tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Your argument is if things like budget constraints and episode limits weren’t an issue it could be good. COTE is edge of your seat reading that if you had to sit and watch it and weren’t in the character’s head becomes less compelling.

Spy Classroom’s first novel had issues being adapted but the other novels would be fine.

I haven’t watched it yet but Reign of the Seven Spellblades is also likely to have issues as an anime because the plot moves too slow. The author writes at a pace for the main plot where it’s easily going to take north of 20 novels to finish. Anime production committees not gonna give that time and the anime will probably rush through material.

Main point is biggest issue of the anime is pacing (which is horrifically bad btw) and lack of monologues as every character in the anime minus Honami feels lifeless. Would it be worse sure, as it was designed as a novel. But it absolutely can work as an anime it proper care and not given a garbage adaptation which has it received.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Those that are looking for an ecchi comedy Temple as a series is good. The anime as an adaptation has issues mostly with voice over and sound direction mostly with miscasts for the 3 leads. But the manga is hilarious and has really good moments where it offers nice character development. @twan83 and @Black_Panther_JS I def recommend the manga, but the anime is still enjoyable. Big reason is that the mangaka is the same as the artist from Grand Blue. But it is more ecchi then Grand Blue, so I wouldn't go in with those expectations because that would be unreasonable.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Those that are looking for an ecchi comedy Temple as a series is good. The anime as an adaptation has issues mostly with voice over and sound direction mostly with miscasts for the 3 leads. But the manga is hilarious and has really good moments where it offers nice character development. @twan83 and @Black_Panther_JS I def recommend the manga, but the anime is still enjoyable. Big reason is that the mangaka is the same as the artist from Grand Blue. But it is more ecchi then Grand Blue, so I wouldn't go in with those expectations because that would be unreasonable.

Is it this

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Main point is biggest issue of the anime is pacing (which is horrifically bad btw) and lack of monologues as every character in the anime minus Honami feels lifeless. Would it be worse sure, as it was designed as a novel. But it absolutely can work as an anime it proper care and not given a garbage adaptation which has it received.
Long running light novels have a difficult time working as anime series. The first year of COTE is 14 novels long. There are 3 years. So far the second year is 11 novels long. 2 seasons @ 24 episodes and they just finished volume 7. Are they really going to commit to a full run? Even then in those 2 seasons they butchered it.

It's just a limitation of anime. If each year runs 14 novels that's 42 total. With the constraints of anime the series is just going to be too long to do a proper adaptation. You're talking about a possible 140+ episodes of an anime to theoretically cover it all if they maintained the same pace of 24 episodes per 7 volumes.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still can't believe that turd Masamune-kun's Revenge got a second season. Never seen a manga author straight up troll their readers so toughly.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Long running light novels have a difficult time working as anime series. The first year of COTE is 14 novels long. There are 3 years. So far the second year is 11 novels long. 2 seasons @ 24 episodes and they just finished volume 7. Are they really going to commit to a full run? Even then in those 2 seasons they butchered it.

It's just a limitation of anime. If each year runs 14 novels that's 42 total. With the constraints of anime the series is just going to be too long to do a proper adaptation. You're talking about a possible 140+ episodes of an anime to theoretically cover it all if they maintained the same pace of 24 episodes per 7 volumes.
I am strictly talking about year one. While year two continues the story it is by all intents a sequel series. It prob will end up with another crap adaptation just to advertise the novel.

What i was talking about the adaptation FROM THE START could have been well done. Give 2 or all 3 season 2 cours/split cour you time to have proper pacing to make a proper well received anime. It is a series that could have received a good adaptation, but it just didn't.

No matter how the current adaptation goes it will be trash. I never denied this.

I hope this show comes back

When y’all was stanning it.

I slept on it. Watched after it ended. But when I got on, this shyt was amazing

iirc S2 got announced. Hopefully its either single or split cour goes they def ran out of budget down the stretch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I am strictly talking about year one. While year two continues the story it is by all intents a sequel series. It prob will end up with another crap adaptation just to advertise the novel.

What i was talking about the adaptation FROM THE START could have been well done. Give 2 or all 3 season 2 cours/split cour you time to have proper pacing to make a proper well received anime. It is a series that could have received a good adaptation, but it just didn't.

No matter how the current adaptation goes it will be trash. I never denied this.

iirc S2 got announced. Hopefully its either single or split cour goes they def ran out of budget down the stretch.
The entire point of COTE is to graduate from high school as class A. Year 1 covers just the 1 of 3 high school years. Calling year 2 a sequel series is window dressing. If year 2 never got published nobody would call year 1 a complete series.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
, Those that are looking for an ecchi comedy Temple as a series is good. The anime as an adaptation has issues mostly with voice over and sound direction mostly with miscasts for the 3 leads. But the manga is hilarious and has really good moments where it offers nice character development. @twan83 and @Black_Panther_JS I def recommend the manga, but the anime is still enjoyable. Big reason is that the mangaka is the same as the artist from Grand Blue. But it is more ecchi then Grand Blue, so I wouldn't go in with those expectations because that would be unreasonable.

I already do :salute: Temple is funny af