sequel, I can't imagine waiting another 7 years for Part 3. I really want to see ND turn TLOU into a semi linear set piece adventure game like the first 2 but with some RPG open world elements.

Part 3 is the perfect time to do it I expect it to be Children of Men themed. Have obvious transitionary set piece areas/moments that pushes the story forward but also have multiple alternate encounters and set piece/story moments that give you a different experience every play through

Going through one city vs. the other or choosing to pursue one individual or another, etc.
Part 3 building on the open linear gameplay of Part 2 combined with open world RPG elements would be perfect e.g. hunting, traveling (wandering through the USA), going to different countries, etc.

Last edited:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Jak 4 would be so damn piff