tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Wistoria: Wand and Sword Episode 7

Chapters 9+10 were adapted here. They adapted these chapters beautifully. Julius being surrounded by the toddler Elife's was great.

On the surface, this episode was Will's fight with Julius. But what it actually was a focus on how much of a genius Elfie is. Remember she is the same age as Will and Julius. Julius in this case simply became too arrogant in his boasting. Yes, it is impressive that Julius could use one of Elfie's 12 masterpiece spells. He let that confidence get to his head.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.27.18_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.28.22_AM.png

She crafted Ars Weiss when she was two years old. A spell that Julius learned at 16 years old was mastered at 2 by Elfie. That is all you need to know about the gap between Julius and Elfie. Adding to the point, we see Elfie creating 10 clones at two years old.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.42.59_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.48.13_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.49.44_AM.png

This was essentially brawn + brain vs magic. While magic is king in this world, it is not undefeatable. Every spell has its rules. Strengths and weaknesses. Will knowing where the real Julius is a big advantage on his side. He was able to defeat him. Funny reminder that the attack crown was still going on. Wignall got it when Will & Julius's fight ended. Though we know Will is happy with what he accomplished.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.47.00_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.47.02_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.47.04_AM.png

A few things to note. Sarissa (the woman besides Elfie) made a comment that the competition wrapped up. However, Elfie was fully aware of what Will said. Clearly she had eyes on the contest and given Rosti and Iris's conversation last episode, it seems evident that Rosti represents Elfie in some way. A lot of times childhood friend relationships aren't done well in anime. But the anime so far has done a fantastic job of showcasing that Elfie & Will were not only childhood friends and Elfie loved Will. Given Will's motivation to reunite with Elfie much is the same on his side.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_8.55.26_AM.png

timeless

All Star
Daps
Finished The Witch & The Beast finally and I'm sad 😔. It got so much better towards the end with all the lore drops. The character development was starting to show. I think I found one of my favorite shows to watch.

Still watching Fire Force.

I checked out 2 other shows just to see what they were on. The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible and Wistoria: Wand & Sword. Both pretty good shows so far. Ossan follows a similar theme as Kaiju#8 with the whole "over-30-following-your-dreams" thing and I'm not complaining. It's nice. Difference is that Rick is oblivious to his inherent strength while Kafka is only strong due to the Kaiju. Wistoria reminds me so much of Black Clover 😲 like damn near identical stories. I don't know how I feel about it just yet, but I'll keep watching.

Current Watchlist:

Fire Force: So, so good. I hate that season 3 might be the last 😔
Tower of God: I binged this recently and now I understand why everyone hates Rachel. Lol she's such an opportunist. It's a shame she doesn't realize she's already a star in the eyes of Bam.
Wistoria: Wand and Sword: The recent episode was nice. Julius thought he did something, but sadly he was mistaken. Will humbled him in front of the entire school. That's one more enemy added to the roster.
Delico's Nursery: Seen it was about vampires, so I had to watch it. It's cute and funny. I'm excited to see some more action, but I like the story so far.
Failure Frame: I foresee that the little elf girl with leopardman is exactly who Hati is looking for. Could be wrong tho.
The Ossan Newbie Adventurer: I'm enjoying how oblivious Rick Gladiator is to his own strength lol Angelica might be member number six of the strongest hunter gang in the nation.
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: I'm holding off on watching until a few more episodes accumulate. I'm kinda over the festival arc at this point.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Current Watchlist:

Wistoria: Wand and Sword: The recent episode was nice. Julius thought he did something, but sadly he was mistaken. Will humbled him in front of the entire school. That's one more enemy added to the roster.
Failure Frame: I foresee that the little elf girl with leopardman is exactly who Hati is looking for. Could be wrong tho.
The Ossan Newbie Adventurer: I'm enjoying how oblivious Rick Gladiator is to his own strength lol Angelica might be member number six of the strongest hunter gang in the nation.
Been watching all these and they're all solid. Wistoria is giving Oshi no Ko a run for my favorite show of the season. Failure Frame isn't a textbook example of a good show but I'm entertained by it.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Been watching all these and they're all solid. Wistoria is giving Oshi no Ko a run for my favorite show of the season. Failure Frame isn't a textbook example of a good show but I'm entertained by it.
I've never heard of that show. Is it good?

To be honest, I'm just curious if Hati will get his revenge on the Goddess. I need to see her face the consequences of throwing our main out. :demonic:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Getting back to Mission: Yozakura Family after putting it on hold for a bit while I was binging Monogatari.

Episode 17 was really nice. I liked how they adapted the Nanao chapters showcasing Taiyo's role as a big brother for him. Wanting him to have a life at his actual age's form. Being there to support when he needs it. It's one of my favorite parts of the manga personally.

Poor Mutsumi her cooking went way way wrong :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_7.05.28_PM.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've never heard of that show. Is it good?

To be honest, I'm just curious if Hati will get his revenge on the Goddess. I need to see her face the consequences of throwing our main out. :demonic:
Failure Frame is like 11 novels deep in the series. Looking at the summaries on Amazon it's in it's end game but they'll need a t least 2 seasons to get to what you're trying to see and that hasn't even happened in the novels yet. The anime is currently at volume 3 content.

Daio

PS_UMTS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Little Rock
I might have to make Red Roc one of my monitors background wall paper. That shyt was clean :wow:

also: 🎵 Zooming Zooming Zooming Zooming 🎵

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watching up through DanMachi S3 Ep 4 with the introduction of the Xenos, which are essentially a breed of monsters that poses intelligence. As Bell and the others find the Xenos in their village, they feel so human like it is creepy as you see it in their eyes. Gradually bit by bit, they get more comfortable around them much like they did with Weine.

The Xenos talk about longing to reach the surface and Uranus, head of the guild, who sees the potential of monsters coexisting with humans. Given their reaction to Wiene helping a child, the very thought of a monster being on the surface is unthinkable. Coexisting in a giant step from that. The issue lies more in how they do it. IMO introducing the concept of intelligent monsters would be first, but again they how is important.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-25_at_11.41.54_AM.png

The very interesting thing in Hestia and Uranus's conversation is how monsters and the mother dungeon mirrors the Gods/Goddesses and their children. When both die, they get reincarnated and return to their areas. God/Goddesses's children return to the lower world and monsters return to the dungeon. Considering that monster posses different varieties of intelligence much like people, they essentially, in concept, are no different.

Even much like adventurers, the Xenos get attacked by the more conventional monsters. At some point, they seem closer to humans than typical monsters. It's a tricky topic. Of course, Wiene who has only seen the good of humans from the Hestia family, will see the brutal truth of how terrible they can be as well.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-26_at_9.49.41_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-26_at_10.24.41_AM.png

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Damn, 9anime / Aniwave shutting down... I was on the last episode of my Da Da Dan binge too
:sadbron: First KissAnime now this

They was the best one had everything there

Writing been on the wall for a while now sites was going down almost every day:francis:

Anix.To bout to be the main now till Kickassanime gets there shyt together :stopitslime:

Edit:Forgot Anix was owned by them too:damn::mjcry: