What did New York City used to be like?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
:gladbron: :myman: :salute: :ohlawd: :shaq: :pachaha:

My favorite memory from the 90s :ahh:

Around 2000 when those newer trains came.... :gladbron: was crazy to see "sliver" trains on the 2 & 5 lines.

Y'all talking about the Redbirds. Some CACs on another side I visit were damn near suicidal when those cars were retired and thrown in the bushes.

Another staple of Crack Era NYC was the Fishbowl buses with the slant windows and the RTS buses with the round face. Maybe about 1000 of those left out of a peak of about 4-5000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
i love white hipsters. makes the city less ghetto

:stopitslime:
NYC was on the up and up before they started infiltrating. Giuliani and his quality of life laws was what cleaned it up. If anything, most hipsters came here seeking the grit and grime.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Does anyone remember how the 4th of July used to by in NYC before Guliani. For me the 4th was just as big as Christmas. I grew up in Ozone Park and it was something special. I was a little kid and my Dad gave me firecrackers to play with, now a days kids are pussies. But we would play with that during the day, the adults would be shooting roman candles and bottle rockets at the buses lol. At night you would go to John Gotti's firework show on 101st ave if you could get near it. And after that you would go home and blow off your big stuff and all your neighbors had fireworks too. You could walk out your front door and your neighbors were selling fireworks. The next day there would still be a cloud of smoke over the neighborhood.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all talking about the Redbirds. Some CACs on another side I visit were damn near suicidal when those cars were retired and thrown in the bushes.

Another staple of Crack Era NYC was the Fishbowl buses with the slant windows and the RTS buses with the round face. Maybe about 1000 of those left out of a peak of about 4-5000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

t t m g: Photos...New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority's GMC Buses (1972-73 New Look)

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Does anyone remember how the 4th of July used to by in NYC before Guliani. For me the 4th was just as big as Christmas. I grew up in Ozone Park and it was something special. I was a little kid and my Dad gave me firecrackers to play with, now a days kids are pussies. But we would play with that during the day, the adults would be shooting roman candles and bottle rockets at the buses lol. At night you would go to John Gotti's firework show on 101st ave if you could get near it. And after that you would go home and blow off your big stuff and all your neighbors had fireworks too. You could walk out your front door and your neighbors were selling fireworks. The next day there would still be a cloud of smoke over the neighborhood.

Yeah. Giuliani shut that shyt down down too. In all honesty though, every year some next cat was losing fingers.

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
:russ:

What was that like

nikka i was chillin playing on the sidewalk in full view of my aunts, uncle moms etc. they was bbq'ing :eat: and this bum was walking along the curb. nikka just lunged at me grabbed my by my shirt my aunt got up wit a fork thing they use to bbq ( skewer?) came at him he let me go and kept moving. lil nikka almost got snatched in broad daylight in front of my fam.:to:

shyt was real back in those days. there was always flyers of missing kids and stories about the schemes these nikkas would do if they didnt out right snatch ppl off the street. wonder where they at now? hopefully :dead: in a ditch somewhere.

Esau = Evil

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere NOT snitching.
Come up off them Jansport strings, yall....

jiggaismad.png

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
nikka i was chillin playing on the sidewalk in full view of my aunts, uncle moms etc. they was bbq'ing :eat: and this bum was walking along the curb. nikka just lunged at me grabbed my by my shirt my aunt got up wit a fork thing they use to bbq ( skewer?) came at him he let me go and kept moving. lil nikka almost got snatched in broad daylight in front of my fam.:to:

shyt was real back in those days. there was always flyers of missing kids and stories about the schemes these nikkas would do if they didnt out right snatch ppl off the street. wonder where they at now? hopefully :dead: in a ditch somewhere.

Damn thank god for ya aunt Cos dude was about to take you the under bridge and fukk you like you was ice la fox :sadcam:

Edit: Oh shyt it was probablys B.I.G homie gutta in his pedo prime :krs: