Consumed

Superstar
Daps
starting to binge some of the seasonal shows

Trigun Stampede has got me invested, its quite good. I prefer the direction its taking at the start compared to the original. I assume this is how the manga went too.

edit: google search says its a retelling of the manga that follows it more closely than the original anime. I gotta read the manga at some point to get all sides of the story at some point cuz it seems like there's three different interpretations, but either way I like where this is going.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yeah, the only thing the two have in common is they're both soccer animes. It's like comparing Slam Dunk and Kuroko.

Anyways, I felt Ao Ashi did a very good with building their characters, and also does a good job teaching you the sport.

The ending slaps

Ya this was really good just got done with it gonna hop on the manga for this and blue lock now

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A Returner's Magic Should Be Special getting an anime is surprising. Hopefully that means The Begining After The End can get one.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah, I remember manga readers complaining about the show skipping all over the place. But I thought the story was done. I mean, season 1 ended with them graduating, no?

I'm cool with more from the show tbh, it was really refreshing watching a show that was about the relationship and not "will they, wont they" dynamic.
Next season has Galaxy Next Door with a similar dynamic. I don't think the anime will be as good as the manga with respect to the art since it probably be mid-tier in terms of production but should be good.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The anime season practically over
My top 5
1. Bungo stray dogs s5
2. To your Eternity s2
3. Blue lock
4. Boku no hero
5. Farmland Saga

Honorable mention
Revenger, Tokyo revenger

Catchup

Worst
That trails show was freaking terrible, cold steel 3 really did a better covering the war. :beli:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
"After more than a century, thats the best answer you could come up with?!?" :russ:

finished Trigun Stampede. Not only did I have no issues with the differences from '98 Trigun, this might be my preferred version if the quality keeps up.

Some of the changes I liked most is Vash being way less of a goofball - the perverted antics that never made sense to begin with are not in his character here. "Replacing" Milly with a more serious perspective that mentors Meryl turned out to be a good decision. Knives is a way more compelling villain in this version imo. There's more transparency early on about Vash and the sci-fi aspects of the story.

Will mark S2 on the calendar when announced.