Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That was a great episode of Vinland Saga
Thorgil :damn:

Lief a real one for searching for Thorfinn for this long

Olmar is such a tragic character and it was obvious from the jump he's not built for this.

Canute is a demon

Hopefully, Thorfinn can stay strong though this because I feel like this is the worst timing for Canute to arrive.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Started rewatching Witch from Mercury.

Got damn I thought the prologue was good before but all the foreshadowing is actually insane. :mindblown:

And there is some shyt that I looked over the first time watching this that, but now I'm like :ohhh:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
More the a married couple but not lovers was a surprisingly enjoyable romance series gonna continue with the manga for this one

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Caught up to Tomo-chan just before the season finale tomorrow. I like how much focus there is on the supporting characters who are far more interesting and developed than the leads are. Misuzu drives literally all the progression in the show, Carol is the funniest.

I remember the manga for this having a release schedule of one chapter (single page) everyday for four years, which helped it build an audience overtime and made it more interesting than it had any right to be based on the premise. When this got announced I was wondering how that'd translate to anime. Turned out just fine as they did a good job with this. Can finish up the whole thing in another season I think.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Caught up to Tomo-chan just before the season finale tomorrow. I like how much focus there is on the supporting characters who are far more interesting and developed than the leads are. Misuzu drives literally all the progression in the show, Carol is the funniest.

I remember the manga for this having a release schedule of one chapter (single page) everyday for four years, which helped it build an audience overtime and made it more interesting than it had any right to be based on the premise. When this got announced I was wondering how that'd translate to anime. Turned out just fine as they did a good job with this. Can finish up the whole thing in another season I think.
I think the anime did a great job with pacing. At times it was approaching Kaguya level comedy. And great development from each of the 4 from the main cast. Characters are a lot more deeper than the average rom-com.

Kind of stands out to other romance show that were airing this season.
  • Kubo was very cute. But not much more than that.
  • Tsundre Villainess was over the top in the good way. Fun watch
  • Ice guy was the most grounded but very very dry. Def a better read then watch.

Next season has a lot of good romance mangas getting adapted.

• Dangers in my Heart
  • Galaxy next door
  • Insomniacs after school
  • Skip and loafer

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I think the anime did a great job with pacing. At times it was approaching Kaguya level comedy. And great development from each of the 4 from the main cast. Characters are a lot more deeper than the average rom-com.

Kind of stands out to other romance show that were airing this season.
  • Kubo was very cute. But not much more than that.
  • Tsundre Villainess was over the top in the good way. Fun watch
  • Ice guy was the most grounded but very very dry. Def a better read then watch.

Next season has a lot of good romance mangas getting adapted.

• Dangers in my Heart
  • Galaxy next door
  • Insomniacs after school
  • Skip and loafer

What it manages to do in just 13 episodes is pretty impressive. Its very self aware about why the genre sucks and avoids some of those pitfalls you commonly see.

As for next season I'm only familiar with Insomniacs which I've heard good things about. Curious about the other three.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
What it manages to do in just 13 episodes is pretty impressive. Its very self aware about why the genre sucks and avoids some of those pitfalls you commonly see.

As for next season I'm only familiar with Insomniacs which I've heard good things about. Curious about the other three.
Dangers in my Heart starts with a structure similar to the typical Rom-com but it really does a good job with the male MC's development similar to Dress up Darling in the way. Yamada (female Mc) has the makings to blow up similar to Marin. It depends how they adapt the first volume since that is the weakest point of the manga, but after that it takes off. If it adapts volume 1 well the anime could approach Demon Slayer, Dr. Stone, Jigo and OnK tier for next season. (Assuming Mappa doesn't shyt the bed with Jigo's adaptation)

Galaxy Next Door is an adult cast and doesn't really bullshyt you like the majority of the genre. Great progression. Good humor and lovable cast. Biggest issue with the anime is that the production is mid-tier from what I seen. As long as the voice acting is good it should be a good one.

Skip and Loafer offers the reverse that you see in shounen rom-coms. You have the average female with the stud male as the leads. But the female mc should be a fan favorite. Similiar to what I said about Yamada the Male mc should be very likable. Similar to tomo the overall main cast is phenomenal. Manga offers great humor, but some great moments for character development. Imo out of these 3 its the best.

Still need to start reading Insomniacs prob get to that after I end up reading Skip and Loafer and Cafe Terrace.