What are "Southern Values" when it comes to progressive policies?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
the point is that Black folks didn't protest against it along religious lines because of the consequences from gay mafia and it becoming apart of Dem politician agenda
There was no coalition, it was the constitution via the Supreme Court that overturned the state laws after a few lawsuits by gay couples, supported by gay right orgs

Yet those same Black folks voted against their best interest when it became necessary help a corporate Dem agenda

I know this is hard to get but getting people to join your coalition is how you win in a democracy. The Supreme Court didn’t just wake up and decide to overturn those bans.

When someone beats you with a majority the recourse is to get more people on your side.

Modern Republicans have forced this idea of leading in a minority position and undermining the basic idea of a democracy.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I know this is hard to get but getting people to join your coalition is how you win in a democracy. The Supreme Court didn’t just wake up and decide to overturn those bans.
When someone beats you with a majority the recourse is to get more people on your side.
Modern Republicans have forced this idea of leading in a minority position and undermining the basic idea of a democracy.
smh. Are you saying that the Supreme Court chooses cases based on popularity?
For the last time, Black folks didn't fight against gay rights but voted against their best interest, for a reason I already mention

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
smh. Are you saying that the Supreme Court chooses cases based on popularity?
For the last time, Black folks didn't fight against gay rights but voted against their best interest, for a reason I already mention

Holy crap. You know cases don’t just go straight to the Supreme Court right? You get lower court rulings before it that go for and against your side?

They ruled on a very narrow question.

This is basic stuff.

Daps
I've been living in south Carolina/Georgia my entire life. I don't resent Southerners prefer diet republican style Democrats.
I'm not interested in policing anyone's voting habits.

What I do resent, are these fake militant neoliberals who like to appropriate election results and bind them with "blackness".

The DNC operatives who are trying to make being a centrist democrat a fundamental element of being black.
That you have to give up your "black card" if you don't fall within that range

And these propagandists are going extra hard in pushing that idea onto black women.

It's like they're trying to establish black women as the Dora milaje of centrist dems or some shyt

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
after I replied with
There was no coalition, it was the constitution via the Supreme Court that overturned the state laws after a few lawsuits by gay couples, supported by gay right orgs

...why would you reply with...

...then say

Holy crap. You know cases don’t just go straight to the Supreme Court right? You get lower court rulings before it that go for and against your side?
They ruled on a very narrow question.
This is basic stuff.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
after I replied with

...why would you reply with...

...then say

Because you said there was no coalition.

The coalition was the gay rights advocates who brought the cases to the lower courts. The people who rallied other to vote to abolish discriminatory laws against gays and pass referendums and ballot measures to expand gay rights. People and groups who worked to get the elected politicians favorable to fight for them.

How can you say there was no coalition?

They put in decades of work to get that decision.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Because you said there was no coalition.

The coalition was the gay rights advocates who brought the cases to the lower courts. The people who rallied other to vote to abolish discriminatory laws against gays and pass referendums and ballot measures to expand gay rights. People and groups who worked to get the elected politicians favorable to fight for them.

How can you say there was no coalition?

They put in decades of work to get that decision.
No matter who you claim to be coalition for gay rights, if the plaintiffs' lawyers don't present a convincing case, then the state laws aren't overturned. Thus why, no coalition overturned the state laws

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
No matter who you claim to be coalition for gay rights, if the plaintiffs' lawyers don't present a convincing case, then the state laws aren't overturned. Thus why, no coalition overturned the state laws
Wow.
Those Civil Rights marchers just needed a good lawyer. Would have saved a lot of time and dog bites, batons, and water hoses to the face.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Probably wouldn't hurt to ask southern folks, but I think this is just a circle jerk thread for people venting over Super Tuesday. :hubie:
no i think they truly want to understand :sadcam:

not lecture and not so subtly shyt on black people (like we said they would continue to do as bernie continues his black dismissal tour [a hit since 2015!])

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And this is why people don’t take progressives seriously. Y’all get very emotional, hyperbolic, talk in absolutes and talk crazy shyt. With this attitude you win elections.
:dead:

at this point talking to them is more pointless than talking to a brick wall. for every decent one you find you'll find 10 more blissfully ignorant ones

Maybe progressives have subpar persuasive skills? :yeshrug: I mean the condescending, long-winded, absolute language filled and moral grandstanding form of communication is off putting on a message board filled with college grads, and I don't think it works out well with working class folks either. Behavioral psych and ancient texts on the role/impact of rhetoric could have prepared dudes for American voters to "disappoint" them.
for people so smart one would think somebody in their circle could point out the importance of basic human interaction, but when you are a mindless zombie maybe you lose that skill