What are some truths/patterns you’ve learned about people throughout your life?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So they can feel better about themselves.
I don't know what it is but these m************ got the biggest mouths in the world. Want to be all nice Kiki ended up but low key they shaved a lot of people and spread everyone's business around like it's nothing. T
Dime drop Lords

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
THIS IS FACT

Also if you're an a$$hole all the time and ppl like you, it's cool

But if you're "nice" a lot, and ppl think you're an a$$hole one time, they'll treat you like an a$$hole
Notice this a lot in my personal life. I’m generally really kind to people, but then the one time I find my boundaries breached, or find myself being wronged by another person, the moment I speak up/ act/ stand up for myself it’s me that’s the bad guy.

so many situations where i got did dirty, spoke up and then found myself being the one apologizing :dwillhuh:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Do you want to know a secret?

Everyone is bored. Everyone.
A big part of society revolves around proving to others what a great time you're having, how "not bored" you are, or how you can be engaged and amused. It's all just a big joke. Social media, sports, advertising, concerts, even your relationship, whatever...it's all to try to alleviate your boredom for a short while. And if they can get some money out of you, even better.

Bread and Circuses, yo.
I would venture to say that what you describe here is more “distraction” than to stave off boredom.
It is all designed to feed us things to do to keep us occupied.

Right after Labor Day, Halloween decorations up.
Right after Halloween, make your plans for Thanksgiving.

Day after Thanksgiving - Black Friday shopping, Christmas decorations up and Christmas music playing.
Right after Christmas, what are your resolutions for the new year?
All January is for football because the Super Bowl is coming.
Right after Super Bowl, Valentines’ Day coming (I heard V-Day is literally the day after the Super Bowl next year).
After that, where you going for vacation on Spring Break?
Hey - Mardi Gras, Lent, Easter coming up after that.
Not long after that, Memorial Day and Mother’s Day. What are you doing for Mom?

Then it’s Summer after that, which leads to all kindsa extra chit to do - and you have to do it, because you can’t just stay inside...that’s boring.

And like you say, of course you got your regular life to live and things to do...and you have to report to everybody on social media.

It’s like it’s not okay to not have your “free” time accounted for.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice this a lot in my personal life. I’m generally really kind to people, but then the one time I find my boundaries breached, or find myself being wronged by another person, the moment I speak up/ act/ stand up for myself it’s me that’s the bad guy.

so many situations where i got did dirty, spoke up and then found myself being the one apologizing :dwillhuh:
Yes this one
People tend to put you in certain roles or categories, so once you break out of that role some people do not how to react.

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
Something I’ve come to see is that living in “the truth” just plain feels better. Less to worry about, less to remember.

People will try to make you feel bad/ weird for caring about and trying to better yourself.

As much as people say to be yourself and express yourself, the moment you do, it’s likely those same people might begin to dislike you. I think it’s really important to appreciate our differences. Being “you” is a really tough thing to do.

At least for me personally, discipline and self control are the keys to a life of abundance.

I believe life is super hard at default, but I also believe that we as individuals do a lot to make our hard lives even harder.

Our questions are simple, and often times we already have the answers to them.

Something I believe can be applied to any/ every situation is that the first step/ day/ part is typically always the hardest

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you want to know a secret?

Everyone is bored. Everyone.
A big part of society revolves around proving to others what a great time you're having, how "not bored" you are, or how you can be engaged and amused. It's all just a big joke. Social media, sports, advertising, concerts, even your relationship, whatever...it's all to try to alleviate your boredom for a short while. And if they can get some money out of you, even better.
It's no wonder people live vicariously through celebrities or entertainers

BeBorn

Westside Chicago 32212
Daps
Reppin
Westside chicago
From what I've seen other than your mom most time nobody cares

The casket ain't go no leg room

The world don't owe you shyt

Humans are trash

People only tell what they want you to know

Holding grudges is for the miserable