Daps
4b900ff4ff64c4f71ce7392ede7be637.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Black men having to have a haircut is European beauty standards... the fact that you acting like you don't know is either a good troll or you're that programmed.

So acting like it doesn't apply to men is crazy when they made a black kid cut his locs to compete in a wrestling tournament and he cried and they've been criticizing boys with braids in schools for the longest.

That fact that braids, locs, fros aren't deemed "professional" is the European beauty standard

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
nikkas was burning they fukking scalp trying to get white man hair.. They still perm and flat iron it to this day. Dressing up in low budget and tacket zoot suits, trying to dress white. Rappers in all their high end white fashion. Supermodels being 99% white and frail, just like white men like them, but the nikkas is the ones lusting. All the damn caribbean is whitening their skin.

And what you mean who is responsible for holding up this standard.. WHITE PEOPLE!!!! They own every fukking thing. Every single day is a constant bombardment of "white is pretty, lighter is better, skinnier is better, blue and green and hazel eyes are exotic, long flowy hair is the best, here's 150 beauty tips and 149 are for white women, barely any dark skin people modeling or acting, etc etc etc etc etc"

What are you even talking about fam?
Most of my questions were rhetorical brother.

My concern is that in 2021. Why do so many of us still give a fukk about what crackers think?

In 1991, Ice Cube said “Trying to be white or a jew, but ask yourself. Who are they to be equal to?

That was 30 years ago!

Someone called me out of touch, because I’m exacerbated Black folks are still having the same discussions I heard as a 10 year old.

I wonder if this will still be an issue in 2051?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The modern black males keeps up with the standard by dating "foreign" and "exotic" women. You get more respect and clout from other black men for having a less black woman...

Listen to many hip hop song where they describe a woman's features. Its usually a mixed woman.
This nikka don't go outside with this bullshyt. Only other nikkas that don't go outside would co sign this dumb shyt you posted.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Most of my questions were rhetorical brother.

My concern is that in 2021. Why do so many of us still give a fukk about what crackers think?

In 1991, Ice Cube said “Trying to be white or a jew, but ask yourself. Who are they to be equal to?

That was 30 years ago!

Someone called me out of touch, because I’m exacerbated Black folks are still having the same discussions I heard as a 10 year old.

I wonder if this will still be an issue in 2051?
The answer is yes. People,love having the same fukkng tired discussions over and over and over instead of actually working on change. 30 years ago? I've saw shyt folks yack about on here in the OG superfly movie. Some variation of the same few topics are going to be talked about forever and a day with black people. I'm pretty sure the same shyt happens in other groups just different topics that relate to them that keep coming up every generation like its new.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Now it seems to be slipping back to light, 'exotic', type chicks.
were really not going in reverse. its just that you have a loud group on the internet who try their best to highlight what they dont like and try their best to brainwash people that its true.

Like black women who continue to spread that BS that "black women were not in music videos during the late 00s" which is nonsense

but as the popular saying goes

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it"

there is no satisfying the complainers, hell Yo Gotti had BW in his recent video, but because he didnt have the arbitrary quota these women would like. they now spread the lie that "Yo gotti had no BW in his video" and that hes colorist

Just lies

sunny80

All Star
Daps
Of course you'd find a way to over-analyze what I said. Okay then, Bria Myles, Melyssa Ford, and Paula Patton. I can keep going forever and I'm sure you'll find something wrong with any woman I mention because you already have a narrative that you're sticking to in your head. My point was that good looking women (and men, for that matter) don't complain about beauty standards because there are no "standards" that can overshadow genuine attractiveness.

This is extremely false. The celeb women who are praised for their looks on here have complained about white beauty standards in interviews. Bria Myles and Melyssa Ford were in a documentary on skin tone and white standards talking about the colorism they have faced. It was called Complexion Obsession or something like that. Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union, Keke Palmer and more have all complained about white beauty standards. Cute, pretty and beautiful women are not exempt from being treated less than because of their race. Racists will attack a back woman's looks first because she is a woman. We are still black at the end of the day.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I still think if we’re honest. We don’t hear about the negative effect of European Beauty Standards From any demographic more than Black women.
Western societies have always had an especially strong disdain for black femininity and black features on Black women to an extent that I think doesn't exist even for other non white groups of women, women who don't fit into mainstream appeals of beauty are treated much worst by greater society in general.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
i don't know any BM who describes this is THEIR "beauty standard"...they might be open to dating WW, but isn't the "standard"

Quiet as it is kept...Black Men receive little to no credit for challenging European beauty standards in mainstream media.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not...it was BM who put "African beauty standards" on the map.

Most BM prefer and demonstrate a myriad of preferences for African dominant features like full lips, wider, hips butt, big thighs, being "thick" etc....that preference directly challenges the European phenotype. BM made it possible for BIG women in general to be openly confident about themselves...and this greatly benefited the BW's self-esteem....because white men sure as all hell didn't support it.

Trust and believe--if this wasn't true, BW would be virtually invisible on nearly every media platform.

Now here I go on my soap box...Black Women only complain about it because they want UNIVERSAL appeal to all men, NOT just BM. And there in lies the problem with it because BM historically as well as in contemporary times have demonstrated the African phenotype as their standard...hell just look around you (and I don't mean rappers and ball players)...like i said, black men marry/date and babymomma average and below average BW by a large margin....so the problem clearly isn't about BM embracing Eurocentric beauty standards...

the real problem is that attention from just black men isn't good enough.... because deep down they [BW] want the very same perceived universal appeal that WW have....simply put, black men's preferences aren't enough to satisfy them
Bold is super facts. These nut ass lame faux blacks on here too stupid to understand this.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
i don't know any BM who describes this is THEIR "beauty standard"...they might be open to dating WW, but isn't the "standard"

Quiet as it is kept...Black Men receive little to no credit for challenging European beauty standards in mainstream media.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not...it was BM who put "African beauty standards" on the map.

Most BM prefer and demonstrate a myriad of preferences for African dominant features like full lips, wider, hips butt, big thighs, being "thick" etc....that preference directly challenges the European phenotype. BM made it possible for BIG women in general to be openly confident about themselves...and this greatly benefited the BW's self-esteem....because white men sure as all hell didn't support it.

Trust and believe--if this wasn't true, BW would be virtually invisible on nearly every media platform.

Now here I go on my soap box...Black Women only complain about it because they want UNIVERSAL appeal to all men, NOT just BM. And there in lies the problem with it because BM historically as well as in contemporary times have demonstrated the African phenotype as their standard...hell just look around you (and I don't mean rappers and ball players)...like i said, black men marry/date and babymomma average and below average BW by a large margin....so the problem clearly isn't about BM embracing Eurocentric beauty standards...

the real problem is that attention from just black men isn't good enough.... because deep down they [BW] want the very same perceived universal appeal that WW have....simply put, black men's preferences aren't enough to satisfy them.
fukking facts:

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
The modern black males keeps up with the standard by dating "foreign" and "exotic" women. You get more respect and clout from other black men for having a less black woman...

Listen to many hip hop song where they describe a woman's features. Its usually a mixed woman.
Ive been told by many black men that I'm the darkest they will date as far as skin tone . Ive only
Heard this from black men . No other race comment on my skin tone .
Only black men do

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

the real problem is that attention from just black men isn't good enough.... because deep down they [BW] want the very same perceived universal appeal that WW have....simply put, black men's preferences aren't enough to satisfy them.
ADOS BM's love for asses and thickness is why you have the thick trend now

prior to us, the idea of being thick was looked down upon by white media

and it was a way for companies and entites to limit the number of Black women and only get the ones that fit a certain type.