What does Mona Scott the founder of media takeout and the founder shade room all have in common?

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
You'd be surprised what folks discuss among OUR OWN people.
AAs, unfortunately, are VERY VISUAL.
Anybody who looks like us, we embrace on some idiot shyt.
80s nikkas were smart. They beat up/killed/removed "funny nikkas" for funny shyt, like "yardmon" showing up in Detroit/Philly/DC to take over...them nikkas gone now.
:bustback:
racism....toward black....

that how they got the white people to hate their felllow american...

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Not one AADoS own this site. Cook European and Brooklyn from the Islands.

Go to allhiphop, Chuck got African heritage

Go to other Black sites, you likely to see an African or Islander runnin it. You go to Harlem in 1920s, Islanders was running most businesses during the renaissance. Too many brehs talk out of their ass without doing the research.

You could go to one poster in here site by I don't think the context is what yall nikkas on average fukk with.

Go to Mediafakeout, African
Wshh, Haitian
Most IG blogs, African

You better get up on game G

Most nikkas can't even run a barbershop properly, you want to run major websites. How Sway? nikkas running businesses like Bibby and shyt. fukk outta here nikka. Brehs talented af but don't start with the pompous shyt. If you out here breaking your back to make a dollar, I fukk with you but this, why you here, I smack the taste out cha mouth you chapped miscreant
:jbhmm:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
So what do y’all think of Marcus Garvey? Because according to some of y’all he had no right to lead let alone address black Americans yet all the black activists y’all love got their blueprint from him
Marcus garvey's ideology is a fusion of several AA scholars/thinkers

So nah try again fam

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I wasn’t born in the 1970s but you are the first person to say that there were barley any Jamaicans in the Bronx in the 1970s.

West Indians have been in NYC since the 1920s and Jamaicans have been in the Bronx since the 1960s.

So yes your mom sounds like she talking out of spite moreso than reality.

And your Caribbean migration story is off. It might be true about Brooklyn but Jamaicans in particular migrated to the Bronx heavy which is why more then half of the Caribbean people in the Bronx are Jamaican alone which is the opposite from Brooklyn where the Caribbean community is diverse!

Btw Jamaicans in the Bronx didn’t just go straight to Wakefield. Wakefield and Eastchester were hoods they went through since a lot of West Indians end up purchasing homes.

Back in the bad days of the Bronx there were plenty of Jamaicans in the south Bronx and I know plenty of Jamaicans in the north Bronx who lived in the south Bronx when they were children and moved up north!

they were there but in small numbers to point where their culture didn't permeate...Infact, Cuban and Puerto Rican culture was more mainstream in NY than any West Indian culture in the same time period.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
racism....toward black....

that how they got the white people to hate their felllow american...
Are you a fool?
"racism toward black"
The CIA was helping foreign black people spread more poison and violence in black neighborhoods under the guise of "immigration", after these same folks destabilized a black gov't in a black country.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Or the Jamaican that resided in new York that started hip hop:sas2:

A Salute To James Brown – The Godfather of Hip-Hop

So let us take a minute to recognize and realize just why James Brown is the alpha and omega of this hip-hop shyt….

Various hack music historians have drawn connections of their own to the origins of hip-hop music, but this is clearly a case where academia can get stuck to far up it’s own ass. Steven Hagar got the answer straight from the horse’s mouth in his ground-breaking 1984 book, Hip Hop: The Illustrated History of Break Dancing, Rap Music, and Graffiti:

.Many critics have drawn parallels between the development of rap and reggae, a connection that is denied by Kool HercJamaican toasting?” said Herc. “Naw, naw. No connection there. I couldn’t play reggae in the Bronx. People wouldn’t accept it. The inspiration for rap is James Brown and the album Hustler’s Convention.”

Not only was JB the inspiration for the music, but his legendary moves also played a large part in the development of breakdancing:

“There was no such thing as b-boys when we arrived, but Herc gave us that tag. Just like he named his sound system the Herculords and he called me and my brother the ****** Twins. He called his dancers the b-boys.” Despite their age, Keith and Kevin soon established themselves as the premier performers at Herc’s parties. “When we danced, we always had a crowd around us,” said Keith. “We wore Pro-Keds, double-knit pants, windbreakers, and hats we called ‘crushers.’ One of us would always have the hat on backwards and we both had straws in our mouth.” During the week, the twins spent hours working on new routines, inventing steps that would amaze the crowd. “James Brown had a lot to do with it,” explained Kevin, “because he used to do splits and slide across the floor.”

But just what exactly is it about Mr. Brown’s music that is so essential to rap? Lifelong fan Pete Rock, who’s nickname and short-lived Soul Brother record imprint were both modeled after JB, also agrees that without James Brown, hip-hop music as we know it would not exist:

“He’s been an influence to everyone. He’s the reason for hip-hop music – period! That’s it! He was it! He created ‘Boom! Bap!’ He created that! He made that. James Brown is definitely the creator of hip-hop because he’s the creator of “the one” and the snare hit, and the one and the two. “On the one” – that was important to him, and he wanted people to know how that’s done and what he was listening to in his head. I have the DVD where he breaks it down how he figured out how to make the drum beat! He figured it out. It’s ill, man. I love watching that DVD. It’s called Soul Survivor.

Pete even goes as far as to imply that the Godfather of Soul may have passed on some of his genius to him in person:

“I met James Brown when I was seven years old. My mom took me to a concert in Mt. Vernon, New York. He came and performed and me and my younger brother met him. My younger brother was six and I was seven and we met James Brown. It was crazy! When we met him I think he passed something on to me. I wasn’t the same after I met him. I went to his funeral – just standing there, lookin’ at him for a good hour. I was standing right next to his casket.”

Not only did James Brown inspire Kool Herc to create hip-hop, invent the “Boom! Bap!” drum rhythm and inspire break dancing, he’s also provided a wealth of breaks and samples that continue to drive great rap to this day. And yet where is due? No James Brown? No Prince or Michael Jackson (and definitely no Justin Timberlake or Pharrell). And, even more importantly, no “Rebel Without A Pause.”

A Salute To James Brown – The Godfather of Hip-Hop

lVNxPUL.jpg

Im positive Herc knew that dude was a Southern rooted USA American but the books kept saying he was Jamaican and that he brought Jamaican Toasting to the states and created rap:stopitslime::martin:

from 2006

Coke La Rock's real name is G.S., I just spent over an hour interviewing him. I am Steve Hager, and I was the first journalist to write about hip hop, and, apparently, I just became the first person to do an in-depth interview with Coke La Rock. First, the info about being from Jamaica is total garbage, his parents are from North Carolina. I tried to clean this up because I am inducting Coke into the Counterculture Hall of Fame this November in Amsterdam, an event I created. I will post a youtube video tomorrow on my site, www.youtube.com/templedragon420, and you can hear Coke in his own voice dispell all the rumour and disinfo that has been spread about him. He never recorded a song, but he did lay down the foundation for hip hop lyrics, just like Kool Herc laid down the foundation for hip hop music. Please don't mess with my changes again. I am a professional journalist and have only posted these corrections because I care about the true history of hip hop. I know the real pioneers, and I reject all the lyineers who are spreading false stories about the early days of the culture. I tried three times to post the link to the page that verifies the changes I have made, but a bot keeps eliminating it:

Talk:Coke La Rock - Wikipedia

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Are you a fool?
"racism toward black"
The CIA was helping foreign black people spread more poison and violence in black neighborhoods under the guise of "immigration", after these same folks destabilized a black gov't in a black country.

why do you even believe that? why did'nt this happen here in canada? including me.. were a big bunch of black immigrants...

you think AA had it good before those immigrants??

you think you went though a civil war because of the other blacks?

you have the same view as the poor whites.. use someone else as a stepping stone so your dont feel all the way inferior.

i dont even think AA fukk with media fake out or world star like that anymore.. pretty sure instagram is the new go to "site"

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
well herc jamaican... so it goes back full circle for biggie

no full circle. herc didn't start hiphop and the real facts about herc

Of course in most cases that would be true but In this case when you're Americanized and operating under another dominant culture/influence, whatever culture your parents came from, ceases to exist. In this case, Herc was playing Afam music, using Afram slang, Afram dressing styles etc...so that's why he didn't exude anything distinctly Jamaican in what he was doing.

:jbhmm:

ovmJA8A.jpg

5hC8Hr0.jpg

his friends couldn't tell he was Jamaican...I wonder why?:skip::pachaha:

jHDOQMy.jpg