What did New York City used to be like?

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Part of the stadium plan is luxury condos... The master plan is to gentrify the hell out of it... Makes sense it's surrounded by wealthy areas and is well served by public transit

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
It might not, the area around Yankee Stadium is hood as fukk and the Yankees been playing in that location for years, so Downtown BK might retain its character.

Well, nobody wants to be in the Bronx period :trash:

but I suspect I'm right, I was driving along Flatbush and Atlantic and saw the lil hood spots, BWW, Marshall's, Pathmark :usure: only a matter of time before the rents are through the roof in that spot. I'm pissy as hell they put it right there though, what a shytshow for traffic already :snoop:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
TBH I wish they could have built the Arena in Floyd Bennett Field, big empty space, its still in Brooklyn, more than enough room for parking, etc :ehh:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Downtown BK is still surprisingly hood as fukk, but I'm sure that's gonna change with Barclay's Center open.

It depends on where you're at. The area around the Barclay's Center is pretty expensive and well maintained. Once you get past Atlantic Avenue it defintely changes. And once you cross Flatbush and Atlantic it's different too and looks more low income. But the areas between Flatbush Ave, Fulton Ave up to Lafayette and over towards Manhattan bridge around Fort Green park are fru fru as fukk...white pople outside picking daisies and life is just grand. It's like Soho over there now. But over by Ingersol and Walt Whitman houses on Myrtle Ave is still hood as hell.That area still has shootings.

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is how it was/is in my hood. shyt is still grimey out here idk why people act like it's all that safe to walk around at night. Granted it's not as bad as the early 90's but it's still crazy [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWaBHU-29pg[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLzywOpfgQ&feature=related[/ame]

Crack was invented in my hood brehs.. That crack epidemic was started in uptown Washington heights. A few blocks north of Harlem

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is how it was/is in my hood. shyt is still grimey out here idk why people act like it's all that safe to walk around at night. Granted it's not as bad as the early 90's but it's still crazy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWaBHU-29pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLzywOpfgQ&feature=related

Crack was invented in my hood brehs.. That crack epidemic was started in uptown Washington heights. A few blocks north of Harlem

:beli:Not with this shyt again about some dominican in WH invented crack

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
This is how it was/is in my hood. shyt is still grimey out here idk why people act like it's all that safe to walk around at night. Granted it's not as bad as the early 90's but it's still crazy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWaBHU-29pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLzywOpfgQ&feature=related

It wasnt invented in your hood. It was put there. By the CIA. They made the recipe. :manny:
The city that never sleeps was the first place to spread the epidemic, so you're correct in a different way.

Cocaine, in excess, was being imported by Ross, Gallardo and Caro-Quintero.
They (the CIA) put what they confiscated and cooked out into the hoods first and just like the pilgrims, gave diseased blankets out to start a domino effect.
Think about it. 1985 is the birth of Reagans ultimate fukk over plan.
Say No to drugs? Tell a person NOT to do something, and more than likely theyll do what you asked them not to do.
Reagan used his unsuspecting wife as a spokesperson when all the while he had an evil and calculated plan. smh

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's crazy because any way you put it they picked the perfect place and time to hit the streets with that shyt. Whats funny is that it was some highschool dudes that started flooding them crack vials uptown then moved on to the BX. At the time it was something like 2,000 homicides a year. Nowadays it's safe as hell with all the police around here looking like martial law and shyt.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Just watch New York Undercover repeats, they matched the vibe pretty well along with the music they used to play during the scenes.
Malik Yoba was trying to bring it back, but it wouldnt even be the same. Imagine today's music that would play during scenes :scusthov:

chasing a group of hipsters in Abercrombie stealing sunglasses from Macy's with Drake playing in the background isn't as compelling television as chasing down hood murderers in bubble gooses to Mobb Deep music

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Almost like a Mobb Deep album depending on who you ask.
Gotta take a look at Mobb Depp

Yeah, that ain't never gonna change... Cross Fort Greene Park from DeKalb Ave side on over to Myrtle Ave, and life changes drastically.

Hey old man, i know you from brooklyn, spill on the childhood stories.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
THE NATURE BOY GETS LOVE IN EVERY BOROUGH...DRINKING 40'S AND SMOKING BLUNTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fukk GIULIANI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ric-flair-gets-iced-o.gif