42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Summer Anime 2015 is lowkey putting out some dope soundtracks...

Still watching Akagami no Shirayukihime and I really thought this was gonna stay a laid back quasi-slice of life/romance, but shyt got :merchant: this week. Zen out there trying to talk shyt out, Goon A wanting to start up a hostage situation, Mitsuhide and Prince Izana like fukk everything breathing :demonic:. Animation was kinda on point too. Really shocked to see shows like this put together better fights than some of the bigger names out there.

• Dap
Reactions: Uri

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Summer Anime 2015 is lowkey putting out some dope soundtracks...

Still watching Akagami no Shirayukihime and I really thought this was gonna stay a laid back quasi-slice of life/romance, but shyt got :merchant: this week. Zen out there trying to talk shyt out, Goon A wanting to start up a hostage situation, Mitsuhide and Prince Izana like fukk everything breathing :demonic:. Animation was kinda on point too. Really shocked to see shows like this put together better fights than some of the bigger names out there.
list those soundtracks bruh

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Kekkai Sensen and Gangsta are gonna be dope OSTs, no question. God Eater is remixing some tracks from the game, and they're kinda surprising. Akagami is lowkey solid composition if you're into laid back stuff.

I've always been surprised at where good OSTs come from though. I thought Mawaru Penguindrum was one of the weirdest, most off the wall and pretentious shows ever but it produced some amazing tracks.

*really depends on what you're into, of couse

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
Just made it 20 episodes into kuroko's basketball and BOYYY! Aomine hitting them nikkas with the straight hot sauce moves. They way you guys talk about it I know it's only gonna get better. 3 season to go!!

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Just made it 20 episodes into kuroko's basketball and BOYYY! Aomine hitting them nikkas with the straight hot sauce moves. They way you guys talk about it I know it's only gonna get better. 3 season to go!!
all praises to da gawd aomine :banderas:i really wish i could watch kuroko for the first time all over again

first time i saw him cross kagami :lawd:

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
all praises to da gawd aomine :banderas:i really wish i could watch kuroko for the first time all over again

first time i saw him cross kagami :lawd:

Breh I made it too the kise vs. aomine game I don't remember the last time a show had me this hype. My weekends are done. I wanna thank the coli for all the piff it's given me

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Just finished Eureka Seven. Putting it in the same tier as Inuyasha, compelling action romance with a countless amount of emotional scenes and jarring characters. Maybe higher since the plot was much more coherent by comparison. Renton was cringeworthy in the first half but started to mature as the story progressed (even got taller I think) and grew on me by the end. Went from a young immature boy at the height of naivety to a young man who saved the world. Eureka's growth from start to finish was one of the better character development arcs I've ever seen, off the top I can only name Shinichi from Parasyte as better. Together she & Renton formed a bridge between two races to live in harmony, definitely one of the more heartwarming love stories in anime.

Thoroughly enjoyed Anemone's arc too. 3rd best female character I've come across behind only Holo from Spice and Wolf & Megumi from Nodame Cantabile. Gonna put her in my top ten char spot on MAL

My top five romance anime are now

1. Nodame Cantabile
2. Spice & Wolf
3. Eureka 7
4. Inuyasha
5. Nagi no Asukara

Gonna remember it for a long time

Might start AO tomorrow after work although I hear its trash which concerns me

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just finished Eureka Seven. Putting it in the same tier as Inuyasha, compelling action romance with a countless amount of emotional scenes and jarring characters. Maybe higher since the plot was much more coherent by comparison. Renton was cringeworthy in the first half but started to mature as the story progressed (even got taller I think) and grew on me by the end. Went from a young immature boy at the height of naivety to a young man who saved the world. Eureka's growth from start to finish was one of the better character development arcs I've ever seen, off the top I can only name Shinichi from Parasyte as better. Together she & Renton formed a bridge between two races to live in harmony, definitely one of the more heartwarming love stories in anime.

Thoroughly enjoyed Anemone's arc too. 3rd best female character I've come across behind only Holo from Spice and Wolf & Megumi from Nodame Cantabile. Gonna put her in my top ten char spot on MAL

My top five romance anime are now

1. Nodame Cantabile
2. Spice & Wolf
3. Eureka 7
4. Inuyasha
5. Nagi no Asukara

Gonna remember it for a long time

Might start AO tomorrow after work although I hear its trash which concerns me
No Golden Time or Toradora! or Pet Girl of Sakurasou or Ano Natsu de Matteru? You left off almost all my favorite shows and your #5 was painful to watch. It's like a chain of unrequited love. I made it to the time jump and nobody on that show up to that point actually liked anybody else that was into them. Everybody liked a person that was into someone else.

AO was decent but if you compare it to the original it's trash and just a head's up the ending has ZERO closure.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re-watching parts of that Jotaro vs. Dio fight. The way that bruh just busted out that steam roller outta nowhere onto Jotaro :damn:

Jotaro's reaction being a combination of :dahell::damn::why::martin: "Why the fukk not? It's Dio :francis:"...

Dio was trolling the hell outta those boys :wow:

I'm glad you enjoyed Stardust Crusaders... the slow pacing killed it for me... compared to Parts 1 & 2. I'm stuck on episode 15 of the first season.

And I consider JoJo a 10/10 anime for what it delivered

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
No Golden Time or Toradora! or Pet Girl of Sakurasou or Ano Natsu de Matteru? You left off almost all my favorite shows and your #5 was painful to watch. It's like a chain of unrequited love. I made it to the time jump and nobody on that show up to that point actually liked anybody else that was into them. Everybody liked a person that was into someone else.

AO was decent but if you compare it to the original it's trash and just a head's up the ending has ZERO closure.

No GT, Pet Girl or Ano Natsu didn't consider them to be anything over a 8/10. Very good though. Have you seen Nodame and Spice & Wolf? I understand the gripes with Inuyasha but the romance was Rumiko Takahashi at her finest, particularly if you understand Kikyo's character and have seen the continuation not just stopping at the original.

Unrequited love that has potential to develop into reciprocated feelings is a pretty important dramatic element of romance so I didn't mind it in Nagi no Asakura. nor do I dislike slow progressing romances if the plot is there and a non generic, powerful theme is being utilized which it was in racism/discrimination between the land & sea dwelers. Never before had I seen that intertwined into the story of a romantic anime before. Animation is probably the best I've seen in a non movie, OST's were gripping and overall I found it to be a great anime that gave you more than just romance and introduced real world obstacles that added great drama to the circumstances. To each their own but I found it to be brilliant, don't understand the painful to watch sentiment. Star Driver, Ladies & Butlers were painful to watch

Tora Dora was outstanding, but I'm gonna put it behind those five. I just tend to favor romances with another element besides just love and comedy. Something extra that can help accentuate that drama and keep me thinking. Everything in my top 5 has this and I'd probably put Honey & Clover before it too

continuing those rankings

6. Honey & Clover
7. Your Lie in April
8. Tora Dora
9. Ef. Tale of Memories
10. Anohana

And there's a good chunk of quality series that are either manga/novel exclusive or the anime doesn't have enough seasons to cover the source material. If that wasn't an anime only list then HakoMari, Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, Dengeki Daisy, Nozoki Ana, Velvet Kiss, Sundome, Special A, Suzuka, Onani Master Kurosawa, Our Happy Hours so on and so forth would be up there. Need to rewatch Clannad before ranking as I've forgotten much of it aside from the obvious parts & five centimeters per second is on my plan to watch list

Last edited:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Started watching death parade, a physiological thriller. Pretty interesting actually, there's only been one physical fight so far but it's good :manny:

Edit:
Brehs you gotta watch this. I'm at the finale now :damn::damn:

Last edited: