What ended Jay Z and Jaz-O's friendship?

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Jay-Z don't owe Jaz-O nothing and I say that as someone that usually shyts on Jay-Z. You a grown man. Another nikka don't owe you shyt. Jaz-O didn't do nothing for Jay's career. He had him in a bunch of corny videos. If anything, it's a stain on Jay-Z's career to be seen in those videos. Jay paid back the love by gifting him a $300,000 contract at a time when nobody gave a fukk about Jaz-O and he said no because he wanted more money and wanted to be partners despite not building Rocafella from the beginning nor putting any money into Rocafella :gucci: If Jaz-O had talent, then why didn't his career pop off afterward. He could've found another label, made mixtapes, dropped albums and big singles without Jay-Z. Or if he had a business mind, he could've slipped behind the scenes on some Michael Bivins shyt and scouted talent......so. what happened? Nothing. If you 40 years old talking about what another nikka didn't do for you and that's why your life is in shambles, then you got problems. And this applies to a much larger context than rap but, life in general.

I didn't say Jay-z owed Jaz anything but from Jaz perspective all he wanted was some of the love he gave Jay back. He got offered a deal and didn't like the numbers and guess what? Went to another label and got a better offer. And Jay came through and did a verse for his album. All Jaz wanted was for Jay to show up to the video and show some love back. It's obvious that even after Jaz rejected the deal they were still friends cause Jay did the verse for his album. It wasn't until he stopped answering calls and let his assistants answer the phones or kept saying his was unavailable is when the beef started. I dunno how y'all were raised but if you look out for ya mans and when you were poppin you took ya mans out on yours and gave him verse and appearances in ya videos there is a certain respect that has to be paid. And in jay defense: he probably felt he did that by making Jigga what a single, and extending his hand with the contract. But come on? Not answering the phone? To ya mentor? Not showing up to a video to help cats from your hood and show love? But let me guess its all about Maybachs and Beyoncé and Jaz being bitter huh? I guess I just don't understand

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
He aight with me it's just that most of his fans are obnoxious because he is rich. I'm from Brooklyn son. But my favorite rapper is nas and I use to get mad flack for not liking Jay because I'm not living vicariously through his success like he has most of black America. The way blacks worship him and Beyoncé is disgusting

Hov is my favorite but I feel you on the Black Success shyt. nikkas be hollin' 'bout "We cakin'. We eatin'. " I just be like "I'm not :heh: "

But I feel you. I'm happy for all of our brothas and sistas who make it out the struggle, but no way in hell do I claim it as my own. shyt is so unmanly.

Millz

The Art of Disrespecting
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
I didn't say Jay-z owed Jaz anything but from Jaz perspective all he wanted was some of the love he gave Jay back. He got offered a deal and didn't like the numbers and guess what? Went to another label and got a better offer. And Jay came through and did a verse for his album. All Jaz wanted was for Jay to show up to the video and show some love back. It's obvious that even after Jaz rejected the deal they were still friends cause Jay did the verse for his album. It wasn't until he stopped answering calls and let his assistants answer the phones or kept saying his was unavailable is when the beef started. I dunno how y'all were raised but if you look out for ya mans and when you were poppin you took ya mans out on yours and gave him verse and appearances in ya videos there is a certain respect that has to be paid. And in jay defense: he probably felt he did that by making Jigga what a single, and extending his hand with the contract. But come on? Not answering the phone? To ya mentor? Not showing up to a video to help cats from your hood and show love? But let me guess its all about Maybachs and Beyoncé and Jaz being bitter huh? I guess I just don't understand

Jaz??!??

brick james

John piffington
Daps
He aight with me it's just that most of his fans are obnoxious because he is rich. I'm from Brooklyn son. But my favorite rapper is nas and I use to get mad flack for not liking Jay because I'm not living vicariously through his success like he has most of black America. The way blacks worship him and Beyoncé is disgusting

Oh did you catch a lot of flack? Did people make fun of you in the school yard? :mjcry: I'm sorry brothet

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I wish I could find the magazine but Source or XXL did a 10 yr or 15 year celebration for Reasonable Doubt and they caught up with Jaz and he talked about the deal and how he rushed his verse for Bring It On becuz he didn't really wanna be on it. The fire was lit way back then.

It seems that Jaz wanted to show superiority over Dame, Biggs, and Hov becuz he was the big dog as far as rap was concerned.

I always thought Jaz had the best verse on Bring it On. I don't think Jaz really fukked with Sauce like that though.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Jaz seems like a bytch and got mad that Jay offered him a deal instead of a piece of Roc-a-fella.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
then how come Large Professor and Nas never had beef with that logic.

Yep...

Large never acted like Nas owed him shyt, that's why. Large didn't get tight when Nas wasn't workin' with him anymore, Large was still good w/ Nas, even after Nas' career took off. And eventually, they worked together again and are still cool today.

Jaz probably refused to be OK with bein' seen as Jay-Z's homie, cause Jay was once Jaz's homie... everyone says that. Sauce Money never signed with Roc either, and he and Jay are still cool, cause he probably accepts that he made that choice. Jaz made the choice not to sign with Roc and kinda resents the fact that Jay kept rollin' without him.