What does Mona Scott the founder of media takeout and the founder shade room all have in common?

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
:picard: Damn its like that huh, so much vitrol in this thread. Imagine some of "yall" ancestors who watched their brothers, sisters, fathers, sons, daughters etc get dropped of in Jamaica and they went to Carolina dealing with unimaginable trauma, only for their descendants to aim such vitrol at each other.:hhh:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what do y’all think of Marcus Garvey? Because according to some of y’all he had no right to lead let alone address black Americans yet all the black activists y’all love got their blueprint from him

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
:picard: Damn its like that huh, so much vitrol in this thread. Imagine some of "yall" ancestors who watched their brothers, sisters, fathers, sons, daughters etc get dropped of in Jamaica and they went to Carolina dealing with unimaginable trauma, only for their descendants to aim such vitrol at each other.:hhh:
Multiple different groups of people.
People from Guinea-Bissau were dropped off in The Carolinas
Jamaicans are mainly Akan.

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Keep giving muthaphuckas source material then cry about it.
The fact of the matter is that some people are just meant to be food. Consumed then shytted out.

I can understand y'all frustration though. Y'all get exploited by every group, even other black Americans, and feel like y'all are powerless to profit off of your own misery. That's not a consequence of black Americans being loving and accepting like the coli love to tell it, it's a result of the general lack of self worth that black Americans have.

All this lashing out and howling at the Moon that you coli nikkas love to do from time to time won't change a damn thing.
African Americans have been food and entertainment your whole history in this country.

These comments here is where you messed up

There have been AA STEM professionals in this country with societal wide impacts outside entertainment

11 African American Inventors Who Changed the World

Can any Black non-AA say the same? Anywhere?

Also back home in their tourist dominated countries there is plenty of entertainment

You thrive off people being too nice to turn the back mirror on you

:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
So what do y’all think of Marcus Garvey? Because according to some of y’all he had no right to lead let alone address black Americans yet all the black activists y’all love got their blueprint from him
Marcus Garvey had some interesting thoughts about his own people, ironically.
Ask @IllmaticDelta

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
African Americans have been food and entertainment your whole history in this country.
Wrong.

During the times when black power was the highest we stopped being food.

The only time when become food is when black power is low like it is now and c00ns from all the diaspora are able to do dirt without opposition.

During the high times of black power c00ns all over the diaspora had barely any leg to stand on and we were not food.

Last edited:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
These nikkas are confused.

And in 2 days there's gonna be a thread about how everyone should move back to Africa:dead:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
You foreign nikkas can't tell me nothing about my culture or this hip-hop shyt. My mother was in the South Bronx in the 70s, when it was a burnt down hellhole and ground zero for hip-hop. She remembers when the Black Spades terrorized the city and was "hell on wheels" as she likes to say. They were barely any Jamaicans at at all in the South Bronx at that and they did NOT like hip-hop according to her. You gotta remember the immigration act only passed a few years earlier in the late 60s, they did not have numbers like that. More of them were drawn to Brooklyn hoods like Flatbush and Crown Heights.

Puerto Ricans either, her whole neighborhood had real beef with Ricans at the time. A war almost popped off over a chick. Lines were being drawn on BOTH sides on some racial shyt, NO it wasn't always all "love", despite the fact that they lived close enough to where she understood Spanish. She and her cousins did hip hop parties and damn near everybody there was AA, not ricans or west indians - especially in the beginning. She brought it to Queens - same thing. shyt till this day most of the nikkas I met from South Bronx were AA or African. Most of them Jamaican nikkas are in north bronx hoods like Wakefield where this is no hip hop history. Hell, I don't even know any rappers from the north bronx EVER at all. Hmm, I wonder why? :win::ohhh:

By the way im pure AA along hundreds of my fam in NYC take it how wanna take it :manny:

I wasn’t born in the 1970s but you are the first person to say that there were barley any Jamaicans in the Bronx in the 1970s.

West Indians have been in NYC since the 1920s and Jamaicans have been in the Bronx since the 1960s.

So yes your mom sounds like she talking out of spite moreso than reality.

And your Caribbean migration story is off. It might be true about Brooklyn but Jamaicans in particular migrated to the Bronx heavy which is why more then half of the Caribbean people in the Bronx are Jamaican alone which is the opposite from Brooklyn where the Caribbean community is diverse!

Btw Jamaicans in the Bronx didn’t just go straight to Wakefield. Wakefield and Eastchester were hoods they went through since a lot of West Indians end up purchasing homes.

Back in the bad days of the Bronx there were plenty of Jamaicans in the south Bronx and I know plenty of Jamaicans in the north Bronx who lived in the south Bronx when they were children and moved up north!

Daps
They came in the 20s, 30s and 40s, nikkas were banging with them and then they were allowed to use their crime money to advance into the "white" middle class.
I wasn't born in 1920, I was born in 1984.
I look at migos and slavs WORSE.
:demonic:
y'all look at us as competition, I'm not a fool.
They came in the 20s, 30s and 40s, nikkas were banging with them and then they were allowed to use their crime money to advance into the "white" middle class.
I wasn't born in 1920, I was born in 1984.
I look at migos and slavs WORSE.
:demonic:
y'all look at us as competition, I'm not a fool.
I wasn’t born in the 1970s but you are the first person to say that there were barley any Jamaicans in the Bronx in the 1970s.

West Indians have been in NYC since the 1920s and Jamaicans have been in the Bronx since the 1960s.

So yes your mom sounds like she talking out of spite moreso than reality.

And your Caribbean migration story is off. It might be true about Brooklyn but Jamaicans in particular migrated to the Bronx heavy which is why more then half of the Caribbean people in the Bronx are Jamaican alone which is the opposite from Brooklyn where the Caribbean community is diverse!
You was born in the 70s, you wasn't around the South Bronx when hip hop was formed so you have no idea what you're talking about . The Caribbean migration in the 1920s STOPPED after the depression cause there was less opportunities and even then they were GREATLY outnumbered by southern migrants whose migration didn't stop until the 70s meanwhile your people stopped coming after the 30s and got with AAs.
I got real data and real stats to prove it. Most them merged with the majority AA population in Harlem (at the time there was heavy racism and they collaborated more on that end) , and the ones didn't moved to Brooklyn neighborhoods like Crown Heights, and eventually Flatbush after the immigration act to start their little boat communities lol. Yeah of course the majority of the Caribbeans in the Bronx is Jamaican you guys have whole communities in them North Bronx like I mentioned. We are over 40 years after the immigration act, they are WAY more Jamaicans in the Bronx then their was when hip hop started. I know my history, you have no clue, your people most likely came around the earlier 70s (the ones with 20s roots are very small and irrelevant) and later, what the fukk do you know about hip hop that was started by AA's born in the 50s early 60s, some even 40s etc. My moms not spiteful at all she just tells the truth. She was there, YOU WERE NOT

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Keep giving muthaphuckas source material then cry about it.
The fact of the matter is that some people are just meant to be food. Consumed then shytted out.

I can understand y'all frustration though. Y'all get exploited by every group, even other black Americans, and feel like y'all are powerless to profit off of your own misery. That's not a consequence of black Americans being loving and accepting like the coli love to tell it, it's a result of the general lack of self worth that black Americans have.

All this lashing out and howling at the Moon that you coli nikkas love to do from time to time won't change a damn thing.

I expected more from someone like yourself. This is just one example. There are books and videos detailing dozens of examples of Black people in science and mathematics that have been innovators in technology since the Reconstruction Era. Its a long ass history.

Whereas YALL are the ones who truly mainly just are known for food and entertainment. NOBODY goes to Jamaica to take in the history of the country. They just go for fun on resorts. Where is your own culture? And that goes for a couple of other islands in the Caribbean. Why is it always about only being on the resorts? You dnt have anything other than entertainment? Now Haiti and Cuba are some places that have a VERY RICH history where people can go to for other reasons

Even Jamaica is mainly just known for Marcus Garvey when it comes to iconic leaders, everyone else you wanna name is always a white man. In Black America people can name over 100 people throughout history that was an iconic leader like Garvey

What has anyone from Jamaica ever invented? Right now AA in this thread can name you 50 plus inventions we are responsible for in America OUTSIDE of entertainment. Entertainment is just the icing on the cake.

Yall act like you are so better than AA but its you who always come to their urban cities, not the other way around.