tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man Witt is going too hard on the series. They added the Smash Bros background :skip:

Screen_Shot_2024-08-21_at_2.53.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-21_at_2.53.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-21_at_2.54.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-21_at_2.54.06_PM.png

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just the good messenger like usual but if u can avoid any jjk news if possible if ur a anime only fan sheesh

Only god damn this and aot I can recall where shyt runs wild and damn near hard to avoid

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Slime would be a next level show if it kept up the pacing of the second half of season 2.
:dahell:

I fukk with TenSura more than most people here but the stuff in the 2nd half of S2 and the first half of S3 is awful pacing for anime. World building is dope, but direction lacks. Tbh you might as well-read the novel with how they present this stuff. You get take advantage of the medium. TenSura does not do that well.

Anyone who is watched any of the Monogatari series knows that you can make engaging anime where it is people talking 97% of the time.

Yeah slice of life is cool but sitting at board meetings forever is not what I had in mind
The problem is when the content adds no value. There are instances where I watched an episode and was like it was like a bunch of talking in Tempest that added nothing to the current plot. You got Rimuru with his yes-men.

Tbh S1 and the 2nd half of S3 do things much better. Personalities shine, world building is done much better and is more interesting.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finishing up DanMachi S2 and tbh. On a rewatch, I think I prefer S2 because the content is much more interesting than S1. Pacing is the biggest thing that is worse in S2. The last two episodes provided insight on a few things. The first being what seems to be something that would be more the final arc of the series and finishing up the Quest dealing with the Black Dragon. Cool lore drop. Wish the show focused more on it.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-21_at_10.00.29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-21_at_10.01.04_AM.png

The rest of the episode was a focus on the God and Goddesses which we haven't gotten too much yet. More so the point of Bell cherishing Hestia, but understanding the cruel fact that while they live forever, mortals don't. Even the worst people get reincarnated back on earth and obviously with no memories. It holds a question how do they deal with the children that they cherish moves on and passes on? How do they proceed if they can't find their child reincarnated?

Adding to the point, the lifespan of a human can seem like a blink of an eye for God & Goddesses.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dahell:

I fukk with TenSura more than most people here but the stuff in the 2nd half of S2 and the first half of S3 is awful pacing for anime. World building is dope, but direction lacks. Tbh you might as well-read the novel with how they present this stuff. You get take advantage of the medium. TenSura does not do that well.

Anyone who is watched any of the Monogatari series knows that you can make engaging anime where it is people talking 97% of the time.

The problem is when the content adds no value. There are instances where I watched an episode and was like it was like a bunch of talking in Tempest that added nothing to the current plot. You got Rimuru with his yes-men.

Tbh S1 and the 2nd half of S3 do things much better. Personalities shine, world building is done much better and is more interesting.
The second half of season 2 had some solid battles in it. Most of Slime comes across as meandering dull slice of life. Hell even Shuna got to shine at the end there.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
What's worse slime board meetings or jobless reincarnation ED arc
Slime Tempest meetings when the tone is serious it is boring af. It is much more interesting when it focuses on the other faction, since we know Rimuru will steamroll the competition.

Tbh Before I dropped it during the beginning of S2 I thought the MT school arc would be how he would use the school's resources to help find his mom. Then it really turned into an ED arc I was like na I am out :mjlol: :hubie:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Starting DanMachi S3. As anyone who is familiar with the show, the literal translation of the series is "Is it wrong to seek encounters in the dungeon". Since that refers to Bell meeting Aiz at the beginning of the series. Though the series' official title "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" makes what happens in the first episode of S3 funny because the first girl that he picks up in the dungeon an intelligent monster.

Though on a serious note, Bell is someone who wants to be the hero. As seen in previous seasons with Lili and Haruhime where he is the "hero" that saves them. Tbh this feels very cliché. Here he sees a a monster girl, which is later named Wiene crying in the dungeon. Bell aims to be the hero that saves girls in trouble. But when he sees a monster girl and still chooses that, you really get the sense he is set on being the hero that Hermes is aiming for him to become.

Essentially having conviction in your ideals so much that you still push to save a monster where the ideal in the world of monsters coexisting with is unthinkable.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_8.57.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_9.00.35_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
2.5 Dimension Seduction as a cosplay series bringing up the question of if you have to be invested in the character you are cosplaying is an interesting topic to me. This is the kind of thing that would have been nice if My Dress Up Darling dived into more. Though that is more so a RomCom with a cosplay theme.

Personally, I disagree with Nagomi. The way we dress up is the way we express ourselves in many ways. Now take that with cosplaying. We cosplay various characters. What this is bringing the characters back to life. We saw how much attention to detail Ririsa has for Lillel as she brings the character to life and has a special spark to her that got people's attention.

Regarding Nagomi she says she loves cosplaying and cosplayers more than anyone. The thing that makes cosplaying unique is that again you are bringing a character to life. But she has no attachment to the characters she is cosplaying. Someone like Ririsa will notice the little things as she mentioned before with the Lillel design. Are you really cosplaying to your full potential if you never have an attachment to who you are cosplaying?

Of course, there is the angle of this character has such as awesome design. As a professional, you need to make the business decision, so you have to understand where Nagomi is coming from. Of course, does she truly believe what she said to Ririsa was right?

I give props to this episode. It really dived into a more fundamental question regarding cosplaying.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Rimuru realizing the presence of the Elven Empresses is no joke when he sees Gazeru shytting himself after she comes to the party. :pachaha: Considering the presence he gives in front of Rimuru. He must be shytting himself when she said she wanted to have a 1-on-1 conversation with him. :sadcam: Not to mention she came from riding a Giant dragon that is almost as big as Veldora in his dragon form.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_12.29.22_PM.png

Meanwhile, Shuna turning :demonic: at the mention of disrespect of the cooking she made. The anagogy she made of cooking being similar to Tempest and MIlim's Territory being a bunch of different monsters coming together was cool. :ehh:. Rimuru Deadass never thought it would be that deep :mjlol:. Plus she made sure to take a shot at Shion's cooking while she had the spotlight :pachaha:

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_12.44.50_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Look Back, which is written by Chainsaw Man and Fire Punch creator Tatsuki Fujimoto has an English release date.