What Are “European Beauty Standards”?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Just popped in here to say:

- these standards are coded/enforced by women.

- I find it dubious how beauty standards are the only standards that women feel trapped by.

If you tell a woman “a woman shouldn’t be on the front lines of combat”, she’ll give you the finger,
shave her head bald, and become a Navy Seal just to spite you.

If you tell a woman “I don’t want to date a single mother”, she’ll give you the finger, point out
how you would still fucc her if she wanted to fucc, and say there are plenty of men that still want her
anyway.

...and yet, tell her you like women who aren’t fat with their real hair, she’s going on Oprah to cry
because it’s physically unfair what society asks women to be.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Nah its an Internet thing you clown ass nikkas don't see IRL unless you're broke as fukk and roll with losers. Either way you're not speaking on reality for the vast majority just another lame getting online kicking bullshyt lies for daps and hopefully sniff a chick panties by being an agreeable sucker.

A difference of opinion shouldn't make you this upset

You may want to seek therapy for that misdirected anger

God bless

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
You used African countries to extend the argument that African women bleach because of colorism and enforced european beauty standards, when this is not the case. If you ask African women who bleach why they do so, the answer you"ll receive is that they do it because of male attraction to light skin blablabla, whereas this is not the case for the average man, a beautiful woman is beautiful regardless, and light skinned people existed since time immemorial. In most of these societies, colorism is a personal preference and does not extend to economic opportunities etc. Nepotism, sexism, tribalism and cronyism cover those angles, colorism only becomes a problem when a man who is well desired prefers lightskin women, but not when a local no-name youth is chasing down nothing but dark-skinned women.

I disagree, but I can see the argument

The bleaching is a side effect of white supremacy imo

Things dont always have to be explicitally said to be understood

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
i don't know any BM who describes this is THEIR "beauty standard"...they might be open to dating WW, but isn't the "standard"

Quiet as it is kept...Black Men receive little to no credit for challenging European beauty standards in mainstream media.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not...it was BM who put "African beauty standards" on the map.

Most BM prefer and demonstrate a myriad of preferences for African dominant features like full lips, wider, hips butt, big thighs, being "thick" etc....that preference directly challenges the European phenotype. BM made it possible for BIG women in general to be openly confident about themselves...and this greatly benefited the BW's self-esteem....because white men sure as all hell didn't support it.

Trust and believe--if this wasn't true, BW would be virtually invisible on nearly every media platform.

Now here I go on my soap box...Black Women only complain about it because they want UNIVERSAL appeal to all men, NOT just BM. And there in lies the problem with it because BM historically as well as in contemporary times have demonstrated the African phenotype as their standard...hell just look around you (and I don't mean rappers and ball players)...like i said, black men marry/date and babymomma average and below average BW by a large margin....so the problem clearly isn't about BM embracing Eurocentric beauty standards...

the real problem is that attention from just black men isn't good enough.... because deep down they [BW] want the very same perceived universal appeal that WW have....simply put, black men's preferences aren't enough to satisfy them.
/thread