What does Mona Scott the founder of media takeout and the founder shade room all have in common?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
correct a jamaican that wasn't being jamaican at all

soul and funk is the culture of jamaica?

he was operating in and around BLACK AMERICAN culture. No one was listening to west indian music, not even the actual west indian americans

:mjlol: the stories in that second video...a couple things here, Black Americans gotta stop pretending as if Patois(Jamaican slang) is that difficult to understand. they overrexagerrate. and then on the other hand Jamaicans gotta stop forcefully using Patois when its not necessary, its not even an actual language. Ive seen fools comment on youtube videos in Patois for no reason at all.

Its like if African Americans went backwards and started talking in stereotypical "ebonics" like the white people called it.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Very true. But it was Garvey who had the biggest influence on Malcolm.

I’m trying to understand the premise of this thread though. Is it that Jamaican/Haitian Americans need to stop having an elitist/condescending attitudes toward African Americans and show more respect? (which I wholeheartedly agree with) or is it that they need to stay out of the black American struggle completely? Because the latter seems to go against the global black solidarity that Pan Africanism calls for, which I thought y’all were proponents of.

It’s the “black voices” who don’t have their blood in the soil talking down on aframs, while wearing us like a costume to get in that place they’re at in the first place while vehemently saying “I’m not part of those nikkas over there ya feel me off top”. Especially these women who shyt on afram men

The nuanced shyt between us regular people is whatever, but when bytches like Luvvie or any of these “I’m vehemently not like those lazy aframs that died to open the gates for me not to have German shepherds attack me for shyts and giggles while I’m trying to enjoy this pumpkin spice latte” YouTube personalities open their mouths and start reinforcing bullshyt.. who are the ones really creating the division? Us speaking up on it? They are influencing people and we are catching it

Or the ones (not all continental Africans, just those nuanced ones) who claim we were to weak to make it in the continent, who inadvertently reveal themselves to be just as weak, to come here eat off the plate of those who were previously deemed unfit?

All in all, fukk the slick shyt.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
herc/jamaica invented breakbeats?

herc/jamaica invented rapping?

her/jamaica created 2 turntable/ 2 record mixing-djing?

xbdjsYp.jpg

herc/jamaica, invented jazz flow/phrasing?

Revealed: Notorious BIG's secret jazz education

my point is... take away this one sing act of repeating a break beat over and over... do we still have hip hop?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s the “black voices” who don’t have their blood in the soil talking down on aframs, while wearing us like a costume to get in that place they’re at in the first place while vehemently saying “I’m not part of those nikkas over there ya feel me off top”. Especially these women who shyt on afram men

The nuanced shyt between us regular people is whatever, but when bytches like Luvvie or any of these “I’m vehemently not like those lazy aframs that died to open the gates for me not to have German shepherds attack me for shyts and giggles while I’m trying to enjoy this pumpkin spice latte” YouTube personalities open their mouths and start reinforcing bullshyt.. who are the ones really creating the division? Us speaking up on it? They are influencing people and we are catching it

Or the ones (not all continental Africans, just those nuanced ones) who claim we were to weak to make it in the continent, who inadvertently reveal themselves to be just as weak, to come here eat off the plate of those who were previously deemed unfit?

All in all, fukk the slick shyt.

I’m Jamaican American and I agree with everything you just wrote. Good post

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
herc didn't create that...disco djs were already doing that

yes

so your saying in 1979 he would have came up with the same IDEA as rapping over a beat without first learning how to rap?

you hear the looping when he raps right? they are doing a "live loop" 2 bars loop until like :35 then switched to a different 2 bar loop till the end of the verse...and just about everytime he raps they switch and imitate a break beat loop... .. its obvious they are copying the break beat looping technic..

i have problem with people saying Herc didnt invent the style.. cuz if he didnt.. someone should CLEAR AS DAY claim the style...it should be one DJ going to every door saying.. herc stole my ish.. and he should have some form of proof..

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I’m Jamaican American and I agree with everything you just wrote. Good post

I seek affinity with all of us. I do not hate my cousins. I don’t like when people shyt on Haiti (Haitian/West Indian grandparents on one side) and I don’t use the term “boat brehs”. I have always respected continentals as hard working, smart, charming and resourceful people.

But any black person who speaks that “mud hut”, or “no culture”, or “better the race” shyt has to be dealt with. Because at some point black figures from all over have come together to create good things and perspectives. So on principle, that c00n shyt is disrespectfully pissing on all that heartache and suffering that gave way to respected platforms

I just hate these mfs that are putting down others for points. Including “our kind of people” aframs. Immigrant blacks don’t have to pay homage or outright respect us. We just all need to not outright disrespect each other. There’s no [respectable] trophy to get from it

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
fw everything you saying breh except that whole "outside of .... og whites you cant get more american than Aframs"

it sounds like a white talking point on some "we built this country" cac trump voters use

even if you include Og stock whites, you still cant get more american than Blacks, you can say Og whites are just as much as blacks tho.

But the cultural and custom contributions we gave to this country is too much.

only group that is higher is the Amerindians, and thats only cause they were here first as Natives

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
so your saying in 1979 he would have came up with the same IDEA as rapping over a beat without first learning how to rap?

yes...because aframs already had tradition of syncopated rhyming to a beat

1920s

1960s

1970s

you hear the looping when he raps right? they are doing a "live loop" 2 bars loop until like :35 then switched to a different 2 bar loop till the end of the verse...and just about everytime he raps they switch and imitate a break beat loop... .. its obvious they are copying the break beat looping technic..

funk music was/is a loop

i have problem with people saying Herc didnt invent the style.. cuz if he didnt.. someone should CLEAR AS DAY claim the style...it should be one DJ going to every door saying.. herc stole my ish.. and he should have some form of proof..

its has already been acknowledged that disco dj's were looping first. That's where herc got the idea along with 2 turntables, the difference was herc couldn't mix/didn't have disco technique so his style was crude

9BlCdO8.png

[/QUOTE]

grandwizard theo even says all herc did was play the record, he wasn't djin in the way we think of hiphop dj's today

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Are you a fool?
"racism toward black"
The CIA was helping foreign black people spread more poison and violence in black neighborhoods under the guise of "immigration", after these same folks destabilized a black gov't in a black country.
This is a little disingenuous

The CIA was also using AAs to do the same thing

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
fw everything you saying breh except that whole "outside of .... og whites you cant get more american than Aframs"

it sounds like a white talking point on some "we built this country" cac trump voters use

...og whites were in the USA before african slaves but I feel you. My main point was that only a partial part of the white american population can try to claim to be more american than aframs

even if you include Og stock whites, you still cant get more american than Blacks,o. you can say Og whites are just as much as blacks th

exactly

But the cultural and custom contributions we gave to this country is too much.

no doubt

only group that is higher is the Amerindians, and thats only cause they were here first as Natives

true

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

If you were to guess what is the prediction of how they will act next? Have you seen much getting wakeup calls from Trump?

What i see is that since Black Americans are going through a Reverse Great Migration now by going back to the South i think they will follow us....

Usually when they would leave to go to the South it would be to go to Georgia or Florida but i can see them spreading out across the south as a whole now.

The reason i think all of this is because the next census is coming up in 2020 and by then the Media will be promoting and talking heavy about the Great Migration to the South that Black Americans are having and having discussions on how it will affect the Census .

As we know the Caribbeans only wanna follow when White people say things so this will be the catalyst for more of them to run down there.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
...og whites were in the USA before african slaves but I feel you. My main point was that only a partial part of the white american population can try to claim to be more american than aframs

exactly

no doubt

true
there presence in America prior to us I would brush aside, thats the only thing they can claim to. and its very miniscule thing to brag, as America wasnt really America until we got there.

Meanwhile we built this stuff both in terms of the wealth but in infrastructure. Cacs would have never been able to build this.

As well contributions such as making the architecture, bringing in domestic customs that saved cacs babies from dying/have better care, etc

Then you got the wars we were in, culture, food etc