What ended Jay Z and Jaz-O's friendship?

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
What I've concluded is that Jaz was the big bro and put Jay on. Then Jay got hot (with his own money I will add not like he was dependent on Jaz) and as time went by and Jaz started to fade Jay didn't do much to really put him on now.

It had to either be Jaz was lazy in the studio or Jay-Z knew he wouldn't be able to blow in the late 90s and didn't even try to make him a star. I mean Jaz killed Originators and nikkas still weren't looking for a Jaz album.

Still a ho move by Jay unless there's a more personal angle. How do you deny food to the hand that once fed you?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What I've concluded is that Jaz was the big bro and put Jay on. Then Jay got hot (with his own money I will add not like he was dependent on Jaz) and as time went by and Jaz started to fade Jay didn't do much to really put him on now.

It had to either be Jaz was lazy in the studio or Jay-Z knew he wouldn't be able to blow in the late 90s and didn't even try to make him a star. I mean Jaz killed Originators and nikkas still weren't looking for a Jaz album.

Still a ho move by Jay unless there's a more personal angle. How do you deny food to the hand that once fed you?
nikka you juat said a possibility was jaz being lazy, that aint hov denying the hand that fed em, you even acknowledged hov started the Roc with his own money and we all know he was hustlin so how much was Jaz really feeding him?

He offered him a deal and he turnt it down, at that point all the L's that followed are 100% on Jaz, hov walked that horse to the river.....

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This gets brought up all the time and people still not talking about jay helping jaz a lot

The cult jaz was in Jay went and got him set him up in a really nice apt and jaz selling all the furniture to the cult

Jaz wanting to be a full partner of the ROC with no money down and more than the 300k advance to join the roc

Jaz pumping nas full of information

And listen to sauce money episode of combat jack will tell you all you need to know about what jaz was doing

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
in, dont know what ended it or why they started riffin, but i do know he turned down a roc contract and was laughing at jay in the source over the nas beef also the whole roc camp went at jaz o

freeway - called him 40 and broke. he also made a diss record back where he revealed jay shot his brother.
Its ova is one of the greatest diss records ever made.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Jay-z dikk riding in here. I'm no a big fan of Jaz but I copped that cd and it wasn't half bad. Preemo laced them with some fire fire beats and they ripped them to shreds. Look up "The Love Is Gone".

Anyways I suppose jaz felt a way because Jay was hoping from rapper to rapper and Jaz put him under the wing. Gotta remember Jay was a Big Daddy kane underling. It wasn't always Maybachs and Beyoncés and owning .000000000000000000000000000001% of the nets to brag about. Jaz took that nikka on tours, had him on songs especially when Jay was being a fu-shinkens clone with his flow and no one was fukking with it.

The final straw came when Jaz tried to call jay for something and he couldn't get a direct line to jay. He got the number to the secretary and they kept putting him on hold or hanging up on him or saying jay wasn't available. He felt disrespected that he couldn't even speak to jay over phone. It's like you grow up with ya mans and he makes it and now, you can't even holla at him just to show up to the video.

Y'all make it seem like Jaz begged for a deal. They offered him something, he went with something else and got his album released. All he wanted was Jay to come to the video shoot which was in Marcy his own hood and show love. But jay was becoming euro hov at the moment. Jaz was a good rapper and I won't stand for all this oh he bitter at jay slander bullshyt because y'all slobber his nuts and be god father to his twins.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I wish I could find the magazine but Source or XXL did a 10 yr or 15 year celebration for Reasonable Doubt and they caught up with Jaz and he talked about the deal and how he rushed his verse for Bring It On becuz he didn't really wanna be on it. The fire was lit way back then.

It seems that Jaz wanted to show superiority over Dame, Biggs, and Hov becuz he was the big dog as far as rap was concerned.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Jay-z dikk riding in here. I'm no a big fan of Jaz but I copped that cd and it wasn't half bad. Preemo laced them with some fire fire beats and they ripped them to shreds. Look up "The Love Is Gone".

Anyways I suppose jaz felt a way because Jay was hoping from rapper to rapper and Jaz put him under the wing. Gotta remember Jay was a Big Daddy kane underling. It wasn't always Maybachs and Beyoncés and owning .000000000000000000000000000001% of the nets to brag about. Jaz took that nikka on tours, had him on songs especially when Jay was being a fu-shinkens clone with his flow and no one was fukking with it.

The final straw came when Jaz tried to call jay for something and he couldn't get a direct line to jay. He got the number to the secretary and they kept putting him on hold or hanging up on him or saying jay wasn't available. He felt disrespected that he couldn't even speak to jay over phone. It's like you grow up with ya mans and he makes it and now, you can't even holla at him just to show up to the video.

Y'all make it seem like Jaz begged for a deal. They offered him something, he went with something else and got his album released. All he wanted was Jay to come to the video shoot which was in Marcy his own hood and show love. But jay was becoming euro hov at the moment. Jaz was a good rapper and I won't stand for all this oh he bitter at jay slander bullshyt because y'all slobber his nuts and be god father to his twins.

You obviously don't like Hov. :heh:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
You obviously don't like Hov. :heh:

He aight with me it's just that most of his fans are obnoxious because he is rich. I'm from Brooklyn son. But my favorite rapper is nas and I use to get mad flack for not liking Jay because I'm not living vicariously through his success like he has most of black America. The way blacks worship him and Beyoncé is disgusting