winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So will the Bleach manga start after the Bleach anime ends? It's been a year at least. This Hell Arc needs to start rolling.
Kubo hasn't committed to continuing Bleach. That was just a oneshot he may or may not decide to expand upon. The praise and popularity on the TYBW anime might give him the push he needs though.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Liar Liar might be better then I thought it was. These 3 episodes were honestly much better then anything out of the cote anime.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just to reiterate, the plot for this has ridiculous potential in terms of twist but holy shyt they dropped the ball, it shouldn't have taken this long just to put out one fukking season
Anime industry is a fukking mess. So much shyt gets animated. Main issue from what I understand is the outsourcing company got covid and since studios depend on that that so much shyt got delays.

There is speculation that there will be a 2nd cour. And honestly 2nd half of Automata is much better then the first half so they can still bounce back. Tho them not being able to find a broadcast time is a bad look.

That's the issue with most dubs because it's recycled voice actors. I wouldn't mind most dubs if they had some variety in voice actors. I feel they don't try hard enough to differentiate themselves from their other roles. I remember watching a clip of Demon Slayer dub and Tanjiro voice actor was the same voice actor as Koichi in JoJo. I feel it ruins the impact when you're getting the exact same performance and tone between characters.
Biggest thing is range. Because they are more trained, but they are able to hide it and you are surprised that the same character is voiced by them. Well there is a bigger talent pool, but the best still get used frequently For example Rue Tajagashi voices

• Megumin
  • Emilia
  • Yuzuhiria
  • Ai
  • Karou Kamiya
  • Tomo
You would never guess outside of Yuzu and Karou that it is the same person. Each character sounds unique.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Screen_Shot_2023-07-15_at_1.38.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-15_at_1.38.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-15_at_1.38.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-15_at_1.39.02_PM.png

:mjlol:

Honestly from a production aspect Horimiya has been pretty impressive. Feels like a quality jump from S1 in that area plus it just adapted the festival arc which was one of the best arcs from the manga.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anime industry is a fukking mess. So much shyt gets animated. Main issue from what I understand is the outsourcing company got covid and since studios depend on that that so much shyt got delays.

There is speculation that there will be a 2nd cour. And honestly 2nd half of Automata is much better then the first half so they can still bounce back. Tho them not being able to find a broadcast time is a bad look.

Biggest thing is range. Because they are more trained, but they are able to hide it and you are surprised that the same character is voiced by them. Well there is a bigger talent pool, but the best still get used frequently For example Rue Tajagashi voices

• Megumin
  • Emilia
  • Yuzuhiria
  • Ai
  • Karou Kamiya
  • Tomo
You would never guess outside of Yuzu and Karou that it is the same person. Each character sounds unique.
Yeah, the range is important, and I wonder if viewers being more focused on reading distracts from listening to the voice a bit. I think with some Japanese voice actors you can easily tell. The actress that does Yor's voice in Spy X Family for example, is very easy to spot imo because she doesn't really change her voice much in other roles.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah, the range is important, and I wonder if viewers being more focused on reading distracts from listening to the voice a bit. I think with some Japanese voice actors you can easily tell. The actress that does Yor's voice in Spy X Family for example, is very easy to spot imo because she doesn't really change her voice much in other roles.
Looking at her roles she voices very similiar characters. Usually its either a very affectionate character like Yor or Shinobu.

Or more assertive tomboy characters like Kasumi from Bofuri or Ryuu from Danmachi.

Tho her performance of Ryuu in S4 was so insane. One of the many reasons why Danmachi S4 is one of the standout shows from this year.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Liar Liar might be better then I thought it was. These 3 episodes were honestly much better then anything out of the cote anime.
COTE anime is trash though. The light novels are much better. It's one of those series that doesn't really translate from book to anime well. Much of the best parts of COTE are because it's from the perspectives of the characters and mostly Ayanokoji.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
COTE anime is trash though. The light novels are much better. It's one of those series that doesn't really translate from book to anime well. Much of the best parts of COTE are because it's from the perspectives of the characters and mostly Ayanokoji.
The anime is trash because the adaptation is trash. Pacing and lack of monologues could be much better given more episodes at the very least. But the series could absolutely work as an anime. Tho even the novels themselves are overrated. Good but nowhere near a great series.

Something like Spy Classroom is a much better example of something that has issues being adapted into an anime medium.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The anime is trash because the adaptation is trash. Pacing and lack of monologues could be much better given more episodes at the very least. But the series could absolutely work as an anime. Tho even the novels themselves are overrated. Good but nowhere near a great series.

Something like Spy Classroom is a much better example of something that has issues being adapted into an anime medium.
Your argument is if things like budget constraints and episode limits weren’t an issue it could be good. COTE is edge of your seat reading that if you had to sit and watch it and weren’t in the character’s head becomes less compelling.

Spy Classroom’s first novel had issues being adapted but the other novels would be fine.

I haven’t watched it yet but Reign of the Seven Spellblades is also likely to have issues as an anime because the plot moves too slow. The author writes at a pace for the main plot where it’s easily going to take north of 20 novels to finish. Anime production committees not gonna give that time and the anime will probably rush through material.