What Are “European Beauty Standards”?

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
But if AKA’s are held up as the most desirable because of their complexion. Who outside of the Black community is setting that standard? The average European/Cac doesn’t even know what an AKA is.

And why do so many dark skinned Black women :cape: for Kamala Harris as their “sister girl” if her whole existence is problematic to how society will view them?

Its colorism and it spans across all non white ethnic groups

Indians bleach

Asians bleach

Africans bleach

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Of course you'd find a way to over-analyze what I said. Okay then, Bria Myles, Melyssa Ford, and Paula Patton. I can keep going forever and I'm sure you'll find something wrong with any woman I mention because you already have a narrative that you're sticking to in your head. My point was that good looking women (and men, for that matter) don't complain about beauty standards because there are no "standards" that can overshadow genuine attractiveness.
two mix race and the token dark skin woman to overcompensate :pachaha:

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
The modern black males keeps up with the standard by dating "foreign" and "exotic" women. You get more respect and clout from other black men for having a less black woman...

Listen to many hip hop song where they describe a woman's features. Its usually a mixed woman.
I got a thing for this blonde Asian woman, am I liking for a clout?

:ohhh:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
European beauty standards ie, Caucasian beauty standards ie, basically anything you see them push on billboards, magazines, commercials, television, etc.

Since they pretty much rule America as well as Europe and basically the whole world, more or less, of course they're going to push and promote their women as the ideal when it comes to beauty.

But funnily enough many of them always try to replicate black features

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
And why do they seem to only apply to Black women?

For example. I’ve never heard Black men or Asian women talk about the pressures of living up to this so called standard.

I’ve been hearing this term brought up by our sisters a lot recently.

How long has this standard existed? Where does it come from? Who is responsible for holding this up as the “standard”?

Asian women get eye surgeries to look more white.

You just exposed your ignorance.

Last edited:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
  • Round Eyes
    • Light colored eyes
  • Narrow Nose Bridge
    • Small nostrils
In terms of facial features those are the factors that are most subject to contention/tension from a euro vs everyone else framework.
  • Strong Hairline
  • Thick Eyebrows
  • High Cheekbones
  • Full Lips
  • Straight Teeth
  • Clear Skin
Are the other main facial features associated with attractiveness, and I don't think the "European Beauty Standard" is the primary basis for these, and are generally present throughout the world. But there are exceptions.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Asian women be eye surgeries to look more white.

You just exposed your ignorance.
It happens.

:manny:

Not being properly educated on the “Asian Woman Cac Eye Operation” phenomenon is an L I’m willing to take.

Learn something new everyday.

I still think if we’re honest. We don’t hear about the negative effect of European Beauty Standards From any demographic more than Black women.

A few posters have done a good job of explaining why.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is you viewing things thru rose colored glasses and not in true context.

I’m young but all my aunts was poppin in the 70’s. First off every black woman was not rocking a fro. Plenty of black women were still relaxing or pressing their hair. And truth be told, unless the man you was dealing with was really down for the cause and not just following the pro black wave, he preferred the silky look because it was more aligned with the American standard.

If you wanted to work in an office downtown, you could wear a nice picked out short Afro, sure.

But if you were going for a competitive role, you were pressing that hair out to give you an edge with white hiring managers.

I think you guys pressed your hair because you liked the way it looked it had nothing to do with white Beauty standards.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
If you want to know European beauty standard, look at the models in any Ebony/Jet magazine from the 1950s-1970s. Stop making it complicated.

Despite it all, in my travels, I would say AAs have done the best to fight this. For all our still lingering issues, AA beauty supply stores almost the only ones in the Black world where skin lightening cream isn't the top product. I visited beauty supply stores for Black women in Europe and Africa as well as Asian stores in Asia and the skin lightening shyt is always in the front display

:scust:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
This is beyond wrong.

most people aren’t sitting around not loving themselves over this, as most people have a lot more to think about than their looks. but there is always the reality that there is a western standard of beauty and it won’t ever be a brown skinned wide nosed, full lipped, kinky/coily haired woman.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if things aren't going in reverse. pre-1980s, if you weren't light with straight hair you had a pretty narrow lane. By the 1990s you pretty much had Black women in the whole range getting show. Now it seems to be slipping back to light, 'exotic', type chicks.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

To be honest I don’t know the last time I’ve talked to an Asian outside of a professional setting.

The ones I used to kick it with back in the day were much more obsessed with Black American culture and esthetic.

They really can go both extremes it seems.

Asians who dont fw withes at all
Asians who would do anything to be white

And they are alot of both extremes it seems

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
And why do they seem to only apply to Black women?

For example. I’ve never heard Black men or Asian women talk about the pressures of living up to this so called standard.

I’ve been hearing this term brought up by our sisters a lot recently.

How long has this standard existed? Where does it come from? Who is responsible for holding this up as the “standard”?
nikkas was burning they fukking scalp trying to get white man hair.. They still perm and flat iron it to this day. Dressing up in low budget and tacket zoot suits, trying to dress white. Rappers in all their high end white fashion. Supermodels being 99% white and frail, just like white men like them, but the nikkas is the ones lusting. All the damn caribbean is whitening their skin.

And what you mean who is responsible for holding up this standard.. WHITE PEOPLE!!!! They own every fukking thing. Every single day is a constant bombardment of "white is pretty, lighter is better, skinnier is better, blue and green and hazel eyes are exotic, long flowy hair is the best, here's 150 beauty tips and 149 are for white women, barely any dark skin people modeling or acting, etc etc etc etc etc"

What are you even talking about fam?