Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Devil is a part timer season two is so offensive I can't even formulate coherent insults.

Season one is a personal classic and this drizzling shyt is depressing :sadcam:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
JJK, Bleach and MT gonna get all the love and are more popular. But from a quality standpoint BSD is the series to beat for the year.
How sway, both JJK and MT were heat rocks first season, with JJK about to have it's biggest moment this season, how is BSD already edging them out? If anything JJK is just trying to stick the landing and they'll have this season wrapped up easy as peak fiction

Bungo been having the anime community going crazy every season or something? I musta missed that somehow

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I know it won't happen but imagine if JJK actually aired episodes on the real life dates the character chose to do fukkshyt :wow:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
How sway, both JJK and MT were heat rocks first season, with JJK about to have it's biggest moment this season, how is BSD already edging them out? If anything JJK is just trying to stick the landing and they'll have this season wrapped up easy as peak fiction

Bungo been having the anime community going crazy every season or something? I musta missed that somehow
You're having 2 different arguments. You're talking about popularity (having the anime community going crazy) and he's talking about quality and it being severely underrated. From a pure action and :gladbron: moments position JJK and MT win out but based on consistency in writing at a high level, BSD has been superior based on the past 2 seasons.

And that's coming from the head promoter of JJK in this bih ( and no nikka, you can't claim this title and CSM, we all know you're sticking with your son Denji).

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
You're having 2 different arguments. You're talking about popularity (having the anime community going crazy) and he's talking about quality and it being severely underrated. From a pure action and :gladbron: moments position JJK and MT win out but based on consistency in writing at a high level, BSD has been superior based on the past 2 seasons.

And that's coming from the head promoter of JJK in this bih ( and no nikka, you can't claim this title and CSM, we all know you're sticking with your son Denji).
If the past 2 seasons of BSD have been consistent, then there was instability in previous seasons? Do they explain why the show hasn't been buzzing consistently? I remember starting it then dropping it multiple times before the series stuck.

jjk and mt haven't had that yet :manny: they're currently shooting 100% from the field, I can't put a show that's had questionable seasons above them (until they slip up) if we talking about quality. If that logic doesn't make sense I'm all ears for the discourse, demon slayer just dropped a couple slots for me because of how they did season 3 as well if we talking consistency

Denji is a stronger protagonist than itadori by FAR in terms of plot :wow: jjk can't even decide who the main character is, it still feels like Gojo half the time :hubie: nothing wrong with that, but gun to my head I think the WORLD of CSM is more interesting than any other shounen going on rn...the devils are based off of human fears breh :wow: the possibilities are endless, whereas we already know jjk is the coolest aspects of all action shounen combined into one thing, different lanes imo :lawd:

Itadori got hands but outside of that i couldn't really tell ya much about him or his motivations, nikka literally signed up to be killed by Gojo once he got all 20 fingers ingested, and didn't really put much thought into that choice outside of just needing something to do with himself.......Denji been waiting forever to get some yams and you can sense it in his actions :wow: poochita brought him back to life solely for that reason, the motivation is palpable

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
If the past 2 seasons of BSD have been consistent, then there was instability in previous seasons?

jjk and mt haven't had that yet :manny: they're currently shooting 100% from the field, I can't put a show that's had questionable seasons above them (until they slip up) if we talking about quality. If that logic doesn't make sense I'm all ears for the discourse, demon slayer just dropped a couple slots for me because of how they did season 3 as well if we talking consistency

Denji is a stronger protagonist than itadori by FAR in terms of plot :wow: jjk can't even decide who the main character is, it still feels like Gojo half the time :hubie: nothing wrong with that, but gun to my head I think the WORLD of CSM is more interesting than any other shounen going on rn...the devils are based off of human fears breh :wow: the possibilities are endless, whereas we already know jjk is the coolest aspects of all action shounen combined into one thing, different lanes imo :lawd:

Itadori got hands but outside of that in couldn't really tell ya much about him or his motivations, nikka literally signed up to be killed by Gojo once he got all 20 fingers ingested, and didn't really put much thought into that choice....Denji been waiting forever to get some yams and you can sense it in his actions :wow:
That's based on false equivalency and entirely subjective but you're presenting it as if it's an indisputable fact but instead of going back and forth with increasingly more nuanced points I'm going to make it as simple as possible.

You have a rookie athlete who has a breakout year, wins Rookie of the Year the whole bag. Then you've got a guy 4 or 5 years in who started off pretty good but nothing spectacular but he's turned it around, coming off his best seasons ever and is nominated for League MVP. If you're the owner, some people are going to take the rookie and some are going to take the vet and neither of them are wrong.

As far as CSM being superior to JJK, I'm not doing that again. You got it breh.:hubie:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That's based on false equivalency and entirely subjective but you're presenting it as if it's an indisputable fact but instead of going back and forth with increasingly more nuanced points I'm going to make it as simple as possible.

You have a rookie athlete who has a breakout year, wins Rookie of the Year the whole bag. Then you've got a guy 4 or 5 years in who started off pretty good but nothing spectacular but he's turned it around, coming off his best seasons ever and is nominated for League MVP. If you're the owner, some people are going to take the rookie and some are going to take the vet and neither of them are wrong.

As far as CSM being superior to JJK, I'm not doing that again. You got it breh.:hubie:
im going off of you saying bungo has been superior for the last 2 seasons :manny: not my own opinion of the show. if it's had seasons that are shaky, i can't say its better than series who haven't had shaky seasons yet, i guess that's subjective but i haven't seen any complaints about s1 of either of those series anywhere forreal

JJK and CSM are 1A and 1B for me so it really aint a debate for me :manny: both still shyt on everything else for me

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
im going off of you saying bungo has been superior for the last 2 seasons :manny: not my own opinion of the show. if it's had seasons that are shaky, i can't say its better than series who haven't had shaky seasons yet, i guess that's subjective but i haven't seen any complaints about s1 of either of those series anywhere forreal

JJK and CSM are 1A and 1B for me so it really aint a debate for me :manny: both still shyt on everything else for me
BSD never has had a shaky season tho. S1 started off slow, but it build the foundation for S2 -> S5 that being the detective agency. S2 was great. S3 was good (had some weird writing choices at the times, but now things are clearer) and set things up for S4+S5 (which is basically one big arc)

JJK did its own thing tho, phenomenal S1 setting the stage. Fight quality wise no one is fukking with JJK. Offers some top tier character development. But story for JJK hasn't really started yet. Versus BSD Shibuya is the main story for JJK and that is what we all waiting for. Once that arc starts in September JJK will be getting the respect it deserves on here.

MT S1 is legit one of the best one season runs I have seen as of late. But they gotta show me they can pull it off again. That combination of world building, story, character development and animation was insane. Honestly I'm not expecting the budget quality like that again. There is tons of anime that had a great one season run and never got back to that level. So I need to see a repeat of that success.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Yes you are. No he don't
wrestler-smiling.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
BSD never has had a shaky season tho. S1 started off slow, but it build the foundation for S2 -> S5 that being the detective agency. S2 was great. S3 was good (had some weird writing choices at the times, but now things are clearer) and set things up for S4+S5 (which is basically one big arc)

JJK did its own thing tho, phenomenal S1 setting the stage. Fight quality wise no one is fukking with JJK. Offers some top tier character development. But story for JJK hasn't really started yet. Versus BSD Shibuya is the main story for JJK and that is what we all waiting for. Once that arc starts in September JJK will be getting the respect it deserves on here.

MT S1 is legit one of the best one season runs I have seen as of late. But they gotta show me they can pull it off again. That combination of world building, story, character development and animation was insane. Honestly I'm not expecting the budget quality like that again. There is tons of anime that had a great one season run and never got back to that level. So I need to see a repeat of that success.
Bet :yeshrug: I was just going off what you said about bungos last 2 seasons. If that ain't the case and you feel like BSD has been better than both of em for all 4 seasons I can't argue against it rn

With JJk we just gotta disagree, Shibuya is just a ridiculously high point for the story, that doesn't define what a story is, it's just the apex of the rising actions. The story is itadori being roped into trying to kill Sukuna and we got that point in season 1

We currently having a bigger moment than Shibuya right now but that ain't for this thread :whoo:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Need jjk and mt next season to know how they really stand cuz no matter how good source material is if you don’t adapt it right it’s a moot point
Bsd wasn’t for me I tried had to drop it even so I do agree a 1 season anime series don’t mean shyt unless ur consistent enough and we won’t know till those 2 are done what’s really up