What did New York City used to be like?

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
It was fun, and horrible all at the same time, I lived in the South Bronx until I was around 8, then lived in Kingsbridge for a minute, basically the first half of my life was in the BX @ the time NYC was averaging around 2000 murders a year.

There were parts of the Bx that looked like a 3rd world country, and you had to worry about damn near everyone, shyt was like a molesters paradise.

There are still parts of the Bronx that look like 3rd world Country :damn:

I lived in NYC for 4 Years.. and The Bronx is just a dusty ass concrete jungle

Although it does have its urban charm, there no real reason to visit unless you're trying to catch a yankee game :manny:

The Roads in the Bronx have to be worst constructed pieces of shyt in america

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I stayed in for ny nearly a decade and I go back n fourth regularly. And Im young (20)

:yawn:

Get the fukk outta here. Thats what I cant stand about ya clowns. Spend a couple of summers out here cuz you have a aunt or cousin out here and ya think you have the heresay to speak on a region you dont live in. :snoop:

Im a young nikka under 25 & Im older than you too slime. If you were not born and raised here dont talk about shyt you dont know. I got family out in LA and DC that I visit yearly but you dont see me speaking on the daily roubouts of those areas. Ya goof nikkas stay with NY in ya mouth.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
nikkas used to have this tagged on their jansport right next to the wu tang logo :russ:

Decept_Logo.jpg

And I know it's been like 20 years, but fukk SAP :pacspit:

EDIT:

I ain't been home in a minute, but damn I wish I had one of these right now :noah:

ices-05.png

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
There are still parts of the Bronx that look like 3rd world Country :damn:

I lived in NYC for 4 Years.. and The Bronx is just a dusty ass concrete jungle

Although it does have its urban charm, there no real reason to visit unless you're trying to catch a yankee game :manny:

The Roads in the Bronx have to be worst constructed pieces of shyt in america

The Bronx Zoo is nice :ehh:

Riverdale is nice too, although there's nothing to "visit" there though.

Pelham Bay Park, Van courtlant Park, etc

Broadway from where the 1 train ends to the Bronx/Yonkers Border

The mall area around Co op City has that middle america feel :ahh:

But other than that The Bronx :shaq2:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Goddamn, in the 80's man, New York was the most fun city in the world and the most dangerous. You could go to a basement party with 300 people or you could get robbed and beaten and left taking the subway in your drawers and I shyt you not because I had both happen to me. It was just a certain grimeyness to it. New York is no where close to that now. It's a lot less diverse if that makes any sense or I should say more white people lol. Especially in parts of Brooklyn where I frequented the most.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goddamn, in the 80's man, New York was the most fun city in the world and the most dangerous. You could go to a basement party with 300 people or you could get robbed and beaten and left taking the subway in your drawers and I shyt you not because I had both happen to me. It was just a certain grimeyness to it. New York is no where close to that now. It's a lot less diverse if that makes any sense or I should say more white people lol. Especially in parts of Brooklyn where I frequented the most.

:dwillhuh: 300 in a basement!

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
:yawn:

Get the fukk outta here. Thats what I cant stand about ya clowns. Spend a couple of summers out here cuz you have a aunt or cousin out here and ya think you have the heresay to speak on a region you dont live in. :snoop:

Im a young nikka under 25 & Im older than you too slime. If you were not born and raised here dont talk about shyt you dont know. I got family out in LA and DC that I visit yearly but you dont see me speaking on the daily roubouts of those areas. Ya goof nikkas stay with NY in ya mouth.

You need to relax my g.

You tryna be a comedian/tough guy on here? I never stayed for summers I lived in new york .

The NY sound is outdated and these new underground dudes you speak of...are wack.

Now you can reply seriously or you can go ahead n try impress ya ny buddies with the tough talk.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
You need to relax my g.

You tryna be a comedian/tough guy on here? I never stayed for summers I lived in new york .

The NY sound is outdated and these new underground dudes you speak of...are wack.

Now you can reply seriously or you can go ahead n try impress ya ny buddies with the tough talk.

:comeon:

nikka you were the same clown in The Booth who made a thread about how bigge smalls was a suburbanite in BROOKLYN :mindblown:

Your agenda is see thru you Pac fukkboy. You kno nothing about NY. Just keep ya mouth shut scrappy. No tough talk. I just dont respect ya bytchass :youngsabo:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
:comeon:

nikka you were the same clown in The Booth who made a thread about how bigge smalls was a suburbanite in BROOKLYN :mindblown:

Your agenda is see thru you Pac fukkboy. You kno nothing about NY. Just keep ya mouth shut scrappy. No tough talk. I just dont respect ya bytchass :youngsabo:

Biggie was a upper middle class dude who wanted to be like the poor kids that's a fact. :gladbron:

The NY sound is not poppin and the undergrounds rappers r not poppin thats a fact :gladbron:

It is what it is. Im not hating these are just the facts. Don't be mad at me hoeminati :ooh:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Biggie was a upper middle class dude who wanted to be like the poor kids that's a fact. :gladbron:

The NY sound is not poppin and the undergrounds rappers r not that poppin thats a fact :gladbron:

Don't be mad at me hoeminati :ooh:

Hehe finally showing ya true colors now ehhh :jawalrus:

Still cant get ova the fact that Pac was doing tootsie rolls in highschool huh :lolbron:

THat aint NY's fault doggie :usure:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Hehe finally showing ya true colors now ehhh :jawalrus:

Still cant get ova the fact that Pac was doing tootsie rolls in highschool huh :lolbron:

THat aint NY's fault doggie :usure:

Both Biggie and tupac are dead im talking about now homie.

You can try deflect it all you want but everybody knows that.....:smugdraper:

The ny sound is outdated and ya mc's are not popping.

Young nikkas would rather listen to chief keef then a nikka from his own

borough. I love NY but i call it like I see it :yes:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
The Bronx Zoo is nice :ehh:

Riverdale is nice too, although there's nothing to "visit" there though.

Pelham Bay Park, Van courtlant Park, etc

Broadway from where the 1 train ends to the Bronx/Yonkers Border

The mall area around Co op City has that middle america feel :ahh:

But other than that The Bronx :shaq2:

Go to City Island for some Seafood :ld:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Remember back in the days. When uptown was really The Bronx and Mt.Vernon. Cats wasnt really reppin Harlem like that.

Mase really put on for Harlem, and the talent that followed carried the torch. Now when people say Uptown. All they mean is Harlem. Straight took another cities title :heh:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Remember back in the days. When uptown was really The Bronx and Mt.Vernon. Cats wasnt really reppin Harlem like that.

Mase really put on for Harlem, and the talent that followed carried the torch. Now when people say Uptown. All they mean is Harlem. Straight took another cities title :heh:

Nah, you're wrong.