djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Just marathoned Vinland Saga. Season 2 had to be the most boring anime I ever watched in my life. 20+ episodes of slave life and farming. And I’ve seen the turn pacifist angle done so much better. Was expecting a big payoff but thorfinn got punched in the face 100 times for a lame talk with a lame king. Im actually heated i watched this whole season

Pretty sure Vinland is North America. So the Violence and slavery is inescapable

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Started watching Spy Classroom S2 pretty solid first episode. First 3 episodes of S1 were a giant mess, but it has been solid outside of those 3. If you didn't like the concept of the show it isn't exactly going to make like it. Tho idea of going from V1 -> Side Storeis -> V2 feels like such a weird decision whoever was in charge of planning. From an anime only perspective the chronological order can feel really weird tho.

Need jjk and mt next season to know how they really stand cuz no matter how good source material is if you don’t adapt it right it’s a moot point
Bsd wasn’t for me I tried had to drop it even so I do agree a 1 season anime series don’t mean shyt unless ur consistent enough and we won’t know till those 2 are done what’s really up

Consistency is the biggest thing with these series that we need to see. Looking at Vinland, BSD and Golden Kamuy as example they had consistency in their staffs.

Tho in the case of JJK we do have JJK 0 and early signs of S2 we have signs where the production side will be consistent. But of course pacing and the story execution will be the big key. MT has even more challenges here.

Devil is a Part Timer is a big example where it had a great S1, but never got renewed for S2 for such a long time. You can tell the reason and the heart that was in the team that made S1 is not the same. Also its a completely different team.

Obviously we have case like Danmachi where pacing execution improves due to allowing the author to get more involvement in later seasons. Here it is S3 + S4. But this kind of feels like a rare case since tho.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Started watching Spy Classroom S2 pretty solid first episode. First 3 episodes of S1 were a giant mess, but it has been solid outside of those 3. If you didn't like the concept of the show it isn't exactly going to make like it. Tho idea of going from V1 -> Side Storeis -> V2 feels like such a weird decision whoever was in charge of planning. From an anime only perspective the chronological order can feel really weird tho.

Consistency is the biggest thing with these series that we need to see. Looking at Vinland, BSD and Golden Kamuy as example they had consistency in their staffs.

Tho in the case of JJK we do have JJK 0 and early signs of S2 we have signs where the production side will be consistent. But of course pacing and the story execution will be the big key. MT has even more challenges here.

Devil is a Part Timer is a big example where it had a great S1, but never got renewed for S2 for such a long time. You can tell the reason and the heart that was in the team that made S1 is not the same. Also its a completely different team.

Obviously we have case like Danmachi where pacing execution improves due to allowing the author to get more involvement in later seasons. Here it is S3 + S4. But this kind of feels like a rare case since tho.
Still 😡 bout what they did to s2 pacing for danmachi cuz it be a highest tier series for me

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
BSD never has had a shaky season tho. S1 started off slow, but it build the foundation for S2 -> S5 that being the detective agency. S2 was great. S3 was good (had some weird writing choices at the times, but now things are clearer) and set things up for S4+S5 (which is basically one big arc)

JJK did its own thing tho, phenomenal S1 setting the stage. Fight quality wise no one is fukking with JJK. Offers some top tier character development. But story for JJK hasn't really started yet. Versus BSD Shibuya is the main story for JJK and that is what we all waiting for. Once that arc starts in September JJK will be getting the respect it deserves on here.

MT S1 is legit one of the best one season runs I have seen as of late. But they gotta show me they can pull it off again. That combination of world building, story, character development and animation was insane. Honestly I'm not expecting the budget quality like that again. There is tons of anime that had a great one season run and never got back to that level. So I need to see a repeat of that success.
Bet :yeshrug: I was just going off what you said about bungos last 2 seasons. If that ain't the case and you feel like BSD has been better than both of em for all 4 seasons I can't argue against it rn

With JJk we just gotta disagree, Shibuya is just a ridiculously high point for the story, that doesn't define what a story is, it's just the apex of the rising actions. The story is itadori being roped into trying to kill Sukuna and we got that point in season 1

We currently having a bigger moment than Shibuya right now but that ain't for this thread :whoo:
Nier has had the WEIRDEST release schedule i've ever seen for an anime :dwillhuh:
Just to reiterate, the plot for this has ridiculous potential in terms of twist but holy shyt they dropped the ball, it shouldn't have taken this long just to put out one fukking season

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This might be the dumbest post regarding anime I've ever read

Subtitles are in English, the issue is the VA talent pool is so small you hear the same 4 voices if you watch dubs, shyt is offputting
This is why we don't listen to @Bryan Danielson
giphy.webp

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Subtitles are in English, the issue is the VA talent pool is so small you hear the same 4 voices if you watch dubs, shyt is offputting

Twitter is just outrageous jokes, but I didn’t right that.

I know Read Gang vs NonRead Gang was TFR thing…. Just didn’t know it was on twitter too

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

That's the issue with most dubs because it's recycled voice actors. I wouldn't mind most dubs if they had some variety in voice actors. I feel they don't try hard enough to differentiate themselves from their other roles. I remember watching a clip of Demon Slayer dub and Tanjiro voice actor was the same voice actor as Koichi in JoJo. I feel it ruins the impact when you're getting the exact same performance and tone between characters.