tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
NieR Automata Ver1.1 Episode 19

Fantastic episode.

This episode was great at showcasing 9S descending to madness. Starting with 21O another android that 9S deeply cares about is gone. But to add onto it, she kills herself to save 9S. She wanted a family. Thus, she told 9S to stay away to protect him. Killhserself to save him again because he is family. She can be a little cold, but you can easily see cared about 9S.

9S just killing off the inactive Machines makes for an ironic scene. He always figured that Machines aren't capable of thinking with logic as far as I remember. The ironic part that is that 9S was no longer thinking logically. As there was no reason to kill the inactive machine. His emotions getting the best of him there.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The pacing in this episode felt faster than normal. Adonis's dad is now dead? Like Adonis and Belle's relationship just went from Belle just figuring them out and then whoa not only are they friendly, but some major flirting. I don't mind it, but would have been nice to get some information about what happened during the battle.

We are introduced to Funeral Rain which cleanses the sign of battle. Interesting that they have assignments for this. I guess the question is: Why do they do this? It says it absorbs all blood and grudges? Essentially symbolizing the conflict is done. But is it as simple as that?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_2.43.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_2.43.51_PM.png

Sherry we meet is a lead Singer for that group and is quite the princess both figurative and literally. I get the sense that Sherry only knew of singing and that's all her life revolved around. So in a way when Belle was concerned and that shocked Sherry because singing was the only thing that her life revolved. Belle might be Sherry's first, and she really needed someone to lean on.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_4.16.56_PM.png

A bunch of stuff regarding Adonis was interesting. He fills the role of an examiner and in ways, revives swords. The issue is what happened with Tiziano. That issue was more so the mental issues a mermaid might suffer from. At least a silver lining that it isn't the sword that is the issue. The whole curse of Adonis is rather sad as he degrades the swords he touches. It simply came because the blood of a nomad infected his father's before he was born. I assume since it doesn't spread into the person, but more so their offsprings. Does this mean the same will happen to Adonis's kids?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_4.24.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_4.39.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-23_at_4.40.47_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Tbh this MHA episode would have hit a lot harder if they did a better job fleshing out the side cast. It was a good idea, but I don't remember much prejudice with Anthropomorphic characters in this series.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
After 6.5 it talked about how beautiful both in her appearance and soul Princess Acerola. God damn they showcased that perfectly in the episode. The challenge of that vampire lady is to be able to eat Acerola. Which we know the presence of her in 6.5 caused everyone to admire and kill themselves.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_12.00.55_PM.png

We are introduced to Deathtopia Virtuoso Suicide-Master this episode. Following the trend for Shinobu's vampire name, another interesting vampire name. She also has a vampire servant of the name Tropicalesque Home-A-Wave Dog-Strings. For her waking realizing she died for not eating enough. So the issue for her is that she will only eat what she kills. It seems she desires to only eat humans and since everyone in the kingdom died because of Acerola creates quite an issue. I do love her confidence and arrogance. It gives her a vibe we see with Shinobu in the present. But at the same time, it feels stronger in some ways.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_11.44.23_AM.png

So the interesting thing for Deathtopia is that the sight of Princess Acerola would make her want to eat her. This creates a contradiction as we know the beauty of Acerola's soul is so grand that she would feel guilty for wanting to eat her. Killing herself and since she is immortal, she would wake back up. The cycle is doomed to repeat.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_11.50.53_AM.png

I like the thing Deathtopia brings up in that "How many people need to die to find the one you are meant to save?". It raises the question, is this person worth it in that all of these countless lives die in the process? From what I am understanding is that when it mentioned last week that Acerola can't die. The sense I am getting is less she is immortal, but the curse or spell the witch put her on won't allow herself to kill herself. Much in the manner those people feel they have to kill themselves in the presence of Acerola. Acerola's curse doesn't allow her to comprehend she can kill herself basically. That is my guess.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_11.56.48_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_11.57.56_AM.png

Deathtopia seems insistent on eating Acerola. In which she decides that she will help her dispel the curse. Of course, that would imply being able to kill and eat her. It is safe to assume that Acerola in Deathtopia's eyes is such a grand meal that she can't pass this opportunity up. I am curious how their dynamic is and how Acerola's story before she becomes a vampire unfolds.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_12.00.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_12.00.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_12.09.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_12.09.53_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Elusive Samurai Episode 8

We finished adapting the rest of chapter 18 as well as chapter 19+20.
I assume that will want to focus on chapters 21+22 for next week. I am curious where they end the episode.

Overall, this did a great episode to showcase Fubuki and Shokan. Fubuki preparations were very on point to go against Shokan and his men. But Shokan in return knew what the situation was and how to approach it. Though the difference being Fubuki is kind much like Tokiyuki. Everyone's safety was top priority. However, that is not the case for Shokan. Who would use his men to get over the iced lake.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.30.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.22.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.23.16_PM.png

Armors really showcasing to be affective which we don't get a focus too much. It showcased that even Kojiro and Ayako together would have a hard time against Shokan. Interesting idea to trap Shokan and put him one on one against Tokiyuki. Shokan is a great warrior and Tokiyuki we know who is great at alluding.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.28.22_PM.png

But what they really showcased is how Tokiyuki couldn't comprehend how much of a scum Shokan is. At least here he would have no regrets in cutting him down as the world would be a better place without him. Killing him would do the world a service. Enjoying the pain of causing pain to kids making them slaves. Adding on killing their parents and thinking of the kids as nothing, but money. Fubuki has a plan for Tokiyuki and before the ED starts it seems it is working.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.30.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.34.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.34.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_2.35.48_PM.png

I do give credit to both Ayako and Kojiro for trusting Fubuki's plan because leaving their lord alone with the enemy General is risky given the plan is from someone whom they first met. It does seem Fubuki's plan was to have Kojiro and Ayako team up against who on the surface appears to be the strongest of the four. But in reality it is the one Fubuki will be fighting.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Tbh this MHA episode would have hit a lot harder if they did a better job fleshing out the side cast. It was a good idea, but I don't remember much prejudice with Anthropomorphic characters in this series.
Yeah, I think we've only seen it last season with the tall fox woman who was rejected, but other than that the series has been light about that. I guess it makes some sense due to dialogue in episode where they called the 2 students city dwellers where they don't have as much animosity towards them. I guess we also see Spinner was an outcast due to looking like a lizard. Other than that I guess they don't touch on it much. It does seem a bit odd when the principal of UA is one. I guess it goes back to being in the major city it's not as bad, but when you're outside of it, it's awful.

I agree it would've landed if they showed more of the animosity towards them throughout the series because we all got small moments about it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I got to love the image Natsuki had of the woman who he had thought saved him. He was in so much denial it looked like a grown up Atri. Of course, as logical as he is, he couldn't deny it.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.17.41_PM.png

Atri's feelings and emotions are actually a really interesting thing. I got to love her and Ririka going over the love book. The date was cute. Especially how Atri talked about saying the high heels don't allow for optimal performance, but chose an even less optimal one since she would be closer to matching Natsuki's height.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.33.44_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.37.19_PM.png

Also, despite Atri improvement for cooking, she makes mistakes. I think for Natsuki seeing that made him happy because her ability to make mistakes is a human trait. Just again, Atri is a really interesting character.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.39.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.41.28_PM.png

Catherine's words to Natsuki hold a point. Emotions go with irrational thinking. As sometimes our emotions lead us to act without thinking. After all, we saw Atri did that when she rocket punched Catherine. It worked out, but obviously wasn't the logical action at the time. Saving Minamo at the time would make Natsuki the most happy. If we assume that is her primary objective. What happens if the action she takes has bigger consequences? Also, more and more we have a shady group following Atri. This gives me a bad feeling in my stomach.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.27.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.27.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.27.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_4.27.27_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yatagarasu: The Raven Does Not Choose Its Master Episode 16

This was a lot to unpack, but still a great episode.

So truly just going to Koume's house couldn't just be an easy task for Yukiya. We learn that Koume's family are water peddlers. I do wonder why did the water dry up? Koume makes it seem like it was just an easy way to make money. I have to ask why did it dry up? Something with her dad is up. Last episode, it sounded like she depended on him and couldn't imagine he could be gone. But now she says he was a lowlife that leeched money from her. What could be the actual truth? Like they mentioned in the episode, her bringing up Yukiya's connection to the prince has to be calculated in some way?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.38.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.38.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.41.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.41.07_PM.png

Koume's remarks about Yukiya def hurt. I guess in many ways she doesn't know his actual situation. We all know she doesn't know who Yukiya truly is. As given when he worked with Wakamiya he was hardworking and diligent. I guess at home he gives off a spoiled kid vibes. Given that she mentioned the Prince, she immediately paints herself as the victim, it's hard not be suspect of her in some way now.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.42.55_PM.png

Nice surprise to see it is Hamayuu rather than Wakamiya. A lot that she mentions is both interesting and important. Basically, the Non-Aggression pact was a way so that the rulers in Yamuchi and Ravine would stay out of each other's way. So what did Koume's father do that got him in hot water? More and more, we see Yukiya's concerns about Koume having merit. Why was she the only one alive? What would be achieved by that? Her father put her in a specific chest. More things are suspicious, and I got a feeling he is still alive in Ravine.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.44.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.47.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.48.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_5.49.36_PM.png

We see a shot at Masuho and I believe Shiratama. They don't agree with Hamayuu's decision regarding Koume. I will be interested in how they interact with her. I do give credit to Natsuka. Yes, taking care of the underworld is important, but having Wakamiya done there is too risky. More so because there is no benefit. Yukiya getting some experienced is one plus in bringing him. I like it that they serve Wakamiya, but they aren't yes-men.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_6.03.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_6.04.04_PM.png

Meanwhile, the conversation that Yukiya and Wakamiya have is really interesting when they first meet up. Part of his job is to patch tears. Essentially, we can think of tears like a cut. There is a whole boundary that separates Yamuchi from the outside world. It begs the question of what is this outside world? This is one dynamic that really intrigues me. Thinking that those monkeys came from the outside world is very logical. Considering that Wakamiya is the only person who can do this, it puts a lot of pressure on him to protect the Yatagarasu.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_6.00.00_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_6.00.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_6.00.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_6.06.55_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Very intriguing setup episode. Kengo sure likes requesting Kobato's aid even if he immediately said he didn't deny it. Even the map to the place where Kengo's GF works. He was definitely odd in this episode. There is something about how Osanai elaborates on sweets where you know she is a true sweets fanatic. It is a very charming part of her character.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_8.52.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_8.52.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_8.52.54_PM.png

Now something about Osanai and what is she plotting. I believe that refusing the acquaintance's help is talking about herself rather than Kengo's request to Kobato. After all, wouldn't she say a friend's request? Also, the two different outfits. IMO she didn't want to be noticed in the restaurant. When you add about the mention of her mom mentioning her being on the phone at night, this implies she is likely involved with the same group as Kengo. Lastly, the timing that Osanai told Kobato to come to her house couldn't be more perfect. I am intrigued how the next episode will proceed.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_8.29.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_8.30.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_9.00.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-24_at_9.02.46_PM.png

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Just finished:

The Garden of Sinners: The movies were dope, but strange as shyt; the last few movies sucked except 9.

DS: That arc was ass except the last 2 episodes. Episode 8 was one of my favorite episodes, especially the ending

:ohlawd::ohlawd:

SS Isekai: Was funny. I’d watch another season.

My current list is pretty full now:

DB Super: I’m trying.

Fate/Stay Night: Pretty good so far and has my interest the most. Didn’t think I’d watch this series because there’s so many of them, but it’s cool.

TOG: fukk Rachel. I’m glad my boy Baam on his cold shyt now. Season 2 is decent so far.

Nier: Just started season 2.

Oshinoko: It’s ok for right now.

Windbreaker: The fights are good, but I’m just not feeling it.