What does Mona Scott the founder of media takeout and the founder shade room all have in common?

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
no full circle. herc didn't start hiphop and the real facts about herc

:jbhmm:

ovmJA8A.jpg

5hC8Hr0.jpg

his friends couldn't tell he was Jamaican...I wonder why?:skip::pachaha:

jHDOQMy.jpg
he still jamaican...still took the culture from his country....but ask other black and we simply call it.."black culture"

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
he still jamaican...

correct a jamaican that wasn't being jamaican at all

still took the culture from his country....

soul and funk is the culture of jamaica?

but ask other black and we simply call it.."black culture"

he was operating in and around BLACK AMERICAN culture. No one was listening to west indian music, not even the actual west indian americans

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
correct a jamaican that wasn't being jamaican at all

soul and funk is the culture of jamaica?

he was operating in and around BLACK AMERICAN culture. No one was listening to west indian music, not even the actual west indian americans

i understand your pooit.....BUT
he didnt create soul or funk music... he created the basis for hip hop out of soul and funk music...

hip hop itself is the art we are talking about here.. i guess to be fair we can call it the art of recycling... cuz it use to be made with using pre made music. but still.. he laid the foundatioin for something biggie used to become a legend...

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
i understand your pooit.....BUT
he didnt create soul or funk music... he created the basis for hip hop out of soul and funk music...

hip hop itself is the art we are talking about here.. i guess to be fair we can call it the art of recycling... cuz it use to be made with using pre made music. but still.. he laid the foundatioin for something biggie used to become a legend...

herc/jamaica invented breakbeats?

herc/jamaica invented rapping?

her/jamaica created 2 turntable/ 2 record mixing-djing?

xbdjsYp.jpg

herc/jamaica, invented jazz flow/phrasing?

Revealed: Notorious BIG's secret jazz education

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
na....other way around homey. Garvey got his blue print from aframs. These are some of the aframs who gave him a style to run with

Alexander_Crummel.jpg

Alexander Crummell

126019-004-29B82CEA.jpg

Booker T. Washington

dun264.jpg

Henry McNeal Turner

Y2LKv7O.jpg

Martin Delany

Woodson-Lewis.jpg

Lewis Woodson.

+

garvey was in:ahh: of aframs and we gave him a style to run with:leon:

:sas2:

Marcus garvey's ideology is a fusion of several AA scholars/thinkers

So nah try again fam

Very true. But it was Garvey who had the biggest influence on Malcolm.

I’m trying to understand the premise of this thread though. Is it that Jamaican/Haitian Americans need to stop having an elitist/condescending attitudes toward African Americans and show more respect? (which I wholeheartedly agree with) or is it that they need to stay out of the black American struggle completely? Because the latter seems to go against the global black solidarity that Pan Africanism calls for, which I thought y’all were proponents of.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk nikkas in here wit all this barking whole time they got African American culture all in they avis.:dead:

nikkas literally have CB4 in they shyt tryna talk down, you are CB4 Love Boat watching ass nikkas tryna talk down:dead:

Cannot make this shyt up:dead:you nikkas lives revolve around US.

We are your fathers nikka

Lmao you got jokes. Dead Mike wanted to go back to Africa though :mjgrin:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Very true. But it was Garvey who had the biggest influence on Malcolm.

by the time malcolm came along, he didn't know the names of all the aframs from the early to late 19th century that influenced Garvey and other Afram contemporaries of the early 20th century. He didn't realize Garvey was rehashing shyt that he himself picked up from Afroamericans.

I’m trying to understand the premise of this thread though. Is it that Jamaican/Haitian Americans need to stop having an elitist/condescending attitudes toward African Americans and show more respect? (which I wholeheartedly agree with)

I think the OP was basically stating that many of these black fukery sites/blogs seem to mainly be ran by black foreigners

or is it that they need to stay out of the black American struggle completely? Because the latter seems to go against the global black solidarity that Pan Africanism calls for, which I thought y’all were proponents of.

OP never said that

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
by the time malcolm came along, he didn't know the names of all the aframs from the early to late 19th century that influenced Garvey and other Afram contemporaries of the early 20th century. He didn't realize Garvey was rehashing shyt that he himself picked up from Afroamericans.

I think the OP was basically stating that many of these black fukery sites/blogs seem to mainly be ran by black foreigners

OP never said that

Question is more for the people responding to this thread than the OP, because the discussion moved beyond Mona Scott awhile ago.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

I expected more from someone like yourself. This is just one example. There are books and videos detailing dozens of examples of Black people in science and mathematics that have been innovators in technology since the Reconstruction Era. Its a long ass history.

Whereas YALL are the ones who truly mainly just are known for food and entertainment. NOBODY goes to Jamaica to take in the history of the country. They just go for fun on resorts. Where is your own culture? And that goes for a couple of other islands in the Caribbean. Why is it always about only being on the resorts? You dnt have anything other than entertainment? Now Haiti and Cuba are some places that have a VERY RICH history where people can go to for other reasons

Even Jamaica is mainly just known for Marcus Garvey when it comes to iconic leaders, everyone else you wanna name is always a white man. In Black America people can name over 100 people throughout history that was an iconic leader like Garvey

What has anyone from Jamaica ever invented? Right now AA in this thread can name you 50 plus inventions we are responsible for in America OUTSIDE of entertainment. Entertainment is just the icing on the cake.

Yall act like you are so better than AA but its you who always come to their urban cities, not the other way around.

raw

tenor.gif

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Look how that other one The Honorable SKJ ran out this thread....thats all they do...they get murked everytime and just run away. Run to America, then they run to Canada, then they run to UK, then they run back to America, then they run to Canada.....they cant stick to one place.

Word. Running from their all black countries that they claim to be so proud to MY country where my descendants roamed. Blaming all the problems in their shythole countries on white people while accusing black americans of blaming the white man in a majority white country where we're ACTUALLY from. How pathetic! The irony is off the meter!

garvery even spoke on them types too:mjgrin:

"The educated men are immigrating to the United State, Canada and Europe… These people are leaving their homes simply because they haven’t pride and courage enough to stay at home and combat the forces that made them exiles." - Garvey

S0P6uCm.jpg

KNhSF0G.jpg

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
they realyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gotta stop with this Jamaicans are responsible for creating hip hop nonsense. I don't know why they go so hard with repeating that, its one of the most annoying things. These same people dont even know what an HBCU is or any parts of southern black culture, but are on experts on how rap was started.

we shouldn't even have to explain the common sense to them....JAMES BROWN is the most sampled person in rap and they can't use the common sense to realize early hip hop was mainly sampled from funk and soul? In 40 years we have heard about more funk and soul SAMPLES than dancehall and reggae samples.

Biggie was Jamaican and had one song on his whole first album with a jamaican vibe(the worst song on the album) and then dedicated the rest of his album to soul and funk samples :mjlol:
It's crazy how many nikkas just completely forget Gill Scott heroin was probably the first nikka spitting bars. We call it "proto-rap".

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps