Reppin
Queens
hipstersafari.jpg

:what: fukk is going on

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In the 80's and 90's....any boro u went...wether it was the Bronx or Harlem..or Queens....If u saw a "health Food" store...it was usually a front for a weed spot. Even as a kid I wondered how the hell could police just allow stores to sell weed? Guilliani shut that down tho and in a way I guess that was a good thing because it didnt look right. The stores would always have buletproof glass covered in Hip Hop stickers and hardly had any food...any food they did have was usually old and covered in dust because no one really bought food there....and these spots would be a block part from each other....I remember there was one every Block around the 40's in Harlem and every stop on the 2 train from Jackson to 225 had 1 spot right there as soon as u got off the train....NY was a real cess pool in the 80's and 90'. Also the club scene was raw as fukk......U could be 13 or 14 years old and get in the hottest club...and u could drink. Strip Clubs had no problem with allowing jailbait to strip on a pole.....I had 14 and 15 year old female friends who told me stories I would never forget.....

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Believe it or not, it's the same BS here today than it was in the 80s and 90s...the difference is that it's just swept under the rug and more hidden. The COL is really the only major change. Gentrification shook things up in certain neighborhoods, but for the most part it just relocated the hoodboogers into another hood. Anyone from Far Rockaway and Staten Island can atest to that.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You just catching the uptown train to head to work, and you'll never know what to expect. :gladbron::ohlawd:

[ame=http://youtu.be/27Dx6ztJ8jw]SAX BATTLE IN NYC SUBWAY (original duh...) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/fsxzaHddkiQ]SAX BATTLE IN NYC SUBWAY PT. 2 - YouTube[/ame]

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:pacspit: at these hipsters, they don't know the Brooklyn we grew up in :to:

man, i feel the same way about my hometown Oakland, what's worse is they try to act like they honor the past of a city while still doing everything in their power to redefine it. the rawness of the mid-80's - late-90's will never be duplicated :noah:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Note to all nikkas in their cities: own your property or else THAT will happen. Swear to god that people allow that shyt to happen when they more concerned about renting than owning.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Note to all nikkas in their cities: own your property or else THAT will happen. Swear to god that people allow that shyt to happen when they more concerned about renting than owning.

ehh, a lot of people sold their shyt as well in the housing boom, it's not just lack of ownership that caused this. white folks started buying shyt up and nikkas was like :ooh: take mine - a lot of homes in the hood were owned by grandparents - so the kids/grandkids were quick to sell out. all these idiots relocated to them cookie cutter mcmansion suburban homes with no real value, brought the hood element with them (Pittsburg, Antioch, Stockton) and those were the first areas to collapse. played right into white folks' hands

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
ehh, a lot of people sold their shyt as well in the housing boom, it's not just lack of ownership that caused this. white folks started buying shyt up and nikkas was like :ooh: take mine - a lot of homes in the hood were owned by grandparents - so the kids/grandkids were quick to sell out. all these idiots relocated to them cookie cutter mcmansion suburban homes with no real value, brought the hood element with them (Pittsburg, Antioch, Stockton) and those were the first areas to collapse. played right into white folks' hands

Yup, nikkas should have been owning property since the 80s. But now you got ghetto burbs that have numerous break-ins and all. But at least they got a backward and some place to stretch out their legs.:obama:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Some of you motherfukkers just don't understand:

South Bronx and Brownsville were no joke a couple of decades ago.

Last edited by a moderator: