What does Mona Scott the founder of media takeout and the founder shade room all have in common?

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
It's misinterpreted a Jamaican assimilating with AAs gets no brownies points, hip-hop comes from James brown and Gill Scott heroin. Rapping is just live talk. There is nothing Jamaican about hiphop at all.

Lies Clive Campbell found hip hop do your googles. Who was a jamaican in the bronx. This is not an opinion. Its facts.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Lies Clive Campbell found hip hop do your googles. Who was a jamaican in the bronx. This is not an opinion. Its facts.
African Americans have a history with rapping and rhyming that goes all the way back to slavery times. Pigment Markham, Rudy Ray Moore, Blow fly, Gil Scott heron, the watts prophets, the last poets, AA pimps and preachers, AA comedians from the 70s, James Brown. A lot of Jazz and blues artists were basically rapping. Let me rap to you young blood. The basis of the instrumentation, Funk and Disco both AA. Where is the Jamaican culture. AA nikkas was pop locking on the west coast before hip Hop, graffiti was being done in Philly before hip Hop by AA. Hip Hop DJ culture came from Disco DJ culture. Again disco is AA. Exactly what part of Hip Hop is Jamaican or comes from Jamaica. Kool here said they ain't even use Jamaican sound systems and the crowd wouldn't let him play Jamaican music. None of the earliest examples of hip Hop were based on Jamaican music they were based on disco and funk both AA. Where is Jamaica in the equation?

No one person found hip Hop. It was a culmination of different AA cultures.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Actually, NO

25uqidf.jpg

Oh, and Bam's Island Molester ass wasn't a high ranking spade, either.

Daps
Reppin
I notice that you didn't differentiate between different groups of cacs which means recent newcomers like the Italians and Irish are grouped with those who came before them. So a cac who came in the 60's is not a guest, but a African or Jamaican breh is :francis:

It seems like some of the coli AA's only view Africans and Islanders as competition.

It's quite bizarre.
They came in the 20s, 30s and 40s, nikkas were banging with them and then they were allowed to use their crime money to advance into the "white" middle class.
I wasn't born in 1920, I was born in 1984.
I look at migos and slavs WORSE.
:demonic:
y'all look at us as competition, I'm not a fool.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
They came in the 20s, 30s and 40s, nikkas were banging with them and then they were allowed to use their crime money to advance into the "white" middle class.
I wasn't born in 1920, I was born in 1984.
I look at migos and slavs WORSE.
:demonic:
y'all look at us as competition, I'm not a fool.

But non AA blacks are a small minority compared to AA's. Plus the influx of newcomers is quite minimal. The government doesn't make it easy for blacks to come to America. And didn't you say that most AA's live nowhere near Africans and Islanders?

Daps
Reppin
That makes no sense. Everybody has a culture. You can't NOT have a culture. :francis:

ignorant shyt.
They say we're just "white" black americans and everything we make comes from white people...The super proud nigerians and somalis on here, nikkas like @idi_Amin and a few of the females...even Canada nikkas. Funny thing is they get real peaceful when I say "Pull up and say that on tape". Not even mentioning fights.
If that's the case why does every other black group do what we do? Are they white?

Daps
Reppin
But non AA blacks are a small minority compared to AA's. And didn't you say that most AA's live nowhere near Africans and Islanders?
Nah that was @xoxodede
africans and islanders always "end up" in "popping" AA cities. Not as refugees, but people who can afford plane tickets and apartments.
Guess what? There are still other majority black areas where they DON'T BE.
A new orleans breh might not be that familiar...an alabama breh? Same...detroit? same...cleveland? Same.
New York? Island'd up.
DC? They are present.
Bmore? Not really.
Philly...used to be more, now LESS :demonic:
Miami is not a black city anymore.
Opportunism.

Daps
Reppin
It's mostly foreign, and other West Indians using Jamaicans as a proxy, who do this. Not native Jamaicans. They usually have more in common culturally with AA than their own ethnic group, so they do shyt like that to compensate for it.

In Jamaica, unless someone is some type of music connoisseur, boxing fan, or Pan Africanist, AA don't even get brought up like that. Especially outside of Kingston/Saint Andrew.
They should...the way jamaicans think they contributed to hip hop....we ACTUALLY contributed to reggae in a much larger way.

2u9l2is.jpg

Along with Count Machuki and U-Roy, Stitt adapted the jive talk of the American radio presenters he had heard broadcasting from Miami and New Orleans and pioneered a new style of patois and slang-infused rhyming on the sound systems that dominated Kingston night-life.

King Stitt: Pioneer of 'toasting', a major influence on rap

we sure heard "hip hop was invented by a jamaican" our whole lives until doing research.
80s white people attempted to use Jakes as a "race horse" to make us work harder...just like they use africans now.

Daps
Reppin
You, and whoever is bragging about the shower posse taking over afram blocks, and the African chick from the UK writing thinkpieces are all displaying crab behavior in my book, that’s all there is to it.

I’m trying to get my money right and build with everybody in the culture, not tryin to play these little bullshyt tribal war games. Y’all beating your chests talking about dudes running other dudes off of blocks on land none of them dudes own. Bragging about black men killing other black men. And none of y’all were on the blocks with them either. All y’all are corny for that
Naw, HOE
ain't no all of y'all...I'm reacting to what they're doing. nikkas not going to sit here...and fukk you.
I don't use that C word, either.
"y'all beating your chest talking about blocks on land"
Both sides of my family own their property in DC.
3 in Uptown and 2 in SE....let alone one 1 in PG...
:mjgrin: Golden Krust is closed.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Keep giving muthaphuckas source material then cry about it.
The fact of the matter is that some people are just meant to be food. Consumed then shytted out.

I can understand y'all frustration though. Y'all get exploited by every group, even other black Americans, and feel like y'all are powerless to profit off of your own misery. That's not a consequence of black Americans being loving and accepting like the coli love to tell it, it's a result of the general lack of self worth that black Americans have.

All this lashing out and howling at the Moon that you coli nikkas love to do from time to time won't change a damn thing.
African Americans have been food and entertainment your whole history in this country.

Last edited: