godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fate/Zero. Its got that rare combination of grade A animation, authentic characters and a gripping plot that moves at a nice pace. Starts off a little slow with the first ep being an hour long introduction but once it picks up :banderas:

Parasyte and Psycho Pass share the same genre as DTB. Even better if you ask me

Not much out there as good as FMAB & HxH truthfully. Those are some GOAT's but Gintama & Code Geass are incredibly well revered among the anime community for good reason. Have your 90's classics like Yu Yu Hakusho which is by the same person who created HxH, Rurouni Kenshin and Neon Genesis Evangelion probably the most controversial anime ever. If you found Nina's transformation and all the other crap the Elrics went through to be compelling, should probably give that a shot

& if you mean Rainbow as in that depressing prison anime I'd go with Gungrave which has similar themes of friendship, brotherly bonds & tragedy as well as something airing this season in Gangsta which has the same tone.

This is a credited and helpful post! I discovered Fate/Zero a year or so ago and the series revitalized my interest in anime. Parasyte is another series I heard of but didn't know the name. I'll try it along with Psycho pass, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gangsta.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
This is a credited and helpful post! I discovered Fate/Zero a year or so ago and the series revitalized my interest in anime. Parasyte is another series I heard of but didn't know the name. I'll try it along with Psycho pass, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gangsta.

Could go on forever about those four, truly some of the best one can hope to come across in their respective genres. I have no doubt you'll enjoy them especially since I've seen you post around here and strike me as very intelligent, so you could really wind up appreciating the psychological analysis in Neon Genesis Evangelion and Parasyte

Gone through a couple periods myself where I stop watching for months on end just b/c, but then I come across that one unique anime with a perspective I'd never seen before and it hooks me all over again. A very rewarding entertainment medium

Uri

Propane and propane accessories.
Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
I liked the voice-over tease at the end about him saving the girl either pushing him into darkness or saving his soul. Especially because the voice-over is so hilariously expository and pretentious.

Sometimes it hard to take him serious. Cracks me up every time he says "Oh my Buddha."

nostalgicfool

YEAAAOH
Daps
Fantastic of Shokugeki no Soma this week. What I love most about this anime is that it's not just focusing on Soma, but it also focuses on other characters such as with Hisako and Erina's stalker this week. I think it's great that it focuses on other characters since it gives you a reason to care about what they do and it makes it feel that there's variety in that world.

Also, fukking proud of my girl Megumi. Cutting that monkfish to perfection and shutting up those doubters :banderas: Her backstory on training to cut the monkfish was so damn adorable :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: Uri

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I just watched Rokka :dwillhuh:

and this is the episode where I finally decided its a really good show too :mjcry:

LOL @ arslan tho. crossdressing is undefeated
Rokka really surprised me i thought it was going to be a basic 20 something ep made anime where everyone gets together and kill the demon lord in the end with the giving amount of EP but it took a turn and i was wrong and i am :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fate/Zero. Its got that rare combination of grade A animation, authentic characters and a gripping plot that moves at a nice pace. Starts off a little slow with the first ep being an hour long introduction but once it picks up :banderas:

Parasyte and Psycho Pass share the same genre as DTB. Even better if you ask me

Not much out there as good as FMAB & HxH truthfully. Those are some GOAT's but Gintama & Code Geass are incredibly well revered among the anime community for good reason. Have your 90's classics like Yu Yu Hakusho which is by the same person who created HxH, Rurouni Kenshin and Neon Genesis Evangelion probably the most controversial anime ever. If you found Nina's transformation and all the other crap the Elrics went through to be compelling, should probably give that a shot

& if you mean Rainbow as in that depressing prison anime I'd go with Gungrave which has similar themes of friendship, brotherly bonds & tragedy as well as something airing this season in Gangsta which has the same tone.
Code Geass is the original beautiful trainwreck. It is not a textbook good anime but it manages to entertain.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Oh that's right, I almost forgot about that.
shyt was perfect comedy :francis: both Megumi and Isshiki was so serious and :wow: Isshiki was so scared Megumi was about to win then he brought up that she was picked for the election and she was :damn:

• Dap
Reactions: Uri

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Code Geass is the original beautiful trainwreck. It is not a textbook good anime but it manages to entertain.

Entertainment is the bottom line, no? That'll differ from each and every individual but the overwhelming consensus has been that its a compelling drama with popcorn visuals, moving OST's, polarizing characters and a climax that ranks up there with any of its era. Ending of R2 was really something to behold

Textbook is something that can only be applied to a handful of stuff out there so sure its not that, and it'll be hard for the likes of CG, GL, Eureka or any mecha/drama to reach the standard Neon Genesis set twenty years ago. If you judge it based on that it pales by comparison, take it for what it is then most would agree its a special series.