What are "Southern Values" when it comes to progressive policies?

Daps
I've been living in south Carolina/Georgia my entire life. I don't resent Southerners prefer diet republican style Democrats.
I'm not interested in policing anyone's voting habits.

What I do resent, are these fake militant neoliberals who like to appropriate election results and bind them with "blackness".

The DNC operatives who are trying to make being a centrist democrat a fundamental element of being black.
That you have to give up your "black card" if you don't fall within that range

And these propagandists are going extra hard in pushing that idea onto black women.

It's like they're trying to establish black women as the Dora milaje of centrist dems or some shyt

Dap and rep. This phenomenon is one of the most vomit inducing and infuriating aspects of black politics.

It's why you had round the clock articles of how black women saved the universe by electing Doug Jones in Alabama and crickets about how nearly 20% of black women in Florida voted for a white supremacist in Desantis to be governor over a black man with a platform to the left of center dem politics.

Daps
I mean, people who talk about "Southern Values" who criminalize homeless people and the working class with some of the worst economic rights in a first-world country, according to the UN. I thought the example of Jesus Christ would make people a bit more considerable on economic policy in the southern states, but I now know why. The contemporary issues with it goes back to the last few years of MLK's life and him leading the poor people's movement.

It would be nice to have a proper counter attack against racist conservatives that run a huge portion of America with an iron fist. :ld: Guess the legacy of slavery, racism, and white supremacy is way too strong.

Funny how everybody :cape:for Southern conservatives in here passed over this post like it didn't exist.

:huhldup:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Funny how everybody :cape:for Southern conservatives in here passed over this post like it didn't exist.

:huhldup:

Well, let those people who defend the contradictory "values" have whatever time is left. Cause in 20 years, the entire political landscape and priorities system, will look entirely different.

Daps
Well, let those people who defend the contradictory "values" have whatever time is left. Cause in 20 years, the entire political landscape and priorities system, will look entirely different.

Unfortunately, so will the planet.

:francis:

Plus there's no guarantee we're even gonna have anything resembling a democracy in this country in 5 years, let alone 20.

And who's to say that the bitterness that the grandkids and great-grandkids of the older generation will have dealing with the problems that were left to them once these dinosaurs are finally once and for all extinct won't just force them to repeat the same cycle of scapegoating, selfishness, and ignorance?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately, so will the planet.

:francis:

Plus there's no guarantee we're even gonna have anything resembling a democracy in this country in 5 years, let alone 20.

And who's to say that the bitterness that the grandkids and great-grandkids of the older generation will have dealing with the problems that were left to them once these dinosaurs are finally once and for all extinct won't just force them to repeat the same cycle of scapegoating, selfishness, and ignorance?

Oh trust me, if Gen Y or Z becomes anything like the baby boomers when we get older, it won't even be a factor. The pushback towards anyone against economic progressive policies would be dealt brutally and swiftly. :demonic:

Like the Republican conservative of today's world wouldn't dare slander MLK or Civil Rights publically. That would be career suicide, unlike the conservative of the 1950's that screamed that black people dont deserve voting rights and deserve to be slaves again in the Jim Crow south.

Thats will be of what the conservative of tomorrow will face: having the unpopular opinion of being against progressive policies that the general public loves, like Medicare 4 All and Free College Tuition. Other words, they will never be happy with change that doesn't benefit the rich.

The only thing is, being on board with climate change. Thats something that even establishment Dems of today actually agree with (to an extent).

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Living here in Florida I'd say the biggest things are lack of education on politics and severe empathy issues
That’s not a Southern thing. That’s a problem across the entire country. For every highly educated and progressive Seattle, I can point to hundreds of towns in backwoods w/ low info voters in places like Walla Walla or Yakima. So this whole theory that southern Blacks are stupid because of who they voted for is not on reckless but racist af

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
That’s not a Southern thing. That’s a problem across the entire country. For every highly educated and progressive Seattle, I can point to hundreds of towns in backwoods w/ low info voters in places like Walla Walla or Yakima. So this whole theory that southern Blacks are stupid because of who they voted for is not on reckless but racist af

No one is talking about black voters. We talking about culture and the value system of that culture. That includes whites as well.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
No one is talking about black voters. We talking about culture and the value system of that culture. That includes whites as well.
My bad. Read it wrong. First portion of my post still matters. I can’t speak on Florida but living in Alabama, the value system and culture of black & white voters are on two completely opposite sides of the spectrum. There’s a middle ground on some items they both fundamentally agree on but beyond that, their ideals couldn’t be farther apart.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're making it a bernie thing but they wasnt rocking with any candidates for changing anything. :dead: Not steyer and reparations, not yang and UBI, not liz's plans etc.

Like of all people they chose the candidate pushing nothing in particular for policy
exactly. i told yall when this thing first started. for those people that need someone to say "black" before the word policy or reparations. They all should've been running behind Marianne Williamson. You could actually tell that crazy chick would've fought for it. where as steyer and others were just pumping lip service to some degree. but i agree with you even with the lip service. the people should've chose one of those others then. not biden. the biden pick = low info, low vision for the future. its a combo of both. low info can mean you are into politics but your only political outlets to learn about politicians are establishment dem based (MSNBC, CNN). Maybe you read a little politico(establishment dem based).

if this is where you're getting 100% of your info. then you will be lower informed than someone who is getting their info from other sources that are fine with presenting actual facts/data to backup their points while admitting who each hosts personally wants to win an election vs the big boys i named above try to lie and act as if they're unbiased. we know thats a hot da... lie now. because we saw them all come out HARD against bernie. SUPER hard. this is the 2nd time they've done that. so that mask is way off.

and yes we know for a fact a large amt of whtes in america are also low info low vision voters. we know this if for nothing else you had bush twice and trump.

But we're talking about southern blacks in this thread. and we also have to realize as black people sorry to say but as bad as we're treated here in america. we can't afford to be low information voters and low vision voters. we dont have the wiggle room like the broke whites do(they are having less wiggle room as the years go by as well.)

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
and you're wrong. it does work well for the working class. which is why sanders BY FAR has the most diverse coalition bar none.

who it doesnt work well on are selfish people that hide their selfishness. and it doesnt work on people that live on MSNBC/CNN as their main news outlets.

#1 is selfish and that is their underlining reason. the #2's are being hit with too much propaganda from the establishment/elites to know better.

The long winded posts are not to convince any of you. yall know what it is, we didnt need to tell any of you on here what bernie was about. go look it up stop being lazy. he has a 30 + year track record. i did you some solids and posted his time as mayor. you have more than enough info on this guy to know if he's about that life or not. and if you still choose someone else. then its clear that you're a #1 and or you're afraid to try out of a fear of disappointment.

Funny that you're the one who responded to his post. He described you perfectly without even trying and you came right in and proved his post to be entirely accurate.