What Are “European Beauty Standards”?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Of course you'd find a way to over-analyze what I said. Okay then, Bria Myles, Melyssa Ford, and Paula Patton. I can keep going forever and I'm sure you'll find something wrong with any woman I mention because you already have a narrative that you're sticking to in your head. My point was that good looking women (and men, for that matter) don't complain about beauty standards because there are no "standards" that can overshadow genuine attractiveness.

2 more mixed women...

I get it, you have a type. The only question is how did you get that way.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
mainly anti fat bytch vibrations

regardless of race complexion features that's the common detail

they will fukk with a asian bytch a ink black sudanese bytch whatever just don't be fat

87 others

Superstar
Daps
2 more mixed women...

I get it, you have a type. The only question is how did you get that way.
Because they're good looking :yeshrug: There is no other answer. It's not because of some imaginary beauty standard that they don't even fit into, that's for sure. But hey, I'm not as "woke" as you. The whole "concept" flew over my head like a 747, after all. You do you.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
beauty standards don't really have a set scale and are in constant flux, that said I always took the term to mean mainstream acceptable attractiveness

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
The standards of beauty have shifted in recent years. The look being promoted is no longer traditionally European.

But before 2015:

SMcBfAb.jpg

zcyaEv1.jpg

7Y1crQ1.jpg
i don't know any BM who describes this is THEIR "beauty standard"...they might be open to dating WW, but isn't the "standard"

Quiet as it is kept...Black Men receive little to no credit for challenging European beauty standards in mainstream media.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not...it was BM who put "African beauty standards" on the map.

Most BM prefer and demonstrate a myriad of preferences for African dominant features like full lips, wider, hips butt, big thighs, being "thick" etc....that preference directly challenges the European phenotype. BM made it possible for BIG women in general to be openly confident about themselves...and this greatly benefited the BW's self-esteem....because white men sure as all hell didn't support it.

Trust and believe--if this wasn't true, BW would be virtually invisible on nearly every media platform.

Now here I go on my soap box...Black Women only complain about it because they want UNIVERSAL appeal to all men, NOT just BM. And there in lies the problem with it because BM historically as well as in contemporary times have demonstrated the African phenotype as their standard...hell just look around you (and I don't mean rappers and ball players)...like i said, black men marry/date and babymomma average and below average BW by a large margin....so the problem clearly isn't about BM embracing Eurocentric beauty standards...

the real problem is that attention from just black men isn't good enough.... because deep down they [BW] want the very same perceived universal appeal that WW have....simply put, black men's preferences aren't enough to satisfy them.

Last edited:

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
It's valid
One thing I don't get is if "European beauty standards" are so influential why did black women only adopt some of them
Aight yall wear weave and put chemicals in your head cause of euro standards, but those standards had zero impact on half yall walking around here with fupas :skip:
That’s the western diet. We’re tying to eat like white Americans and it’s bad for our health

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Well duh :francis:

When most people put mixed women on pedestals they aren’t talking about the female equivalent of a Jordan peele where you wouldn’t know they are biracial unless they told you. They are typically talking about light skinned light eyed looser curled hair biracials. Which is STILL closer to white than black. Why wouldn’t it be offensive for somebody to say Black is only attractive when it’s basically diluted?

So what?

We need to stop internalizing people’s opinions. It’s called a personal preference. Anyone that gets offended by someone’s preferences is insecure.

It’s okay when someone else’s preference looks nothing like you.. The goal in life should just be to find ONE person that loves you. Not to be the object of every man or women’s affection.

BaviKingVA

Live every day like it's your last
Supporter
Daps
blond hair blue eyes slender body and nose, etc. many countries before meeting euros also preferred these traits. Many traits like light skin were preferred.

CACs just playing their mental mindgames

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
It's the idea that white people and their features ,skin color, bone structure, hair types, ect are the most beautiful.

It's a form of white supremecy that we have been subjected too since slavery. It is enforced daily by the media to create self hate.

It applies to non white men too. but non men are somewhat shielded because men aren't judged as much by their "looks "

It is why black men used to "conk" our hair.

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Damn yall don’t wanna give Black folks credit for inspiring nothing beautiful in this world.

:wow:

I guess lip injections and ass implants are inspired by the Irish or some Filipinos.

And your user name is :mjpls:
People are often discouraged when they feel like they're talking to a wall, but they must not discourage: there might be another person behind it listening and taking notes :ehh:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Folks don’t like having serious conversations about topics like this that’s asking to dive deep into the psyche of the Afro mind. Because everybody is perfect and don’t have insecurities.

European standards of beauty would apply to women because men don’t care about shyt like that. Asian women go through it too, not just black.
we got bigger issues to worry about thats why. additionally this 90% cac forum aint the place to discuss it.
additionally ain't no European standard anymore. nobody black wants to look like the traditional ugly cac

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
No.

But I have seen them risk skin cancer to live up to an “Afrocentric Beauty Standard.”

I mean nobody calls it that, but let’s be honest about what it is.

Tanning is a wealth display for white people. it shows they had the money to take a tropical vacation, you will hear them saying things like "I charred in Cabo" has nothing to do wanting to look black.

The practice became popular here when we started building resorts in the West Indies and the South Pacific. before that white people were powdering their faces to look even paler.